• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

fatlus comics

24q7c79.png

wchlrn.png

1zbum0x.jpg

vihf2o.png

16gkda8.jpg

jgtqaq.jpg

2ufyhd0.png

33zbwb9.jpg

2qkqszn.jpg

350ou1j.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Grimm Fandango said:
Only a couple funny ones. One joke played out way too long.
Is the joke something like "Atlus fans are nerds/geeks/japanophiles" or am I missing something?

Mamesj

Banned
SecretBonusPoint said:
cool, a shit thread. Is it cool to hate on Atlus now with unfunny MSPaint comics?

They're not hating on Atlus....well, a little bit.

edit: dallow beat me to it.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
There are jokes there, I guess, but they are all jokes that could have come from any random forum-goer. It's like a regular conversation transcribed. Just not very creative in the presentation imo.

Varna

My girlfriend's brother is big into Japanese culture (OK, that's a bit stretch. It's anime mainly.) and for a while I was trying to get him to play SMT: Nocturne. I love Atlus from giving me the chance to play it, but I would never give any of their non-Atlus R&D1 a second glance.

He never played Nocturne, but he totally jumped on the Atlus banwagon with Persona 3 and oh man. He is pretty close to the comic depictions.

numbers said:
These are awful

Exactly my thoughts. The games they describe aren't even like Atlus (rainbow colors? WTF?) some aren't even by Atlus (Disgaea 3?). Oh and there's the part of them not being the least bit funny.

Flying_Phoenix said:
Exactly my thoughts. The games they describe aren't even like Atlus (rainbow colors? WTF?) some aren't even by Atlus (Disgaea 3?). Oh and there's the part of them not being the least bit funny.

Was this supposed to be a joke post? Becuase it's funny and would work in a fatlus comic strip.

distantmantra said:
Was this supposed to be a joke post? Becuase it's funny and would work in a fatlus comic strip.

I see because me stating that a comic strip that is supposedly based around a company that makes dark themed RPG's and called the game's "rainbow colored" and using games from other companys is such nerdy outcry.

Next thing you know they'll make a comic about Nintendo about a kid complaining about a game not having blood and gore as well as him playing the latest version of Sonic.

Varna

RedBoot said:
Why is it fatlus when most of them are about Nippon Ichi games?

Because it's not targeting Atlus fans specifically obviously.

True. But there are people who are basically the same expect on the other side of the spectrum.

Flying_Phoenix said:
I see because me stating that a comic strip that is supposedly based around a company that makes dark themed RPG's and called the game's "rainbow colored" and using games from other companys is such nerdy outcry.

Next thing you know they'll make a comic about Nintendo about a kid complaining about a game not having blood and gore as well as him playing the latest version of Sonic.

The nitpicky (but it's Nippon Ichi! Not Atlus!) nature of your post fits the theme of these strips perfectly.

And really, if you can't make fun of yourself, you're not enjoying life.

FatalT said:
Way to out yourselves. Anonymous you ain't.

This is the pyramid scheme of 4chan. You aren't a "newfag" if you follow the rules, but are one if you don't. Why I stopped going there when I realized how much of a joke Anonymous is.

Thats why there really are no "oldfags", its people who are on the tail end of the trend and haven't moved on yet due to feeling unimportant in real life.

..I'm to high for this. Made sense to me anyways.

I laughed at the EDF and Snowboard Kids comics.

So how long before the escalation starts and we start seeing comics making fun of Western RPG players LARPing and vegetating in front of MMOs?

-PXG-

Things become stereotypes because they have a grain of truth to them. This shit is so funny.

:lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom