• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Kiseki / Trails (of the Sky/Zero/Ao/Sen/Etc) Community Thread: SPOILERTAGS OR DIE

Eusis

Even though it is a spinoff note mentioning that Nayuta no Kiseki PSP the Best version is on sale today. I didn't play Nayuta and I have no idea why this version is named that way but the March calendar looks nice!
It's just the Japan Greatest Hits line. May as well start asking why Greatest Hits games are named that way, or Xbox Platinum Hits, or Nintendo's... nevermind.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Even though it is a spinoff note mentioning that Nayuta no Kiseki PSP the Best version is on sale today. I didn't play Nayuta and I have no idea why this version is named that way but the March calendar looks nice!
The game was really good, but it felt more like a casual Ys than lighter Kiseki game to me.

Levyne

Banned
Hmm. Nice thread. I can only read English so I only have FC until my belt but I'll sub anyways.

It's been awhile. Steam release will be a good refresher. Hopefully we see SC before the end of the year and the third chapter before the heat death of the universe.

XSEED WHERE IS FC OMG I want to replay

Sooooon. Ish.

Anyway, I guess this is a thread I ought to check in on every now and then, huh?
emot-v.gif
Glad you guys are looking forward to SC - it always helps to get that extra bit of motivation in.

(And now back to the salt mines, god help me)

cals1403.jpg

I'd love a higher res version of Nayuta. Really enjoyed the fuck outta that game.

Man, forget higher rez, I'd like a version of Nayuta that isn't dithered to hell and back. Lack of true 32-bit transparency is the greatest flaw of The Pesp, in my opinion.

(That this version would be exportable would be secondary.
emot-v.gif
)

Also, man, so much for making Nayuta x Creha "subtle", I suppose. Poor Laila, never gettin' her man. ;.;

“Special Support Section Factory”

Some of those translated lines make good quotes.

Man, in the context of something else, "SSS Factory" would be... a really weird concept. That's all Imma say for now.

As far as I'm concerned, though, nothing beats Clam Dip Flow. I wish there was a way to work that into the actual script, but alas.

And, yeah, it's odd; Udon never approached us about terminology checking, and I'm not sure they did so with XSEED either (though I could be wrong on that). It's especially odd since there have been a few terminology changes, so the SC section of the book is wrong already, and I sort of expected Udon to reach out to us to check on that.

FC for Steam most likely will be pushed to Spring 2014, according to Wyrdwad, but resolving the technical issues with FC now will potentially make SC come out faster.

Source

Eusis

Man, forget higher rez, I'd like a version of Nayuta that isn't dithered to hell and back. Lack of true 32-bit transparency is the greatest flaw of The Pesp, in my opinion.
Yeah, it was kind of crazy how often that showed up and how thickly it covered games like Nayuta. Also made it somewhat surreal to see that exact same dithering show up in Witcher 2, one of the highest end games as of late.

creid

FC for Steam most likely will be pushed to Spring 2014, according to Wyrdwad, but resolving the technical issues with FC now will potentially make SC come out faster.

Source
Yeesh, if they really haven't even determined whether the difficulty levels can be added in or not, they are really far off.

And, yeah, it's odd; Udon never approached us about terminology checking, and I'm not sure they did so with XSEED either (though I could be wrong on that). It's especially odd since there have been a few terminology changes, so the SC section of the book is wrong already, and I sort of expected Udon to reach out to us to check on that.

That's pretty odd. You'd think they'd want to check the stuff that was available to them for a series this big. I imagine it would have only made their job easier.

Vamphuntr

Yeesh, if they really haven't even determined whether the difficulty levels can be added in or not, they are really far off.

Yeah, it seems they are trying to add the PSP extras in the PC version by themselves and they ran into some problems.

Who is coding the PSP localization of SC? If it's Falcom there shouldn't be any problem.

Eusis

Well, it IS time consuming for them, but I guess it's just the same as what the Tales games typically face.

It's weird that no one said anything about it but new info of Sen II.
Toval and Claire are playable characters in Sen II. My hype is increasing.

YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I was crossing my fingers for that. Oh god, the hype train begins again. Also holy shit Tomokazu Sugita is voicing Toval YEEEEEESSSSS.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
In light of the new sen 2 info, I figured I'd pop in to say

WHERE THE HELL IS ZERO HD, FALCOM

kiriin

The live talk show is coming up in about 10 days. The timing is actually pretty good. 11 pm est. Guessing they'll talk more about Sen II and Ao Evo; maybe the older LoH titles as well.

Paracelsus

Someone should start harassing them

Daily reminder two major entries in the series released since you started working on the translation

And update as time goes on.

Aeana

I still haven't been able to find my Zero Evo cart, and it's really bumming me out. I found the case but there's no game in it. Crying. (._. )

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I'm have literally a few minutes of ch6 of SnK 3rd left and I just want it to end asap, so that I can jump to Zero Evo.
I like 3rd's structure at first but at some point I've got really tired of it. Am I a bad person? (。-_-。)

Aeana

I'm have literally a few minutes of ch6 of SnK 3rd left and I just want it to end asap, so that I can jump to Zero Evo.
I like 3rd's structure at first but at some point I've got really tired of it. Am I a bad person? (。-_-。)
Yes. 3rd is the best.

