• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Sword [Wii] Boxart

king zell

get-5-2007-2u9j6o7v.jpeg

Release date July 12th in Japan :)

Eteric Rice

Incomming first killer app (aside from Wii Sports and Paper Mario, I mean).

I WANT.

And that girl is hot... In an anime kinda way.

Eteric Rice

Pureauthor said:
Any chance you could post the other 3?

Probably not. It looks like art from a third party (not in a bad way, it's great, it just doesn't look official).

Which probably means it's hentai.

Which means he couldn't post it.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Red Scarlet said:
Yeah. I don't know. It's one of the 4 pictures I've seen so I grabbed it.

I don't think a US date has been said yet?

No but its been announced for NA and its been hinted at for this year.

Eteric Rice said:
Probably not. It looks like art from a third party (not in a bad way, it's great, it just doesn't look official).

Which probably means it's hentai.

Which means he couldn't post it.

Yes, he most certainly couldn't.

Pureauthor said:
Any chance you could post the other 3?

Really I've only seen the two official arts, like this:

6070964.jpg

The one in my av (which is her butt sticking out in the rest of it):

(NSFW? lol)
http://www.mirai.ne.jp/~gotop/words/hn07.jpg

Then two in-game shots. Haven't really found anything else.
11.jpg

14.jpg

I'm not really good at searching for pictures for the most part. I'll look for an hour+ and maybe find one that I like.

So if you do find some that may be cool, I'm all ears(?).

Have any previews or interviews said how text-heavy this game is? If it is rather straightforward to get through, it shouldn't be too hard to play through the import.

I still wonder just how well this game will see in Japan. The question is whether they will willingly buy a game that is so heavily based on action, and is on rails.

grandjedi6

Alkaliine said:
I still wonder just how well this game will see in Japan. The question is whether they will willingly buy a game that is so heavily based on action, and is on rails.

Its on the Wii
Its made by the main Dragon Quest team
Its Dragon Quest!

its gonna sell, .. alot

grandjedi6 said:
Its on the Wii
Its made by the main Dragon Quest team
Its Dragon Quest!

its gonna sell, .. alot

Being on the wii certainly does not guarantee third-party sale success, as most third-party games in Japan have shown. It's highly likely that being Dragon Quest, this game will sell very well, but as I said just because it's on wii doesn't mean it will automatically do great.

grandjedi6

Alkaliine said:
Being on the wii certainly does not guarantee third-party sale success, as most third-party games in Japan have shown. It's highly likely that being Dragon Quest, this game will sell very well, but as I said just because it's on wii doesn't mean it will automatically do great.

No but being Dragon Quest will raise it to the level of attention it needs to sell really well to the Wii audience. Its a combination of all 3 factors.

Smiles and Cries said:
nice boxart

but damn this thread turned for the ugly... turn it back

I blame the lack of Pedobear GIFs. Without him the tide of pedos can not be overturn

Mandoric

Banned
Danj said:
The technical term for what you are looking at is zettai ryouiki (kinda NSFW).

Farflung information-gathering networks, a ravenous hunger for current events and cultural ambiguity waiting to be cleared, and I use it to nitpick Japanese pervnerd slang.

While this girl probably could be described as that, even in official art isn't she wearing her skirt a bit high for it to be a great example? I know, I know, the sample shots on the site you linked, but the further up you can see the less distinct it is.

All in all, she'd probably be a bit better off with lower socks and then a lower skirt.

Pureauthor said:
Is this fanart? Why are her eyes blue/green?

Heterochromia is hot now. Read your memos more often, it's been building for like half a decade.

Soule

Hmmm nice boxart, but I'm hoping my regional box has a bit more colour in the background when it's released here

grandjedi6

Mandoric said:
Farflung information-gathering networks, a ravenous hunger for current events and cultural ambiguity waiting to be cleared, and I use it to nitpick Japanese pervnerd slang.

While this girl probably could be described as that, even in official art isn't she wearing her skirt a bit high for it to be a great example? I know, I know, the sample shots on the site you linked, but the further up you can see the less distinct it is.

All in all, she'd probably be a bit better off with lower socks and then a lower skirt.

Heterochromia is hot now. Read your memos more often, it's been building for like half a decade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_lolita

I guess this is a fad in Japan?

Eteric Rice

Red Scarlet said:
Oh, what did I do by posting that avatar.

What, you don't hear the sounds of "fap, fap, fap?"

It's not me making those sounds.

GAF members are in ur house. Fappin' on ur internetz.

Top Bottom