• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
anyone know what's going on with tonight's show? i'm about to go to the taping with a few friends of mine.

No, it's really not. I'm sorry for generalizing (most white people are not whiny, etc.) but I do maintain that no white person should complain about historically persecuted people getting too much of a leg-up or having ethnocentric studies, groups, institutions, etc. It's either lazy and/or intellectually dishonest at best and evil and bigoted at worst.

Cystm

You sound like an angry white person. Stop being so privileged and unhappy about it.

I think generalizing people and stereotyping is weak and shallow. Regardless of what race you are, or are referring to.

No, it's really not. I'm sorry for generalizing (most white people are not whiny, etc.) but I do maintain that no white person should complain about historically persecuted people getting too much of a leg-up or having ethnocentric studies, groups, institutions, etc. It's either lazy and/or intellectually dishonest at best and evil and bigoted at worst.

Much like your point of view.

WillyFive

I like how both Stewart and Colbert focused on stuff that don't get a lot of coverage in the news (like campaign e-mails and the Manatee mailbox bomber).

MrPliskin

Banned
No, it was not in a good way. That shit was infuriating and depressing.

I don't understand why white people are such crybabies and whiners. Is having every advantage ever not good enough?

Whining about whining. A+

(I also love your masterful keystrokes sweeping all "white people" into one privileged rich reality. Wake the fuck up!)

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I don't like Jessica Williams on the show. She still doesn't seem comfortable to me. Honestly, people give Olivia Munn a hard time, but I think she's way better than Williams.

I feel like Amy Sedaris would be an amazing female corespondent, I know they want some younger women but she's so funny and her and Stephen are friends. I just really want to see more of her in general.

WillyFive

Yeah, she doesn't mesh well with the show due to her delivery. The hispanic guy also has trouble fitting in, mostly because his material is really poor.

Fusebox

Banned
I don't like Jessica Williams on the show. She still doesn't seem comfortable to me. Honestly, people give Olivia Munn a hard time, but I think she's way better than Williams.

Jessicas delivery is terrible but she's easy on the eyes. Most of the times I tune out what she's saying and just perv.

B.K.

How many times is Ricky Gervais going to be on The Daily Show this year? This is about the third time this year that he's been on. I'm tired of seeing him. He's not funny. Is he their go to guy when they can't get any better guests?

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Okay, I rewatched one of Olivia Munn's live segments. I take back what I say about her being much better than Jessica Williams. Still don't find Jessica Williams funny.

How many times is Ricky Gervais going to be on The Daily Show this year? This is about the third time this year that he's been on. I'm tired of seeing him. He's not funny. Is he their go to guy when they can't get any better guests?

He has been on Letterman 22 times and that isn't close to enough for me.

Mistle

seems to be the go-to guy when they want big laughs during the guest segment

Gervais is on a lot because he's got mounds of Pilkington stuff to pimp. Otherwise, The Office and Extras gives him a life-time pass; a pity that his best role these days is as a producer.

I will marry Esperanza Spalding if it's the last thing I do. She is the definition of the word "muse".

I know, right?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Pft, don't flip flop Colbert, we have photographic evidence.

NrKOs.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Man, why is Stewart one of the most rational and interesting political interviewers to listen to? Why isn't this level of dialogue more common :(

Top Bottom