• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steven Universe |OT| Truly, Truly, Truly Outrageous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

The song will
"Stronger than You"
will be up on Youtube independently in a couple-ish hours after the west coast showing. I will try and post it when I can.

Man what a fucking amazing 20 minute duo.

So Garnet is a lesbian couple. I guess they can get away with the implication since the kiss was only in the cheek or w/e. But seeing Garnet so lively and saying "We already loved you" was great. The battle and song was also great. Lapis proves to me why I like her so much with that self sacrifice and the fight between Steven and Greg was very touching. Damn I guess that next season will have to be Steven somehow figuring out what his mom couldn't and finding a way to restore the corrupted gems or these guys don't stand a chance. Assuming there aren't more friendly gems around earth outside of Lapis. I hope she eventually finds a way to unfuse herself

So is tomorrow's episode plot relevant or was this the season finale?

Order

Man what a fucking amazing 20 minute duo.

So Garnet is a lesbian couple. I guess they can get away with the implication since the kiss was only in the cheek or w/e. But seeing Garnet so lively and saying "We already loved you" was great. The battle and song was also great. Lapis proves to me why I like her so much with that self sacrifice and the fight between Steven and Greg was very touching. Damn I guess that next season will have to be Steven somehow figuring out what his mom couldn't and finding a way to restore the corrupted gems or these guys don't stand a chance. Assuming there aren't more friendly gems around earth outside of Lapis. I hope she eventually finds a way to unfuse herself

So is tomorrow's episode plot relevant or was this the season finale?
The next episode seems to be the aftermath

Puruzi

Banned
Reading through random posts in here and it seems like Steven Universe is a much better show then I gave it credit for? Watched a couple of the early episodes and I only liked the one with that green monster thing that Steven became friends with.

I was looking for another toon to watch, so I'll give it another shot, I want in on this hype train.

Reading through random posts in here and it seems like Steven Universe is a much better show then I gave it credit for? Watched a couple of the early episodes and I only liked the one with that green monster thing that Steven became friends with.

I was looking for another toon to watch, so I'll give it another shot, I want in on this hype train.

it starts out ok but trust me it gets MUCH MUCH better. Once Connie becomes a regular side character and Greg turned into more of a dad instead of a hippie it turns around imho

Kangi

Starts off slow, especially the first few episodes. It takes its time to world-build before really hitting home with its character interactions and down-to-earth drama. Not to mention the action and interesting backstory.

mcmmaster

Damn that fight was good, loved that Sonic-like spinball attack
ihPXKdWyHaXNS.gif

Trago

Think of the early eps as stuff going into a slow cooker, it takes time for everything to come together and the results speak for themselves.

ffdgh

Next episode is the first episode of Season 2. The rest of the episodes are finishing out season 1.

Probably the sonic spin attack and hair. Other than that? Eh?

Don't forget, jasper also called amethyst half baked

Will have to watch these eventually (give them maybe a few months for them to drop in my neck of the woods :/).

This show really grew on me as it went on (The gems are great and Connie/Steven are damn adorable.) and is apparently doing alright enough to get more eps from CN so i'm glad for that

Also sounds like a certain
poster wont be happy
LOL.

Kangi

Can't you see that my relationship is stable? /
I can see you hate the way we intermingle, /
but I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

If there was ever any doubt that Garnet is the best gem
(fusion)

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Lyrics to the amazing song.
This is Garnet, back together
And I’m never goin’ down at the hands of the likes of you because I’m so much better
And every part of me is sayin’ go get ‘er
The two of us ain’t gonna follow your rules
Come at me without any of your fancy tools
Let’s go just me an’ you
Let’s go just one on two
Go ahead and try and hit me if you’re able
Can’t you see that my relationship is stable?
I can see you hate the way we intermingle
But I think you’re just mad ‘cause you’re single
We’re never gonna stop what we made together
We are gonna stay like this forever
If you break us apart we’ll just come newer
And we’ll always be twice the gem that you are
I am made o-o-o-o-of l-o-o-o-o-ve-o-o-o-o-o-ve l-o-o-o-o-ve-o-o-o-o-o-ve

This is who we are
This is who I am
And if you think you can stop me, then you need to think again
‘Cause I am a feeling and I will never end
And I won’t let you hurt my planet
And I won’t let you hurt my friends
Go ahead and try and hit me if you’re able
Can’t you see that my relationship is stable
I know you think I’m not somethin’ you’re afraid of
‘Cause you think that you’ve seen what I’m made of
But I am even more than the two of them
Everything they care about is what I am
I am their fury, I am their patience, I am a conversation
I am made o-o-o-o-of l-o-o-o-o-ve-o-o-o-o-o-ve l-o-o-o-o-ve-o-o-o-o-o-ve
And it’s stronger than you
L-o-o-o-o-ve-o-o-o-o-o-ve l-o-o-o-o-ve-o-o-o-o-o-ve

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Saw the two parts. I can officialy say that shit went down.

Amazing.

rexor0717

I have to pause this episode to say...
FUCK YES THIS SHIT IS THE BEST
...that'll be all

Edit: HOLY FUCK...that was an amazing experience. I had a smile on my face like the entire time.
Did anyone else notice

Jasper called pearl "a lost defective pearl"

This gives more weight to my theory that there are a finite number of gemstones. Its like there are a bunch of gem racial groups, and Pearl might be one of them

vypek

So do gems
ever grow larger as they age? Will Amethyst, Ruby and Sapphire become larger and in turn create larger/stronger fusions?

Mesoian

Hey so, remember when I said that Steven Universe might be the best show on Cartoon Network?

Its DEFINITELY the best show on Cartoon Network. Holy shit that two parter!

Garnet with that Bahamadia/Morcheeba flow!

Damn that fight was good, loved that Sonic-like spinball attack
ihPXKdWyHaXNS.gif

It's really funny how many Gems have spindash attacks. Sonic is definitely someones inspiration on that team.

Moonlight

Banned
Holy fucking shit. Everything about that episode was incredible. Garnet especially is just amazing. This show's really come into its' own with everything about the homeworld and the Gem War.

lapis noooooooooooooooooooooooooo ;_________;

Toxi

Banned
Major spoilers for the episode

Looks like someone uploaded the
Ruby & Sapphire fusion scene + song
on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q-RSGsTI-0
SO GOOD

GARNET WAS AMAZING. That entire song-fight sequence was amazing, from Jasper zooming around like a Super Saiyan Sonic the Hedgehog to Garnet effortlessly dodging her attacks.

Sad what happened to Lapis Lazuli; I was hoping she'd finally find a home on Earth, but it seems like she didn't feel like she belonged anywhere. I'm glad Peridot escaped, because it leaves room for more in the future.

I like how Steven's half-human status proved to be the wrench in the homeworld gems' plans; their technology is so perfectly designed to counter gems it's useless against him. I wonder if Rose Quartz knew how important her son's human heritage would be in protecting him.

woopWOOP

Garnet the best

Season's not over yet but I'm already dreading the wait for season 2.
(Really happy a season 3's already been confirmed too!)

That was incredible. The show has really come into it's own at this point and it's quickly becoming one of my favourite tv series since Avatar.

Garnet is SO sweet.

Toxi

Banned
Steven Universe has really grown on me. I was worried this 2-parter would not live up to the expectations I had, but it surpassed them.
So do gems
ever grow larger as they age? Will Amethyst, Ruby and Sapphire become larger and in turn create larger/stronger fusions?
Amethyst is the same size now as she was when she left the hole thousands of years ago, so I don't think so. I'm guessing some gems are just naturally born small or big.

This also explains Jasper's disgust of fusion; as a gem born very large and strong, she doesn't like it when those born small can work together to be stronger than her.

vypek

It's really funny how many Gems have spindash attacks. Sonic is definitely someones inspiration on that team.
Seems so

Steven Universe has really grown on me. I was worried this 2-parter would not live up to the expectations I had, but it surpassed them.

