• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Netflix |OT| Where Binge Watching is Encouraged

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
*my reaction as I see Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 added

RDJ_Woah.gif

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

13 Demons (Horror)
American Horror Story Roanoke (TV, Horror)
Car Dogs (Comedy, Drama)
Cult of Chucky (Horror)
Lay the Favorite (Indie, Comedy)
Raw (Horror, Foreign)
Rodney Carrington: Here Comes the Truth (Standup, Netflix Original)
Security (Action, Thriller)
The Ornithologist (Indie, Drama, Foreign)
The Survivalist (Thriller, SciFi)
Zoo Season 3 (TV, SciFi)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You trolling? US?

Damn, it's not in US. Googled it and it looked like japan has it tho.

Portugal of all places lol >_<

its the 2012 one, Season 1 (26 eps). They also added Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 (didnt even know season 1 was up), Samurai Champloo and Your Lie In April which I've heard Gaf talk about a lot, so it seems it was anime week over here >_>

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Price increase incoming:

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1443392

The streaming video service will be raising prices on its middle and top tier plans in the U.S. starting in November. Subscribers who currently pay for the standard $9.99 service will be charged $10.99. The price of the premium tier will rise from $11.99 to $13.99.

sfedai0

Banned
Im ok with it as long as the quality of content continues at a high level. I realized I dont miss Disney stuff at all. Never felt the needd to rewatch any of the marvel movies.

Susurrus

They do lack in a couple areas though. Anime and movies in general are really lacking.

I've seen a lot of anime announced lately. Not much of a follower, so no idea if good, and they're obviously not going to hit anime-focused sites like crunchyroll and funimation, but can't deny they're kicking more off.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Bonus Family Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Chris Brown: Welcome to My Life (Doc, Music)
ID-0 Season 1 (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
It Was Fifty Years Ago Today! The Beatles: Sgt. Pepper and Beyond (Doc, Cultural)
Kibaoh Klashers Season 2 (TV, Kids)
Kung Fu Yoga (Action, Foreign)
Middle Man (Indie, Comedy)
Precious Youth Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Schitt's Creek Season 3 (TV, Comedy)
Skylanders Academy Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Suburra: Blood on Rome (TV, Crime, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Death and Life of Marsha P. Johnson (Doc, Bio, Netflix Original)
The Fosters Season 5 (TV, Drama)
Word Party Season 3 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

RedAssedApe

Banned
Mind hunter trailer has me intrigued. Reviews seem to be going either way. Sounds like it might be slow burn. “Reviews” seem to only be for two episodes so far.

Slacker

Long Shot is really good. If you like crime docs check it out. It’s a nice quick 40 minutes. And if you haven’t seen it already, skip the trailer. Not knowing the ‘twist’ (if you can call it that in a true story) will make for an amusing surprise half way through.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

Ajaibnya Cinta Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Battle Royale 1-2 (Action, Foreign)
Blessed Benefit (Comedy, Foreign)
Bomb Scared (Comedy, Foreign)
Christina P: Mother Inferior (Standup, Netflix Original)
Clair Obscur (Drama, Foreign)
Cube (Horror, SciFi)
Cube 2: Hypercube (Horror, SciFi)
Cube Zero (Horror, SciFi)
Donnie Darko (SciFi)
El Especial de Alex Fernández el Especial (Standup, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Hostel 1-2 (Horror)
Kingdom of Us (Doc, Bio, Netflix Original)
Little Monsters (Family)
Mindhunter Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Super Monsters Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Comedy)
Teeth (Horror)
The Babysitter (Comedy, Horror, Netflix Original)
The Meyerowitz Stories (New and Selected) (Comedy, Netflix Original)
The Midnight Meat Train (Horror)
The Skyjacker's Tale (Doc, Cultural)
The Voices (Horror, Comedy)
Voltron: Legendary Defender Season 4 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

Xisiqomelir

Just saw the Joe Rogan: Triggered special, shit was hilarious

The physicality in the dolphin and Bruce Jenner bits was really well done, I can believe he was as high as he claims

Just finished watching the office the second time. Been years since I watched it all.

I came away again thinking they could have done at least one more season. I mean, I think season 9 was a bit of a mess tbh. BUT, towards the end it got stronger and I think the next season would have been worth doing.

The film crew would stick around for whatever reason, perhaps a follow up to the documentary.

Well then,

The price went one dollar up for the USA right? For some reason Netflix goes up 2 euros in Holland. Where I was first paying 11,99 for the 4K sub it will now be 13,99 starting from November. How nice.

Really hope they improve their 4K offerings then.

Tiger and bunny is on NA netflix. That is a pretty solid anime imo.

Well then,

The price went one dollar up for the USA right? For some reason Netflix goes up 2 euros in Holland. Where I was first paying 11,99 for the 4K sub it will now be 13,99 starting from November. How nice.

Really hope they improve their 4K offerings then.

I think it depends on the subscription plan. I think the higher end plans went up more than the low end.

Vyer

Patton Oswalt’s new comedy special is great. Really heartfelt stuff as he talks about the loss of his wife, too. Some of his better work.

sfedai0

Banned
Just watched Wheelman. New Netflix Original movie. Great car chase movie with a very succinct, no frills plot with great driving sequences. Little like Drive.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Added today:

1922 (Thriller, Netflix Original)
Haters Back Off Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
One of Us (Doc, Cultural, Netflix Original)
Smurfs: The Lost Village (Kids)
The Day I Met El Chapo Season 1 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Wheelman (Action, Thriller, Netflix Original)

neoanarch

Wheelman is really fucking great.

1922 another King adaptation! This is truly the year of King.

I'm gonna completely ignore that trash Chapo doc. Kate is trying to come off as.skme.sort of victim from the look of the trialed when a few years ago she was publicly praising Chapo. Ew

Decado

It's definitely 4K, and I think it has HDR, but I can't confirm myself.
Cool. Any idea if the recent Stephen King films are 4k HDR?

Btw, I've googled for a good list of Netflix 4k HDR content, but everything I've seen is outdated and/or select "favourite" lists. Anyone know of a good resource?

neoanarch

Btw, I've googled for a good list of Netflix 4k HDR content, but everything I've seen is outdated and/or select "favourite" lists. Anyone know of a good resource?
If you search for 4k it brings up a list.

kevin1025

Banned

Both King adaptations are 4K, not sure on the HDR. 1922 shows up on the 4K list, but Gerald's Game is mentioned as 4K under the press release but weirdly not on the list.

Very disappointed so far at The Punisher. On episode 5. Was expecting something way different. There have been some cool scenes but still not what I was expecting.

Manus

Very disappointed so far at The Punisher. On episode 5. Was expecting something way different. There have been some cool scenes but still not what I was expecting.

That's a bummer I've yet to watch it.

I'm ticked Netflix is letting Always Sunny leave their service. Luckily it's switching over to Hulu and I have that.

Damn, seemed really nice going by the trailers.
Was wondering why we didn't have an OT already... guess Marvel on Netflix never surprises us. :(

Mulgrok

Punisher was pretty good, imo. It was more of a character drama than action cheesefest. The later episodes definitely lack the polish of the first 6 though.

Looking forward to a season 2, if they are doing that.

Top Bottom