• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PS3 with PAL Singstar (PS3) Can I do a disc swap with PAL PS2 Singstar games?

I'm sure anyone here who has Singstar would know that an update now allows the game to read songs from PS2 discs, does anyone know if this update would let this work or not?

I have a US PS3 (60GB) and a PAL copy of Singstar Vol 2, could I use the disc swap to play the songs from PAL region PS2 Singstar discs that normally would not play on the console?

Thanks!

peetfeet

from what i remember..... as long as the PS2 Singstar is the same region as the PS3 Singstar it will work.

MadFuzzy

No you can't.

I've got a Japanese PS3, PAL Singstar PS3 titles and PAL PS2 titles and it doesn't work. When you do the disc swap it claims that the PS2 disc that's been inserted "is not a Singstar disc", so obviously there's still territorial detection going on for PS2 titles.

peetfeet

MadFuzzy said:
No you can't.

I've got a Japanese PS3, PAL Singstar PS3 titles and PAL PS2 titles and it doesn't work. When you do the disc swap it claims that the PS2 disc that's been inserted "is not a Singstar disc", so obviously there's still territorial detection going on for PS2 titles.

oh ok, I stand corrected.

OP, go into the Singstar thread and do a search, i'm sure theres a chart of what will work with what in there somewhere.

MadFuzzy said:
No you can't.

Damn, that's a real shame, thanks for letting me know :(

nny

MadFuzzy said:
No you can't.

Yep, and the same happens with a US SingStar disc on a PAL PS3.

Top Bottom