• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New EGM Scores - March 07

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Got this PM from 006_Trevelyan:
I can't post yet, but I got my new EGM and was wondering if maybe you wanted to post the scores as I don't see them up:

Wario Ware: SMoothe Moves: 8.0, 8.5, 7.5
Wii Play: 6.0, 4.5, 5.0
Super Swing Golf: 5.5, 6.0, 5.5
Full Auto 2: 6.5, 6.0, 6.5
NCAA march madness 07: 6.5, 6.5, 6.0
Lost Planet: 6.5, 8.0, 7.5
Rogue Galaxy: 7.5, 7.0, 8.0
Karaoke Revolution AMerican Idol: 7.0, 6.5, 6.5
Phoenix Wright 2: 6.0, 8.0, 7.0
Hotel Dusk: 8.0, 8.0, 10
Metal Gear Port Ops: 9.5, 9.0, 9.0

Star Wars: Lethal ALliance: 4.5, 5.0, 5.0

There you go :D. If you want to post them go ahead

Edit: He just typed up the rumors for me, as well:

*Microsoft paid capcom alot for Dead Rising 2 exclusive.
*Neversoft will develop the next Guitar Hreo
*Sly 4 won't be sucker punches new PS3 game
*Square Enix whipping up new PSP titles because of it's "success"
*PS3 exclusives pushed back or going to 360 for more money
*Capcom bringing games to PlayStation Network, including remake of Street Fighter 2
*Unreal Tournament 2007 heading to 360 Also

GDJustin

Kevar said:
March? What happened to February? We're not at February yet, guys.

edit: Woo Hotel Dusk!

Whoops - I just assumed they were march, I guess. Can a mod edit?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I've got something to play in January now. Hotel Dusk woot!

Do we know who gave LP the scores? Was it Luke? :lol

Interesting to see if the 6.5 is from someone else.

GDJustin

Probationsmack said:
WTF at hotel dusk. I usually dont trust egm for shit, but thats a good score for something so low profile.

I've been hearing a lot of positive buzz about this one from reviewer buds, actually.

(our review copy hasn't come in) :(

ethelred

GDJustin said:

Is that being facetious?

Either way, I hope the rumor's true. I'd really like to see a few more Square Enix games for the PSP.

Tieno

MMaRsu said:
Unreal Tournament 2007 heading to 360 Also

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS REJOICE BITCHES
CliffyB himself already strongly hinted at that during the summer

J-Rzez

Hmmm... that Lost Planet score is a little shakey... I mean, I didn't expect it to be epic, but 6's are kinda not what I expected...

and what the hell is Hotel Dusk? It must be low-profile, cause somehow I missed that one... any pics?

*Microsoft paid capcom alot for Dead Rising 2 exclusive. - Wouldn't surprise me
*Neversoft will develop the next Guitar Hreo - Hmmm... :( ?
*Sly 4 won't be sucker punches new PS3 game - Thought this was known?
*Square Enix whipping up new PSP titles because of it's "success" - Well it's about time!
*PS3 exclusives pushed back or going to 360 for more money - Known...
*Capcom bringing games to PlayStation Network, including remake of Street Fighter 2 - that's ok
*Unreal Tournament 2007 heading to 360 Also - WOW, NEWS FLASH?! If nobody saw this coming, time to get a seeing-eye dog and file for a tax cut...

theBishop

Banned
BTW, that MGS score is proof EGM are worthless for reviews.

Why, you ask? Because they gave Daxter an average of 7.3 and Syphon Filter Dark Mirror a 6.6.

I'm a few hours into MGS, and i feel comfortable saying Daxter and SF are right on par. Giving MGS a 9.2 average is total bullshit if Syphon Filter only gets 6.6.

Kojima-colored glasses, or automatic PSP dismissal (in the case of the other reviews)? you decide.

Jammy

Banned
Kevar said:
That's weird. Didn't FFIII sell, like, a million copies in Japan on the DS? How well are their PSP games doing?

I don't think any of them have sold more than 200,000.

Kevar said:
That's weird. Didn't FFIII sell, like, a million copies in Japan on the DS? How well are their PSP games doing?

There arent alot of square games on the psp .period. to gauge performance.

Ceb

theBishop said:
I'm a few hours into MGS, and i feel comfortable saying Daxter and SF are right on par. Giving MGS a 9.2 average is total bullshit if Syphon Filter only gets 6.6.

Kojima-colored glasses, or automatic PSP dismissal (in the case of the other reviews)? you decide.

A little bit of both.

MoxManiac

Kevar said:

Well, it doesn't mean they have to scale back DS development for some PSP games.

JdFoX187

Banned
Lost Planet is going to be one of those love-it-or-hate-it games. I can see it getting AAA reviews from some mags/websites and horrid reviews from others. The best feeling you can get of the game's quality is to play the demos, which I absolutely loved.

Also, good to see the "rumor" about UT2007 to the 360, good stuff.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
MMaRsu said:
Unreal Tournament 2007 heading to 360 Also

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS REJOICE BITCHES

Wow. I can think of at least 2.7million reasons why this is a no-brainer. :D

Smokey

I said 'what'.

Lost Planet scores make me said, but the rumor section makes me giddy even though I have both a 360 and PS3. Unreal Tournament 07 is still a buy on my PS3 because if I read correctly you can use keyboard and mouse, and this is unknown on the 360.

theBishop said:

Why, you ask? Because they gave Daxter an average of 7.3 and Syphon Filter Dark Mirror a 6.6.

First of all- subjectivity
Second- I agree to a certain extent. EGM has a knack for always giving inflated scores to sequels in revered/popular franchises (zelda, final fantasy, gta, metal gear) despite thier quality.

kenta

Has no PEINS
GDJustin said:
*Neversoft will develop the next Guitar Hreo
Joke rumors?
GDJustin said:
*Capcom bringing games to PlayStation Network, including remake of Street Fighter 2
PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

theBishop said:

You bring up a good point. EGM didn't justify their reviews of Daxter and Syphon Filter to any extent, the reviews for them were complete garbage. I don't know if they have a biased or something, but both games come very close to MGS:pO.

Top Bottom