• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Amazing Spider-Man |OT| This is How you Shot Web

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
(holy crap I just got my account approved after 3 months of lurking!)

Will probably grab the 360 version today or Monday, the day I goto see the fan screening I won tickets to on a Facebook contest. I really do want to wait for the PC version, but Wikipedia says it's not out till late August? :(

I'm waiting, better frame rate and resolution is what I'm focusing on. Though, I might Redbox the 360 or PS3 version whenever the final verdict comes out as to which is a better version. But PC is for the purchase. STAY STRONG! It'll be better in the long run!

dandoolan

I haven't gotten it....I have every other costume except for that and the vigilante one.

As I understand it, the Classic Movie Costume is unlocked when any DLC is downloaded, which does mean preorder bonuses grants players access to it due to the fact they are technically DLC.

I'm actually pretty impressed with this so far..

Also, it doesn't feel like you're cloud swinging. If you're high up, you don't just shoot web out into the sky - it does feel like you at least need to be 'near' a building. I've jumped off buildings and pressed RT a few times before I've gotten near a building and it hasn't come out.

dandoolan

For those of you still on the fence, I recon it's worth a shot. I only got this game today and I can already tell you that this is not only the most polished spider-man game I've ever played; this is also the most polished movie game I've ever played.

In regards to the web swinging, as a massive supporter of the physics used in the Spider-man 2 and Ultimate Spider-man games. My thoughts are that while this web swinging is very different to those, and isn't ultimately as satisfying. It is still a massive amount of fun and is definetly not enough of a reason to skip this title.

The graphics are great, the story is solid, the voice acting ain't bad, the missions are fun, the combat is fluid and there's a tonne of content here. So it's totally worth checking out in my opinion. I wouldn't blame anyone for waiting till it's cheaper or renting, but I definitely think anyone with a mild interest should get round to playing this game eventually.

JohngPR

It really annoys me how there's no apparent effort to hide his identity - Gwen calls him Peter repeatedly, he changes in view of the main villain, etc...

And I swear to God if he says "stay frosty" ONE MORE FUCKING TIME...

I like it when he says that. :(

The game has its share of flaws but none of it get in the way of its fun.

I'm really enjoying this game, definitely better than Web of Shadows and I'm unsure if it's better than Shattered Dimensions quite yet.

Amazon pre-orderers, have you tried the Stan Lee DLC yet? Good stuff. :p

Haven't been able to find any alternate costumes yet. Where are they hiding?

Is there one that looks like the classic spider-man costume, or do i have to wear this stupid movie redesign for the whole game?

JohngPR

Haven't been able to find any alternate costumes yet. Where are they hiding?

Is there one that looks like the classic spider-man costume, or do i have to wear this stupid movie redesign for the whole game?

The only one you can grab without messing with the time on you system is the 2012 Scarlet Spider costume. You can find it
under a driving tunnel in central park.

Hulud

For those of you still on the fence, I recon it's worth a shot. I only got this game today and I can already tell you that this is not only the most polished spider-man game I've ever played; this is also the most polished movie game I've ever played.

Never played Riddick?

madmackem

loving it so far, its scratching my batman game itch. The combat is good, web swinging is ace got it from love film and i think i will be keeping this one a while.

Finally got the classic costume. Looks like all you have to do is play the script challenge at least once with stan lee and beat it, once you go back to the regular game it'll unlock it automatically.

Also loving how the animation looks when web slinging indoors. It's very fluid and well animated, especially when he changes direction.

anastazius

Neo Member
I've not read through the whole thread yet as to avoid spoilers for the game and film, and but does anyone know if any UK stores are offering the Stan Lee preorder dlc? Coz it looks like Amazon UK aren't :(

dandoolan

Finally got the classic costume. Looks like all you have to do is play the script challenge at least once with stan lee and beat it, once you go back to the regular game it'll unlock it automatically.

Actually the Classic Costume unlocks when you download any DLC for the game. As you did when you DL'ed the Stan Lee Bonus.

Tambini

LoveFilm have kindly sent me this game so I guess I'll give it a go!

I expect I would of bought it new ( or waited to buy the PC version ) if it had SM2 swinging but oh well.

Double D

So this game is actually pretty fun. Haven't played a spidey game since SM3 and haven't paid attention to anything about this game before now.

I had no idea that this was basically Spider-Man: Arkham City. Of course it's not as good, but if in some alternate universe, this game was given to Rocksteady for another six months it would be incredible.

Really enjoy the swinging, and the cloud swinging isn't what everyone made it out to be. It doesn't let you attach your web any higher than the tallest building adjacent to you.

Plasmid

how well does this game compare to the old PS2 spiderman games that let you just swing around the city doing whatever you want? Is that possible in this game or is it linear?

Tambini

First impressions...

Wow, the beginning sequence is jaggy as hell. The combat feels ok, clearly inspired but not as good as the Arkham games. I did a little bit of swinging and then the game froze.

My first spidey game since spidey 2 and it's pretty awesome, my only gripe is the simplicity of it all, simply hold the trigger and he does it all for you, unlike the previous ones where you actually chose the direction of your web, still having the camera closer really does make the swinging so much better.

Anyway to turn of all the baby prompts, press r1 to web sling, the annoying y,b prompts when fighting ? I turned the web rush icons to never it I still see them? As in the silly yellow spidery locations you can web rush too, would love to turn it all off and let me remember all the buttons and where I can we rush too.

So yeh it's batman Arkham city for babies, I still rate it as one of the better spidey games, just wish you could turn off all the any stuff.

Buying this soon, but decided to get a quick Spidey fix and play WoS....man, what a game. The swinging is just so damn satisfying as is the combat.

Need a sequel. :'(

catabarez

Has anyone played the PC Spider-Man games, like Spider-Man 3 and Web of Shadows? I'm thinking about getting them and am wondering if they are okay ports.

ledman

Has anyone played the PC Spider-Man games, like Spider-Man 3 and Web of Shadows? I'm thinking about getting them and am wondering if they are okay ports.

I was wondering the same thing, heard good things about Web of Shadows but i did find it in any digital download store

catabarez

I was wondering the same thing, heard good things about Web of Shadows but i did find it in any digital download store

It's about $10 on amazon, I'm probably gonna get it there. If Spider-man 3 and Ultimate Spider-man run well and have controller support I wanna get those as well.

clear31

this is also the most polished movie game I've ever played.

I might get some shit for this but if it counts I really enjoyed the Bourne game and Captain America. They aren't on the level of Riddick but for movie tie-ins, they were pretty good

You googled it yet to see if anyone else has had the same issue?

Yep. No one seems to be playing it, never mind finishing it.

EDIT: A few people seem to be having some problems with the final chapter. Some are saying the game is failing to load after the final boss and that they can't go back to free-play mode.

Defuser

My first spidey game since spidey 2 and it's pretty awesome, my only gripe is the simplicity of it all, simply hold the trigger and he does it all for you
You know you don't have to hold the trigger right? Judt press and release, with web rush included you will be zipping around city fast.

Probably a question that already came up...

but doesnt it spoil the movie?

I have my copy installing now, but do I have to wait til after I see the movie on Wednesday?

Top Bottom