Shouta

Nope. Welcome! Join the club.

You are a bad person and I am making hissing noises at you.

Eusis

Only a few more days before Sora FC on Steam officially enters 'delayed' stage.

=(
They already gave up saying it was out in Winter, and even if they said nothing it was already delayed from late 2013. :/

Though I think it was "Winter 2013" which basically means December and thus a crazy narrow window anyway.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Cleared Sora no Kiseki 3rd yesterday. The last part of the last chapter was one hell of a ride, but the last boss wasn't as hard as I was told it would be.
Sadly, my Vita decided to throw an error in my face during the ending cutscene/credits, so I had a choice of fighting the boss again or watching the rest on youtube. Went with the latter.

Since I've bought Zero Evo digitally when it was on sale some time ago I jumped right into it and a few hours and one prologue later I must say that I'm loving it.
The pacing feels much better than in the Sora games, having new battle bonuses and knowing exactly how much delay does each attack have is great.
Two things I don't like so far are the font and the quality of full screen character portraits - both look kind of rough. They should've used a smoothing filter.

UberTag

Only a few more days before Sora FC on Steam officially enters 'delayed' stage.

=(
It's especially worrisome given that FC is just a port of an already translated game.
Should I be tempering my expectations for SC's release and expect it to happen sometime after Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian hit stores?

Bebpo

Banned
Got Zero Evo during the play-asia 20% off sale last week. Tried it a bit and I definitely enjoy the voice acting addition. Can't wait to play 3rd & Nayuta so I can move into full voice Kiseki games from that point on!

Aeana

Got Zero Evo during the play-asia 20% off sale last week. Tried it a bit and I definitely enjoy the voice acting addition. Can't wait to play 3rd & Nayuta so I can move into full voice Kiseki games from that point on!

They're not full voice, sadly. :(

flowsnake

It's especially worrisome given that FC is just a port of an already translated game.
Should I be tempering my expectations for SC's release and expect it to happen sometime after Final Fantasy XV and The Last Guardian hit stores?

It sounds like it's mostly delayed by technical things shared by the two games, so I wouldn't imagine it would affect SC unless they wanted to space out the releases.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Got Zero Evo during the play-asia 20% off sale last week.

Ah man, that happened? I've had Zero evo in my cart for months and I've been procrastinating because I'm sure that they'll announce a ps3 port or something a week after I buy it. :p

I'd really like to play it on my big screen like I did with snk hd though. I was thinking of just getting the PC version because I do kind of prefer the old ost, but I haven't heard anything about Ao's Chinese PC version getting a Japanese translation anytime soon either...

Maybe I'll just bite the bullet already and get a vita tv while I'm at it. Sen is still sitting on my shelf mostly unplayed and it's driving me crazy.

Fixing the problems FC has will also help speed SC out the door. The problem is that FC's code is over a decade old, and that runs into more compatibility problems than you might think, especially once things like Steam features get implemented.

Shouta

I think you'll really like Zero and Ao. It's a much tighter narrative compared to FC and SC in addition to a really good setting, IMO. It really felt fresh coming off 3rd to get all new characters and aesthetics.

On that note, for Ao Evo and Sen 2, I'll probably do OTs for both if no one wants to. Also nice to get it some spotlight time on the the main forum even if the player-base is relatively small.

Aeana

I think you'll really like Zero and Ao. It's a much tighter narrative compared to FC and SC in addition to a really good setting, IMO. It really felt fresh coming off 3rd to get all new characters and aesthetics.

On that note, for Ao Evo and Sen 2, I'll probably do OTs for both if no one wants to. Also nice to get it some spotlight time on the the main forum even if the player-base is relatively small.
You'll have to fight a couple of people for that, probably.
Although you could coordinate.

Shouta

If you want to work on text, I can work on graphics when release comes near. I need da practiccccce. Trying to improve on them since doing the SRW 2nd OGs OT two years ago.

Everytime I see this thread the question pops into my head. Where is Steam FC? I know you guys are working hard but please just give us a date.

-NeoTB1-

I bought FC sometime last year, but I've yet to really dive in. I've heard very good things about it from sources I usually trust, so I'm hoping to dedicate time to this during the dry gaming months this summer. Subscribed.

kiriin

Everytime I see this thread the question pops into my head. Where is Steam FC? I know you guys are working hard but please just give us a date.

There's been some struggle with the script for the steam version. Just be patient, it already coming close to 10th anniversary since the Japanese release. Nothing wrong with waiting a couple months in the dark.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Budget release of Sen is coming in June and Sen 2 on September 25th.

(ヽ´ω`) I guess a budget version of Zero Evo with on cart patches isn't going to happen at this point.

Top Bottom