• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Edition for Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia announced (NA)

On the one hand, demand will be way lower because this is probably intended to be a more niche game and the LE doesn't contain additional game content like Fates did.

On the other hand, Nintendo + lower print run.

Luckily I think I can skip this LE no problem, an artbook + OST selections + pins are nice but definitely not must-haves for me.

Shiggy

I bought the FE Fates LE for the steelbook and the "ultimate" game card. With this just having pins, a soundtrack (I don't even have a CD player anymore), and an art book I'm not too sad if it doesn't make it over to European shores.

MSMrRound

That narration for the trailer is so incredibly grating that I had to turn it off halfway through.

It's as though they were deliberately trying too hard to go for that gnarly voice

So nothing for Europe then?

For years we got the better LE/CE treatment here, but now it seems to be the other way around for a while ago. It's baffling how Nintendo is still doing this sort of crap.

Is it just me and got NoA a significant boost in importance or does NoE lack more and more?

Wish they announced this earlier. Preordered the regular edition with the visa checkout promo. I'll still get it but I only got it because I assumed we weren't getting an LE.

Ridley327

Wish they announced this earlier. Preordered the regular edition with the visa checkout promo. I'll still get it but I only got it because I assumed we weren't getting an LE.

Nintendo makes it a habit of sorts to announce any LEs closer to release for games releasing outside of Japan, with BotW being the only real exception with its two LEs being announced for all territories simultaneously.

Neoxon

Apparently the game is gonna work with all of the Smash FE Amiibos, including Corrin.
As Alm and Celica get stronger, their stats can be saved to their respective amiibo, allowing their summoned unit to grow in strength alongside them. In addition, all Fire Emblem amiibo from the Super Smash Bros. series can be used to summon an illusory hero of that character, allowing players to seek assistance from spectral visages of Marth, Ike, Roy, Robin, Lucina and the upcoming Corrin amiibo. All other currently available amiibo are also compatible, and will summon an additional monster to the battleground to assist players in battle, providing some much-needed help in case of a strategic emergency."

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Guys are you REALLY sure that you want to pre-order this from Amazon? If you do, prepare for possible headaches and cancellations :/

hayejin

only for them to cancel on you last minute, lol

Exactly. I preordered as soon as it was available on Amazon. Then I got alert few months later the preorder link was available again. I didn't bother b/c I had already ordered previously but I check my email and find out my pre order was cancelled and of course the new link was sold out.

PSFan

Guys are you REALLY sure that you want to pre-order this from Amazon? If you do, prepare for possible headaches and cancellations :/

I've never had any issue pre-ordering stuff from Amazon. I ordered the Fates SE from them and it arrived on launch day no problem. Same with my Switch and Zelda.

Anything else that won't oversell Nintendo Limiteds, just to cancel them later at the last minute. See: Fire Emblem Fates LE, Zelda Master Edition LE, and to an extent, Persona 5 LE.
I'll take my chances. Besides, 20 percent off. I'll keep an extra preorder somewhere else just in case though.

I feel bad for saying this but I was able to keep every single preorder you mentioned.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'll take my chances. Besides, 20 percent off. I'll keep an extra preorder somewhere else just in case though.

I feel bad for saying this but I was able to keep every single preorder you mentioned.

It would definitely be a good idea to get a spare somewhere else, especially for an FE title.

20% off used to be tempting for me, until those cancellations started happening. Oh, and using bubble mailers that crush the sets. This one looks like it'll be bigger, but I heard peoples' Bravely Second LEs, that were a decent size, also get shoved into bubble mailers.

It would definitely be a good idea to get a spare somewhere else, especially for an FE title.

20% off used to be tempting for me, until those cancellations started happening. Oh, and using bubble mailers that crush the sets. This one looks like it'll be bigger, but I heard peoples' Bravely Second LEs, that were a decent size, also get shoved into bubble mailers.
Oh I had a VERY long talk with Amazon when my Fates LE box came damaged. I think Amazon knows that I hate it now so I'm seeing more boxes nowadays haha!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I had a VERY long talk with Amazon when my Fates LE box came damaged. I think Amazon knows that I hate it now so I'm seeing more boxes nowadays haha!

Lucky you. I started going in-store to Gamestop, as I have never had an issue with how they send their shipments to store. Sure, I don't get the savings (well, I do get points towards coupons...) but it's saved plenty of headaches. Amazon just wouldn't listen when I asked to use boxes, so I gave up :/

For $60 I'll probably bite.

I'm bull rushing through all the FE 3DS games before this (and Persona 5) comes out. Done with Awakening and Birthright, on the last level of Conquest and have Revelations left to do.

Lucky you. I started going in-store to Gamestop, as I have never had an issue with how they send their shipments to store. Sure, I don't get the savings (well, I do get points towards coupons...) but it's saved plenty of headaches. Amazon just wouldn't listen when I asked to use boxes, so I gave up :/
GameStop and Amazon are my go-to for video games. My local GameStop has been very good to me with everything! I use both but when it comes to the more expensive things I normally use Amazon for the Prime Discount.

Sakujou

Banned
there are still so many 3ds games to be released over here. i hope nintendo listens to the fans and will release all of these wonderful games.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Confirmed to have no dual audio, only English and every single line in the game will be voice acted to let you know.
Welp...

Time to jump on the homebrew bandwagon.

Top Bottom