Amethyst is the same size now as she was when she left the hole thousands of years ago, so I don't think so. I'm guessing some gems are just naturally born small or big.

This also explains Jasper's disgust of fusion; as a gem born very large and strong, she doesn't like it when those born small can work together to be stronger than her.
Is there a chance that Amethyst is just so much younger than them that she is still that small?

rexor0717

I'm starting to think that Rose Quartz might have known something about the potential of a human/gem hybrid. Steven may have been a more calculated birth than we currently know.

I'm thinking season 2 might be a gather the allies season, and season 3 is take it to the homeworld kind of deal. Who knows though, there are probably a lot of twists we have no idea about yet.

Psxphile

The Council of Diamonds (White, Yellow and Blue... and maybe Green?) The spattering of yellow diamonds all over indicate this ship belongs to Yellow. Peridot and Jasper also sport yellow diamonds on their uniforms, meaning they are part of Yellow Diamond's unit.

It's really funny how many Gems have spindash attacks.

Just two so far.
Current theory is that Jasper is a Kindergarten Gem like Amethyst. They share similar features, but Amethyst is a "half-baked runt". Question is, did Jasper originate on Earth or elsewhere? By her own words she was definitely present on Earth and fought Rose Quartz during the rebellion.

Jasper seems to have it out for Rose Quartz. Steven might have to fight her directly one day, hope he'll be ready for it. Lapis can't keep her trapped forever...

EDIT: OH GOD

Pearl had a pink diamond insignia on her space suit! PINK DIAMOND. THE LORE BE TOO DEEP FOR ME I WANT OFF SUGAR'S RIDE!!!.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
A small thing but I liked how
Jasper expressed disgust towards fusions, but the moment she was in a bind, turned right to fusion to make herself stronger. The classic bully. Tough and condescending on the outside, hypocritical and weak on the inside.

Toxi

Banned
Just two so far.
Current theory is that Jasper is a Kindergarten Gem like Amethyst. They share similar features, but Amethyst is a "half-baked runt". Question is, did Jasper originate on Earth or elsewhere? By her own words she was definitely present on Earth and fought Rose Quartz during the rebellion.

Jasper seems to have it out for Rose Quartz. Steven might have to fight her directly one day, hope he'll be ready for it. Lapis can't keep her trapped forever...
I was guessing
the spin-dash is an ability of quartz-related gems, in which case Rose Quartz and Steven could probably do it. They do all have rather poofy hair.
A small thing but I liked how
Jasper expressed disgust towards fusions, but the moment she was in a bind, turned right to fusion to make herself stronger. The classic bully. Tough and condescending on the outside, hypocritical and weak on the inside.
It's also great how she only fused because she wanted the extra power, showing the difference between her and Ruby and Sapphire.

Epcott

This show... wow! Just finished the special. It's transcended into one of my favorite shows, live action, animated or otherwise. I've actually enjoyed this Steven bomb more than House of Cards season 3.

I nearly shat tears when
Ruby and Sapphire joined and when Garnet told Steven she already loved him.
I have a feeling the endgame will involve
Homeworld realizing the potential of human and Zentradi... I mean human and gem bonding, doing away with kindergarten, and using humans as slaves towards some crazy master race plot (instead of destroying humans all together).

The Council of Diamonds (White, Yellow and Blue... and maybe Green?) The spattering of yellow diamonds all over indicate this ship belongs to Yellow. Peridot and Jasper also sport yellow diamonds on their uniforms, meaning they are part of Yellow Diamond's unit.

Just two so far.

EDIT: OH GOD

Pearl had a pink diamond insignia on her space suit! PINK DIAMOND. THE LORE BE TOO DEEP FOR ME I WANT OFF SUGAR'S RIDE!!!.

:-0

Clearly I missed the depth during initial watch. So much lore... don't drag me in bro, I'm already tripping too hard.

rexor0717

We need Steven hanging out with Peedee and Ronaldo tagging along.
He didn't want to leave when the evacuation was happening. He really wanted to close up shop to show his dad he could do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom