• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wille517

Neo Member
I think Sessler, Gies and the other dude are just salty about not getting those invitations, that's all to it. They planned to overblow this situation as some kind of conspiracy theory about staging the reviews environment, and shaping jornos reviews to match certain corp desires.....some silly stuff

Also don't you find it a big coincident that those journos happen to be some XBOX die hards? Cmon people it's very obvious..they will all look silly around 12 Nov.

The big news here is X1 failure to output 1080p games, something will effect some clueless gamers.
I think that this a huge part of the situation but I also think that there has to be some even larger underlying issue

I don't comment on 3rd party games stuff. Not my area.
Setting aside that you sort of have been commenting on them... Are you free to comment on first party games and their resolutions?

Is the XB1's design, in particular the ESRAM size, a limitation to achieving 1080p for games that use deferred rendering/lighting as has been suggested? Is that why most of your internally published titles thus far are rendering at lower resolutions?

IN&OUT

Banned
Nothing wrong with being passionate about the release of these consoles, who isn't hyped?!
But you don't have to make everything into a competition between the two consoles.

well, it will look silly mid gen, I know...it's just I like stirring the pot every now and then.

beast786

I was talking about the Sessler/Dent/Gies thing which is what I thought was causing all the ruckus, as people appeared to be connecting that back to the resolution rumors.

As people have noted, and I was catching up on as I got online late tonight, they are two separate issues. There was also some other BS thing about advertising or console problems (?). Is anyone taking that stuff seriously or did that all die? Consoles are fine, and the advertising thing is completely made up.

So anyway, one of them has nothing to do with us. Whew.

As for the resolution stuff I hadn't realized there was a new set of rumors popping up today. On that topic, and as I've said in my previous posts, I don't comment on 3rd party games stuff. Not my area.

So nothing new from me, I'm not going to get into the fray on the resolution stuff. G'night!

For once I was just glad the other thing wasn't about us.

WTF ALBERT?

You are the one who asked and tweeted world wide about resolutions of games between xb1/ps4?

Now when we do have on cod and bf. now all of a sudden you "not going to get fray on the resolution stuff"... What a joke.

You also comment how your team will never give sony that 30% hardware advantage and how can anyone believe you will let that happen. I guess you were right 720p to 1080/900p is actually even bigger than 50%.

you were 100% right about one thing. Games are telling the true story.

StoopKid

I think Sessler, Gies and the other dude are just salty about not getting those invitations, that's all to it. They planned to overblow this situation as some kind of conspiracy theory about staging the reviews environment, and shaping jornos reviews to match certain corp desires.....some silly stuff

Also don't you find it a big coincident that those journos happen to be some XBOX die hards? Cmon people it's very obvious..they will all look silly around 12 Nov.

The big news here is X1 failure to output 1080p games, something will effect some clueless gamers.

isn't it funny how no games journalist hasn't said a word about this.

MarcusBeer

Neo Member
Hi all, took me a while to remember my password or I would have jumped in sooner.

Its not just about the games, its reviewing the actual system 2 days before the damn thing ships.
Something feels off right now to be honest & a lot of people are pissed about it.
If you have seen anything I have done over the last 8 months, you will know I have been very happy with the way Sony has been doing things but now its time for them to shit or get off the pot and they are being damn evasive about allowing serious access to the system before launch.
I have mine preordered (ditto XboxOne) & if that is the only way I will get to have said access to the PS4 then so be it.
When people delay access to something, game or hardware, it's never for a good reason in my experience.

Nothing wrong with being passionate about the release of these consoles, who isn't hyped?!
But you don't have to make everything into a competition between the two consoles.

There are millions of dollars and hundreds of jobs on the line. Of course there will be blood on the forums.

Not as simple as saying 'place nice' knowing full well we all cant afford everything. Only natural to pick a side.

Man, the r/xboxone is so hard to bear. These fucking children are actually taking personal offence over this rumour god damn lol.

My advice to you, ignore that place.

Even at their very best, they seem very downer and tense. They lap up every single positive news, attempt to throw potshots at competitor while they're at it ( even when it has nothing to do with Sony ), and are quick to dismiss and jump over anyone who is even have a negative view on stuff.

At their worst... well, you've seen it. And non-stop attacks against CBOAT and stuff.

kudoboi

I literally cannot play at 720p on PC (I'm sitting closer than to a T.V obviously), I would rather turn down settings.
Same here. I cannot play a pc game below 1080P without getting a headache after 15 minutes. I'm just so used to 1080P already and that's why im afraid of getting a next gen console

Wille517

Neo Member
Hi all, took me a while to remember my password or I would have jumped in sooner.

Its not just about the games, its reviewing the actual system 2 days before the damn thing ships.
Something feels off right now to be honest & a lot of people are pissed about it.
If you have seen anything I have done over the last 8 months, you will know I have been very happy with the way Sony has been doing things but now its time for them to shit or get off the pot and they are being damn evasive about allowing serious access to the system before launch.
I have mine preordered (ditto XboxOne) & if that is the only way I will get to have said access to the PS4 then so be it.
When people delay access to something, game or hardware, it's never for a good reason in my experience.
Jesus the hits just keep coming.

stop acting like an entitled child. they don't have to give you a free console holy shit

Quite a lot of

i0uBoz3jK4FLs.gif

lately

My friend told me "Hey you should sign up for this site that I go to that has lots of great info its called NEOGAF, but be cautious because it will consume you"

That being said I was supposed to be asleep two hours ago. I'm here laying in bed next to my wife refreshing the page every two minutes on my phone while watching breaking bad on my tablet.

