• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zampella: TitanFall to support digital Pre-loading

Special C

According to Vince Zapella twitter this will be in place for Titanfall. Surely all future games will also?

https://twitter.com/VinceZampella/status/436733628718931969

If true all I can say is "about time" Gives more hope for digital pre-order bonuses as well.

Edit: May Have jumped the gun here. I didn't even think about PC version.

Edit2: Titanfall Xbox One showing available for pre-load on Microsoft Store. At least we now know the Xbox One has this capability, Hopefully all future games will be able to do the same.

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Titanfall/8ef9f044-dab7-49f9-9ec6-0aa4c1686efe

game size is 15GB

edit: i assume it should be ready after the march os update since there is no buy button yet

dugdug

Banned
Unless I'm missing something, they don't mention XB1 anywhere in those tweets. Could be talking about the PC version.

Would be nice if true, though.

Let's Pray that it spreads to all games, not just titanfall.

Does PS4 do this? I don't think so atm, If it doesn't finally has something over the PS4 amirite?

Special C

Hmm, I may have jumped the gun here. Might be best just to lock up this thread. Sometimes I forget there is even a PC version.

TomShoe

Banned
That's good for anyone who wants it, but the $0 trade in value is a deal breaker.

Give me physical or give me death

Hoping this carries onto other games. I have a faster connection but even with that it's bound to get bogged down on launch day if stuff like the eShop was any indication.

PhatSaqs

Banned
That Xbox One/Titanfall marketing is clearly working.
Indeed....

deceipt.png

JayEH

I'm really hoping that MS will make Titanfall the first game you can pre order/load on Xbox.

It seems crazy to me that they don't have a system like that in place. Even Sony has one.

Edit: It seems like Titanfall is the first game to support preload on Xbox. Now if only they can change the time the game unlocks... Sucks for east coast people.

Prezhulio

If this is in regards to xbone, I assume they'll have preorders on the marketplace in place soon?

Did the 360 have digital preorders/preloading at all?

Obscured

This is great. I'm going all digital this gen and this kind of thing makes it a lot easier. I would like to see some better pricing as time goes on as well, but this kind of thing (which seems like a pretty easy win) is the stuff they should be doing.

Top Bottom