• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V has gone gold.

aqDpp1Z.gif

lol

I wonder how many people at SCEE have been fired or will be fired over that preload?

That's a baseless assumption. It all comes down to company/customer trust, which in this case is R* and GTA fanbase. The files were encrypted for a reason after all. If everyone in the world was trustworthy...piracy, leaks, etc. would not exist!

People were given the opportunity to preload, and guess what, few people abused it. How is this Sony's fault? Now for those who remained faithful and patient are now punished.

Much love I have for the GTA franchise, but majority of the fanbase is rabid, backstabbing, impatient bunch of morons (prime example...GTAForums). Look at Hot Coffee. PatrickW could have quietly reported to R* about the discovery, but instead it blows up in the media and costing millions against R*.

bud23

Sony apologizes for the leak.

Please understand said:
Regrettably, some people who downloaded the digital pre-order of Grand Theft Auto V through the PlayStation Store in Europe were able to access certain GTA V assets. These assets were posted online. We have since removed the digital pre-order file from the PlayStation Store in Europe. We sincerely apologize to Rockstar and GTA fans across the world who were exposed to the spoiler content. GTA V is one of the most highly anticipated games of the year with a very passionate following, and we’re looking forward to a historic launch on September 17.

Please...ya know.

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/24/grand-theft-auto-v-update/

Dug

Banned
Can someone please expand on the leak. What exactly did SCEE release on PSN? The full game or an encrypted pre load? How did people get to the files? And is there people playing this already?
GTA V was made available for pre load on the PSN store in Europe.
People downloaded it and put the files onto their computer.
Though most of the stuff in it you couldn't use, there were audio files.
If you changed the audio files extension to .mp3 you could listen to them.
People now have the audio for the radio, cutscenes, music, and other stuff.

Can someone please expand on the leak. What exactly did SCEE release on PSN? The full game or an encrypted pre load? How did people get to the files? And is there people playing this already?

They released an 18gb download. It apparently contains all of the audio files, but you can't actually play the game since it's missing key files that would actually make it function.

j-wood

I really want to play this on my PS3 this September, but I just know that by the end of the year, a PS4 version will be announced.

What to do?!

GTA V was made available for pre load on the PSN store in Europe.
People downloaded it and put the files onto their computer.
Though most of the stuff in it you couldn't use, there were audio files.
If you changed the audio files extension to .mp3 you could listen to them.
People now have the audio for the radio, cutscenes, music, and other stuff.

They released an 18gb download. It apparently contains all of the audio files, but you can't actually play the game since it's missing key files that would actually make it function.

Thanks, sounds like R* fault for not encrypting everything. Unless SCEE wasn't supposed to have a preload version of the game.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
I really want to play this on my PS3 this September, but I just know that by the end of the year, a PS4 version will be announced.

What to do?!

Same situation.
I'm probably going to wait for a DF face-off, if the framerate dips constantly under 30 I'm going to wait...

HiiiLife

I was only 16 when GTA IV came out? Goddamn time flies by. I still remember playing GTA III for the first time in third grade. This is crazy. The Grand Theft Auto series will always have a special place in my heart.

Thanks, sounds like R* fault for not encrypting everything. Unless SCEE wasn't supposed to have a preload version of the game.

According to some people they ended up removing the 18gb file and replacing it with a 17.2gb file afterwards. I'm not sure what the differences are though.

x3sphere

Don't really see how it's R*'s fault, ultimately they have to send Sony a fully decrypted copy for certification. Sony's the one that encrypts the files after everything is good to go.

Unlike Steam, though, they don't seem to encrypt all the files on preloads, so assets are viewable.

MormaPope

Banned
The story was never GTA's strongpoint, why are people so afraid of spoilers?

After Red Dead Redemption, I'm ready for a gut punch or few throughout the game.

GTA lives and dies narratively on the characters and writing of those characters, and knowing what happens to whom would be a bummer.

Slavik81

I don't know why they removed the preload, damage has already been done as soon as the files leaked. So legit consumers get punished in the end, no more preload.

Moreover, it's Sony fault for not encrypting the files properly... when you preload stuff on Steam, everything is encrypted only things like the filenames are visible.
Why does Steam even make the file names visible?

MormaPope

Banned
I feel sorry for people that are choosing to wait for a fancier and better performing version, GTA madness and gifs will be everywhere for a long time coming. I hope PC only people get some good news relatively soon, GTA V not coming to next gen consoles isn't terrible, GTA V not getting a PC release soon is.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
After what I am sure has been some insane crunching leading up to this, looks like the fine folks at Rockstar have earned themselves some rest.

Now, to enjoy the game!

I went to a midnight release here in the UK for GTA IV, i'm contemplating doing it again.

Something bad happened when i went to that midnight launch though, i didn't have enough money and a guy behind me in the queue gave me the extra £5 for the game. I was extremely embarrassed but that guy saved my bacon.

Top Bottom