• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingitiz

Not as hyped as many people around here are. Hopefully I will be after seeing this trailer. If anything I am hoping for some competitive graphics. The Witcher 2 disappointed me graphically in everything but IQ and Texture work.

Also, by 2077 I think we will be surprised where we are technically. Although I will be long dead sans any miraculous life extending tech.

I recommend reading The Singularity is Near by Ray Kurzweil.

If you played it on PC I don't see how it could be disappointing graphically. A year and a half later and I'd say it's still up there as one of the best looking games not just technically, but artistically too.

Grief.exe

Currently playing through the Witcher 2; really enjoying it. Can't wait to see this trailer; I love sci-fi rpgs.

Playing through The Witcher 2 for the third time right now. First time on Steam since I double dipped during the Autumn sale for those delicious achievements.

Enjoying it immensely.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Yeah, played it on PC. After all the hype though I really wasn't impressed. It looks great with uber sampling on, there's great texture work, and artistically it has a lot going for it.

That said, it still feels very stiff, static, animations especially lip synching look pretty bad etc.

It looks great in screenshots, but it can't hold a candle to Crysis 1-2 in motion, and I think there are a fair number of games that graphically outshine it.

It's a great looking game, don't take me the wrong way. Just dissapointing after seen screens and reading hype on here forever about it.

Have high hopes for this next game to resolve that though, seeing the huge leap they made from TW1 to 2.

Maximilian E.

AKA MS-Evangelist
cannot wait for this!!!

I keep forgetting that this is under works and that we will see a new Shadowrun game soon.
Finally we can get a proper cyberpunk-fix soon-ish.. :D

Suairyu

Banned
Couldn't have said it any better.

I just hope its gameplay footage, I really don't understand the appeal of CG trailers.
They can demonstrate story, mood, and style. I don't like them close to release, but early on in the marketing cycle I see no real problem with them.

Sentenza

TW2 has really good geometry and texture work, but the lighting/shadowing and animation isn't anything special.
Models, armors, costumes and general art direction range from good to stunning.
Also, I can't say I had any problem with animations, either. Maybe not THE BEST AROUND, but surely nothing that *detracts* from the game. Sometimes even very good (see: trolls).

Nibel

irFQ3ycVvjz1N.gif

KageMaru

I'm never hyped for games this far out, especially games we know so little about, but I'm fucking pumped to play their next game. Hope they ignore the PS360 and just work on PC and next gen.

krishian

I was ridiculously excited for this at first, but then I remembered 2014 is still so far away :/ (or even 2015 if they release TW3 first)
At least the REDkit is coming out pretty soon.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
TW2 looks splendid but I agree that its lighting isn't the best in bussiness due to it being DX9. Also facial animation could use some work but this thing is veeeery hard to get right and it's very expensive.

Despera

Banned
2015?

Wasn't the game supposed to come out in 2014? Maybe they couldn't efficiently manage resources between this and Witcher 3.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My money is on a CGI trailer, with The Witcher 3 properly revealed a little later due to being further in development.

Perkel

Banned
My money is on a CGI trailer, with The Witcher 3 properly revealed a little later due to being further in development.

CDPRED did only 3 CGI vids in their history. 1 was intro of TW1 second ending of TW1 and third intro of TW2 which was added almost a year after official release. All of their CGI was created by Platine Image studio not by them.

I expect ingame assets and no gameplay, just bits of story.

And that was debut trailer for TW2

Eideka

Banned
Aiii shiiet son, why you be deflating all the fun from us consolers yo?
Breathe deeply.

Bah, in truth, a possibility of it running on next gen hardware would generate even more buzz.
I don't think so, everyone already knows this is a next-gen title. To be honest I would not be surprised if the PC version looks even better than the Orbis/Durango one.

Feindflug

I am sure it will look great on the next PS720.

Yep, especially considering how good the 360 version was which was their first attempt on the system, game was a beast on the PC AND the port took less than a year (11 months IIRC)...in other words I'm pretty sure that CDP will pleasantly surprise us now that they will have decent hardware to work with. :)

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Breathe deeply.

I don't think so, everyone already knows this is a next-gen title. To be honest I would not be surprised if the PC version looks even better than the Orbis/Durango one.

I would not be surprised if you have to have 1500$ PC to run this at Orbis/Durango settings.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Gahhhh I was just going to say I hope it's not CG.
Now I hope you are wrong!
probably not though

If the game is indeed upwards to two years away then the footage they could contort now would be from a game barely in pre-alpha/alpha or something. Chances are non-existent that they'll show any kind of lengthy gameplay. Unless, of course, they've been reusing Red Engine and have spent the past few months creating a pre rendered trailer using ingame assets.

Violater

If the game is indeed upwards to two years away then the footage they could contort now would be from a game barely in pre-alpha/alpha or something. Chances are non-existent that they'll show any kind of lengthy gameplay. Unless, of course, they've been reusing Red Engine and have spent the past few months creating a pre rendered trailer using ingame assets.

I don't get the point of showing a trailer for a game 2 years away.
I don't even understand why they announced it so soon, though it seems they did the same with TW2.
And serious LOL at them saying this will come to PS3 I guess that would mean TW2 would so the same at some point?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
TW2 has really good geometry and texture work, but the lighting/shadowing and animation isn't anything special.
Animation especially is very noticeable worse than other good looking games.

It's still very impressive for a game made on that budget but I was also disappointed when I saw it running on ultra (everything max except that 4x downsampling or what that was) after hearing lots of people say it was next-gen before real next-gen titles like SW1313 and Watch_Dogs were shown.

Still looking forward to this game. I like cyberpunk.

Eideka

Banned
I would not be surprised if you have to have 1500$ PC to run this at Orbis/Durango settings.

By the time it releases I don't think so. Or that would mean that the next-gen consoles are even more powerful than I think, which would be a good thing.

i-Lo

Breathe deeply.

Looks like you missed my point. In any event I don't think they'll reveal anything pertaining to next gen hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom