• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo MCC is receiving feedback?

Vinc

Still the most disappointed I have ever been buying a game day 1. Haven't been nearly as invested in Xbox as a whole since.

Hell, I don't even care about PC or Reach or remastered Halo 3.

I just want the goddamn game to do what was promised: seamless multiplayer across the various Halo generations. Or my money back, plus some for the inconvenience. I don't give two shits about how hard this is on the backend, this is the hype that they sold this game on. Repeatedly.

BizzyBum

I'm pretty sure MS is working on a revamped MCC for PC and Scorpio.....I hope it has Reach and ODST tbh...

They could redeem themselves if they:

- Port to PC / add Scorpio support
- Add ODST and Reach
- Halo 3: Anniversary integrated into MCC
- Squash all the bugs

Akai__

Has anyone received something between today and yesterday?

I'm curious about how they are selecting people, because some friends/people, who logged over 500 hours and are part of the HCFP, didn't get one. Meanwhile, a friend of mine who refunded the game after a week got a survey.

Don't you think that people who logged significant playtime know more about the issues than people who didn't? I have over 700 hours and I also did every single achievement (600 achievements to be precise) which made me realize even more how many bugs this Collection has.

jelly

Wow, you have the patience of a saint. All achievements. Do you have every other achievement in Halo games?

I still think they may have been working on it quietly on the side, it would need a major reworking, not patch after patch and porting to PC, Scorpio. The franchise is so tainted, they need a win big time and expanding to the PC crowd with Halo 6 probably, it wouldn't be the worse thing to put Halo MCC on Windows, might even be their biggest hit behind Minecraft. The franchise needs some more fans more than ever. Fingers crossed. I hope they've gone above and beyond and improved everything, reworked things, Halo CEA that looks like Halo CE, no PC quirks, added more to Halo 2, remastered Halo 3/ODST and matchmaking for Firefight, Reach. 343's worst aspect, playlist management.

A free, major reworking of the MCC for all existing owners + 4k for scorpio + a PC version would be one of the nicest make goods on a fuck up since Final Fantasy XIV.

Do it Phil!

Add ODST and Reach into a new retail version and you got yourself quiet the repackage.

Akai__

Wow, you have the patience of a saint. All achievements. Do you have every other achievement in Halo games?

I do, except for Spartan Strike, Spartan Assault and Halo Wars 2. I had tons of fun with them for the most part, otherwise I really wouldn't do them. That's why I'm not gonna bother with Halo Wars 2 for now, until they further improve the campaign balancing. Halo Wars 1 was much better balanced and it was actually a challenge on Legendary. Halo Wars 2 is just cheap cheating bulletsponge AI.

The only issue I still have to this day is the fact that it's impossible to find any matches in Big Team Battle. It never worked well at launch and it still doesn't now.

The only issue I still have to this day is the fact that it's impossible to find any matches in Big Team Battle. It never worked well at launch and it still doesn't now.
Where do you live? I'm from NA (East Coast) and I rarely have issues finding games. The main issue I run into is Halo 3 95% of my matches lol.

Cranster

Banned
Has anyone received something between today and yesterday?

I'm curious about how they are selecting people, because some friends/people, who logged over 500 hours and are part of the HCFP, didn't get one. Meanwhile, a friend of mine who refunded the game after a week got a survey.

Don't you think that people who logged significant playtime know more about the issues than people who didn't? I have over 700 hours and I also did every single achievement (600 achievements to be precise) which made me realize even more how many bugs this Collection has.
No idea. I have only 6 achievements left to complete (LASO was a big challenge) and I still haven't recieved a survey through the feedback program.

Where do you live? I'm from NA (East Coast) and I rarely have issues finding games. The main issue I run into is Halo 3 95% of my matches lol.
Same here. I do enjoy some of the maps in Halo 3 but the lack of hitscan makes Halo 3's gunplay more inconsistent and frustrating than every other game in the collection.

Jigolo

PC port beggars have been on fire lately. I expect much more of this trash at E3.

I expect nothing to come out of this survey but two years later is strange. Maybe they're working on a similar project...

Cranster

Banned
PC port beggars have been on fire lately. I expect much more of this trash at E3.

I expect nothing to come out of this survey but two years later is strange. Maybe they're working on a similar project...
Anything is possible at this point. Seems like a way to gauge interest in fixing it or relaunching/redoing it.

Hopefully this leads to a full pass through the game to polish out all of the issues, rebuild multiplayer and campaign co-op for dedicated servers, a 4K/60 Scorpio patch, and PC support with cross-platform play. And H3A (with toggle support on Scorpio, since it probably wouldn't be possible on OG X1) and a basic port of Halo Reach. With Reach and ODST Firefight.

I expect literally none of this.

I didn't get any e-mail and I'm part of the feedback program, cmon!

Ditto.

Naked Lunch

Best case scenario: they finally fix MCC's multiplayer and make it free for all xbox users. This brings the community back to Halo in spades, pleases longtime fans, and feeds right into Halo 6 hype.

Cranster

Banned
People are still having issues? It's been smooth sailing for a long time for me and a couple friends I play it with.
Matchmaking is still far from perfect for lots of people. Let alone other parts of the collection like co-op and custom games are still in a broken state.

bakeray

as a life long halo and microsoft fan, easily one of the biggest let downs I've ever purchased. i wasted so much time attempting to find games. the matchmaking is way better now but it's still garbage.

mcrommert

Banned
Yeah

Hate this logic wheres its perfect for 5 people so that means its perfect for every body else

Seriously please stop... Look at home posting history.. I defend Microsoft and 343 more than they deserve

Halo Mcc us broken in so many ways it's hard to even explain. Please stop saying it isn't. Better be they are fixing it or this will be a stain on Halo that will never come out

Well shit, I never use the custom games. I just do the campaigns co-op and the Halo 2 playlist pvp.

Nonsense. Quit trying to wind people up with this troll horseshit.

You got a problem with my perfectly reasonable post, then you can just ignore it and move on.

wwm0nkey

Not that this means anything anymore, but MCC for PC was being worked on at some point. The Halo Channel App on Windows 10 even references it.

381545c3e6415e951c4b5c65ca27c633.png
52d54c4b51d4722c8d5db877e10c01c7.png

So hopefully if they are fixing this, they are also reviving the PC version as well

I will defend Halo 5 till I die but for any halo fan to say Halo MCC works fine physically hurts me. The game needs a refresh and I still hope there is a possibility because having a relaunch with a working multiplayer, Xbox play anywhere and cross play would still sell

I will defend Halo 5 till I die but for any halo fan to say Halo MCC works fine physically hurts me. The game needs a refresh and I still hope there is a possibility because having a relaunch with a working multiplayer, Xbox play anywhere and cross play would still sell

Agreed.

Many friends, all had various issues. Even a few people who said "oh, it never was broken for me"- I watched their stream or visited their station-they had issues. From minor to never being able to find a match, that whole package was saddening. I think the people that say "It works fine for me" probably just don't recognize the gears getting stuck. Ignorance is bliss (good for them) or they just got incredibly lucky they didn't run across the big ones.

So close, yet so far.

It is amazing, though- that they had so many cooks in the kitchen and still got out a product that was semi functional. It's just nothing I would have expected Microsoft to back/release like that. One of the major franchises released in such poor showing is just really lame.

wwm0nkey

Yeah I will never get "Well I don't have issues on my end so it works perfectly" people. The game still has several issues sadly

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Maybe a relaunch with bug fixes, Halo 3: Remastered/Anniversary added to it (to match the Halo 3 Anniversary), and Halo: Reach added. Everything but Halo 3: Anniversary is now free to download and has enhanced Scorpio benefits?

That would be one way to bring it back.

93xfan

Banned
Still the most disappointed I have ever been buying a game day 1. Haven't been nearly as invested in Xbox as a whole since.

Same here. I'm still not satisfied until they do some more fixes and revamp the menu. Maps and game types should not be roes. This is just 343 trying to be different and failing hard.

Top Bottom