I LOVE THIS PLACE!

This shit is the CW for pimple-age virgins. I LOVE IT! So much drama it makes mexican telenovelas look like crap.

IN&OUT

Banned
isn't it funny how no games journalist hasn't said a word about this.

it was the big storm on GAF when I left around 6 pm, but I came back to this meaningless Sessler stuff, was disappointed actually...I mean the elephant is in the room guys, and you are discussing Sessler invitation. Disappointed at you GAF :(

I heard PS4 supports this thing called... Twitch & Ustream.

What, those services archives footage? And you can download them, do whatever you want with it, and also... gasp! Upload them to Youtube? What sorcery is this?

Thing is, though, we never got confirmation that you can set recordings to go longer than 15 minutes. I would hope you could. I assumed it would work like a typical DVR, where a temporary recording would start when you switch to a channel (this allows you to pause and rewind live TV). That temporary recording would disappear after 15-30 minutes. However, if you pressed record, the recording would store to the hard drive and could go as long as you wanted (or until the HD filled). I hope this is the case for PS4, where the 15 minutes are meant for quick uploads when something incredible happens, but you can set a constant recording if you so wish.

Wow, I guess some NDAs must have cleared in the last hour.

I really like how the keep referring to Neogafers as "man children" but fail to see themselves acting like idiotic babies.
No shit dude, like what the fuck is in their heads? They seem completely unable to cope with this rumour and flame anyone who rethinks his X1 purchase. Holy crap, I've been distant from console war flaming juveniles for so long that this shit absolutely blows my mind. I mean, there's a bunch of children desperately ricocheting any criticizm towards MS as if they were affiliated with Microsoft or straight up hired by their PR.

Why would anybody do this without getting paid?

diggler41

Hey Marcus enjoy your show!

Alot of people mean like a handful of "journalists"? Because it doesn't really effect anybody outside of the media too much right?

Back on topic... CBOAT mentioned earlier today about waiting for launch day for the real ass storm. Anyone got any guesses?

Probably something to due with one or all of Microsoft's 3 OS's having major issues on the boner. That may have been the system Sessler was complaining about having all the error messages. There will be bugs on 11/22 and there will be blood!

TriGen

As I said in a previous post, thumbs up to you. Your tweets at least made it easy to guess what this was about. I understand why this is a negative, but I'm just glad this isn't a situation where people can't get ad revenue for content posted with PS4 footage or something more serious and damaging like that.

Fracas

#fuckonami

That sucks. :/

FuturusX

Seeing at this thread has become a place for random twitter rants. Here's my contribution...My left nostril is blocked to high heaven I can't breath. Is that news? You decide.

MarcusBeer

Neo Member
If you think this is about 'getting a free console' then you really need to get a clue.
Did I not say that I have already preordered both systems?
I did so during E3.

Ran Ran

I could be completely wrong but don't places like IGN already have working PS4's? If they had something to hide don't you think they would make sure no one had one at all?

Edit: Nevermind after thinking about it if they do have them they are probably dev kits

The twitter stuff was described as 'inside baseball' so I didn't think much of it. Dunno what the 'truth to power' stuff relates to though.

So we know about less than PS4 resolution games, COD and Battlefield, and we have rumors of OS problems that will manifest at launch - is that about the sum of the current state of ResolutionGate and RisksEverywhereGate?

I might have missed something. I was getting my Diablo on.

Makes sense to put up a stink, regardless of whether its a setup thats been used before.

If that is all it is (and not saying it isn't an issue for reviewers, but that is the game you play to get reviews right?) why all the tease and drama on twitter?

Why not just come out with it or email people?

rjinaz

Thanks for clearing that up. It does make me wonder why Sony is taking this approach. Any guesses as to why that might be? Are they having problems with the console or is it that they want to somewhat control how people are reviewing the PS4?

TriGen

If you think this is about 'getting a free console' then you really need to get a clue.
Did I not say that I have already preordered both systems?
I did so during E3.
You know, as a fan, I've been agitated by how little has been shown of both consoles before release. I was expecting more video coverage. At least this explains that.

Samyy

No shit dude, like what the fuck is in their heads? They seem completely unable to cope with this rumour and flame anyone who rethinks his X1 purchase. Holy crap, I've been distant from console war flaming juveniles for so long that this shit absolutely blows my mind. I mean, there's a bunch of children desperately ricocheting any criticizm towards MS as if they were affiliated with Microsoft or straight up hired by their PR.

Why would anybody do this without getting paid?

I think they are desperately seeking justification for their purchases, I don't know. They are so personally invested into the brand and its existence. It was funny seeing them one by one trying rip apart every journo or source that confirmed the 720p COD and BF.

It also means Sony/Xbox marketing and product positioning strategies are working. To be able to create a fanbase like that is probably what both companies really want.

Hyunashi

Thanks for clearing that up. It does make me wonder why Sony is taking this approach. Any guesses as to why that might be? Are they having problems with the console or is it that they want to somewhat control how people are reviewing the PS4?

Seriously, if there were problems with the console their would be more rumors aboout it. Its just Sony controlling reviewers and said reviewers QQing about it (legitimately or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom