• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls |OT3| Tyrael Looted: {[El'druin]}

Am I farming gear wrong? 30+ hours on my Wiz and I'm still stick at like gr10 and T1 solo. I've mainly just been spamming t1 rifts for drops, spending shards at kadala and everytime I finally get 25 breaths I try rolling a yellow into a legendary\set item with no luck. So far I'm using 2pc of like 2-3 different sets instead of getting stuff I actually need =\

Dahbomb

Am I farming gear wrong? 30+ hours on my Wiz and I'm still stick at like gr10 and T1 solo. I've mainly just been spamming t1 rifts for drops, spending shards at kadala and everytime I finally get 25 breaths I try rolling a yellow into a legendary\set item with no luck. So far I'm using 2pc of like 2-3 different sets instead of getting stuff I actually need =\
You will push up really quickly if you complete a 6 pc set + get a supporting item for that 6 pc. That should be your primary goal.

Radec

And just a couple of seasons ago they were one of the weakest, lol. So happy with how they are right now.

Well, except for the lag.

Does the Jade set got a buff ? I would like to try that one today since I got the set and quetz. not sure what weapon to use tho

Try to get Vyrs as much as you can.

Join public games higher than Torment 1.

Try T7 Rifts. There are tons of P500+ who just breeze through the rift without you even doing anything other than picking up loot.

From the other thread:
LOL @ changing Nat's set from 400 to 600.

The main thing they gotta do in the short term is to maintain some hardcap on where they want the highest power level to be. Right now GR70 is that number and they shouldn't be introducing stuff that allows existing builds to push past that... otherwise you have even more power creep.

So them buffing up stuff like Marauders or Delseres to where they can do high GR60s is a good thing. Gives more options and flexibility to the classes.

My point wasn't to say they should only buff nat or that the % was the right amount, I was only giving a general example on how they could simply tweak a single number to alter power levels between classes and sets. In the DH case, you would obviously boost both UE and Nat(Marauder is one of the original sets and probably require a rework, specifically it needs damage reduction rolled in it like every modern set has otherwise it's too squishy to do high GRs, even with the pets tanking). Regardless of Nat being ahead or not, they're still behind WD/Monk/Barb, so you tweak that 6pc number up so Nat and UE are closer/equal. You say GR70 but monks and barbs are already above that, so 75 is probably a better aim, and with DH already being like 8GR behind, they're probably not reaching that even with a lot more paragon.

You would do that with all the viable sets like Delsere/Talrasha/Vyr(they should have reverted the belt change at least before the end of PTR) for wiz, Roland/Light for Crusader(need massive amount more), Nat/UE for DH, Helltooth/Zuni/Arachyr for WD(and yeah they would still need a little boost to be equal to barb/monks). The older sets need to be reworked so no real point in boosting their dmg just yet, thoguh arguably they could just do them at the same time so they're at least somewhat competitive.

But tweaking these 6pc bonuses which almost every modern set has as a major power boost is the easy way to go about it. They don't need to rework the sets or add new set bonuses or add new legendaries that boost the power level of the set, which is a lot more annoying to balance and requires a bunch more testing, they just need to tweak existing numbers slightly to see the balance become better. They'd need smaller patches and more often on PTR though to do that efficiently though, which I guess is where the issue comes from.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
You would do that with all the viable sets like Delsere/Talrasha/Vyr(they should have reverted the belt change at least before the end of PTR) for wiz.

For real. 50 stacks never seemed OP to me in the first place, so 20 stacks is weak. So weak that I'm almost considering ditching for something stronger like a Witching Hour, or with more survivability.

taybul

Hopped back on after a while and started playing my DH again. Apparently the pets/sentries isn't a popular build anymore? Everyone's running around with whatever UE is and spamming multishot and here I am trying to figure out how to use Kanai's Cube.

Looks like I have a long road ahead of me.

eek5

GR60 WD is done boys!

Found a packed rift without those bullshit Exorcist. Only pylon encountred is a conduit @90%.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/theEnemy-1243/hero/67055844

WD - 18 Hours
Monk - 90 Hours

Such a stupidly OP class WD is.

Next stop: DH.

Just because your second char hit GR60 faster doesn't mean it is more OP lol. It's always easy gearing up a second char because you have level 60+ gems, all the resources to gamble and roll, etc.

My 2 hr monk was speed farming T8 w/ generator/sage and my 1 hr monk was doing GR50s

Also the later you are in the season the easier it gets to leech.

When you first start it's way better to get single legendary effects that deal weapon damage. Stuff like nagelring, death mantle watch, andariel's visage, pox faulds, etc. will let you clear t3-4 really easily. Basically just spam as many leg procs as you can until you finish a set lol. Or just join dara's games since he has quick join always on and leech off him.

ZenaxPure

Just because your second char hit GR60 faster doesn't mean it is more OP lol. It's always easy gearing up a second char

My 2 hr monk was speed farming T8 w/ generator/sage and my 1 hr monk was doing GR50s

Yeah pretty much. My seasonal Demon Hunter only has ~5 hours played and I can do TX comfortably on him. Doesn't really mean the class is OP haha. It just means I had 1100 blood shards and close to 1k deaths breath waiting to be spent when I hit 70.

For real. 50 stacks never seemed OP to me in the first place, so 20 stacks is weak. So weak that I'm almost considering ditching for something stronger like a Witching Hour, or with more survivability.

Yeah I don't really get what prompted the nerf. I mean, maybe it made Vyr kinda far ahead of the other wiz sets, but wiz was behind the other classes anyway so it was more like they should have buffed the other sets rather than nerf Vyr. And buff vyr too. It feels like they mostly try to balance the sets within a class, not against other classes, which is fine for the leaderboard stuff since they're based on your own class only, but makes it so the best groups have specific classes only and for solo it creates weird situations where the #1 crusader is basically clearing stuff that wouldn't even put him in the top1000 of monk or barb(well not really I think, but it'd be like #750 or something). Just doesn't feel good if you play a crusader and see people clearing almost 10GR higher than you, and that's nothing to say of the difficulty of completing set tasks like the season journey if you pick a crappier class.

I mean, even power levels being equal, you'd still have favorite classes. For example WDs and DHs both bring group damage% large buffs(BBV and Wolf) and damage taken increase % debuffs at no cost(Calamity and Helltooth 2pc or Piranhado), so they'd probably be favored, all things equal. Or maybe people would favor Warcry or Auras or whatever else and you'd still have set groups, but the differences would probably be a lot smaller than if you currently went with support monk+support crusader+wiz+dh versus support monk+support barb+hota barb+uliana monk.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
any tips on where to go next with my wizard?

currently running delrasha with a rrog to get full set bonus from del'sere and looking for a 5th item to get full set bonus from tal rasha too

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/godelmetric-1562/hero/66334209

i dunno if that works properly?

anyway, it's fun, i like smashing stuff with meteors. but i feel like i've prety much plateaud. i guess the final set bonus from tal rasha will be nice but i don't really see what to get after that except just upgrading all my items to eke out a bit more damage or completely swapping to vyr.

Whoa ... new page.

Generator monk is so fun. Monk is life bros!

Just need the helm that I had no idea I needed when I salvaged 50 of them prior.

EDIT: Also ...

Fenderputty#1180

I told someone last week to add me and that I would put them into the clan. However if I don't recognize your name when you invite me, I won't accept the invitation and bump someone for your slot. If your battle.net tag differs from your GAF name please send me a PM on GAF with your battle tag so I can confirm who's asking for invites. I currently have an invite I will not be accepting in my inbox on battle.net

I don't want to kick people for lurkers.

Just because your second char hit GR60 faster doesn't mean it is more OP lol. It's always easy gearing up a second char because you have level 60+ gems, all the resources to gamble and roll, etc.

Your WD still OP :p

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Mythic Rhythm passive is apparently multiplicative not additive with your damage skills...

Check out this post for a whole lot more info on exploding palm snapshot/refresh behaviour and how to get the most out of Mythic Rhythm:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3kxu5c/some_mythic_rhythm_with_uliana_mechanics/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=10#181

Since the manually cast EP is the only one that can overwrite another EP, and many effects will refresh the duration on an existing one instead of overwriting it, that means it's possible to keep a MR-boosted EP going through the whole rift. Same deal with keeping a power pylon effect alive with a snapshot long after the pylon's expired.

Crazy stuff. Bad news for me because I don't like micromanaging effects like this.

I told someone last week to add me and that I would put them into the clan. However if I don't recognize your name when you invite me, I won't accept the invitation and bump someone for your slot. If your battle.net tag differs from your GAF name please send me a PM on GAF with your battle tag so I can confirm who's asking for invites. I currently have an invite I will not be accepting in my inbox on battle.net

I don't want to kick people for lurkers.

Yup, that's why I ask people to post (or PM) their tag so we can invite using the new Invite button on the roster page.

Jrmint

Could WDs enlighten me to the best set/build currently for pets? I'm currently running 2 pieces of Zunimassa and various other legendaries, not sure which are the best to build though.

Radec

Could WDs enlighten me to the best set/build currently for pets? I'm currently running 2 pieces of Zunimassa and various other legendaries, not sure which are the best to build though.

Check this: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/57490-2-3-carnevil-glass-cannon-65-grifts

Jon-Hamm-Sure-Thing.gif

Still stupidly OP and easy.

Nymerio

I hope they do something about the way buffs are displayed in the next patch. Not being able to see some actually relevant stuff is annoying as hell. I don't need to know that my permanent mantra is actually active, but I'd kind of like to see some of the shorter duration buffs displayed.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i get that 'balance is hard' but i mean did blizzard at no point look at uliana's and think, 'hang on this is kind of stupidly broken compared with every wizard, crusader, and dh set in the game'

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Looks like I've hit a bit of a wall with my monk. Up to 49 GR, but haven't been able to pass it. I may need to work on my toughness, as I'm kind of squishy when blues and yellows show up. Blues are doable if I can pull them into big packs of normals, but yellows aren't really worth spending time on for me as they die too slow. Also, the mob density has been kinda meh. Been getting lots of Caldeum sewers and Act 3 barracks with mobs split up and not inclined to follow me far so that I can blow up a lot of stuff at once.

Also, I may be under geared. When I look at my page, damage is only around 600k, whereas when I look at folks on the leaderboard a lot of them are 900k and up.

joesmokey

I think I'm about done with Wizard for 2.3. I need an ancient Aether Walker to complete my DelRasha build, but not sure that's worth going for. My Vyr's set is done except for Hellfire Amulet.

Thinking about trying a flavor of the month class. Can't decide between Barb or Monk for easiest steamrolling farming. Not sure I'd like either enough to stick with season 4 though.

Nymerio

Looks like I've hit a bit of a wall with my monk. Up to 49 GR, but haven't been able to pass it. I may need to work on my toughness, as I'm kind of squishy when blues and yellows show up. Blues are doable if I can pull them into big packs of normals, but yellows aren't really worth spending time on for me as they die too slow. Also, the mob density has been kinda meh. Been getting lots of Caldeum sewers and Act 3 barracks with mobs split up and not inclined to follow me far so that I can blow up a lot of stuff at once.

Also, I may be under geared. When I look at my page, damage is only around 600k, whereas when I look at folks on the leaderboard a lot of them are 900k and up.

It depends on what build you play. When playing with Broken Promise you're aiming for 5% crit chance and that makes your sheet dps shit dps. I think I'm currently sitting at 400k sheet dps and I'm at GR58.

eek5

Figures. lol

I'm not really sure where I gave the impression that it was anything BUT that. Like I said, getting GR60 in 18 hrs doesn't mean the character is OP without context.

I mean you're using level 60 gems. Come on bro.

I think I'm about done with Wizard for 2.3. I need an ancient Aether Walker to complete my DelRasha build, but not sure that's worth going for. My Vyr's set is done except for Hellfire Amulet.

Thinking about trying a flavor of the month class. Can't decide between Barb or Monk for easiest steamrolling farming. Not sure I'd like either enough to stick with season 4 though.

Monk is a lot of fun right now in both solo and groups. Not sure how Barb has changed but it was fun last season so probably still fun. Monk has a sage/generator build that can farm DBs really fast though. Upwards of 500+ db/hr on T8 so probably the best farm class IMO. Can easily split farm bounties while getting double db drops on T7/8 too (but t8 pubs are awful so I don't recommend it)

joesmokey

Monk is a lot of fun right now in both solo and groups. Not sure how Barb has changed but it was fun last season so probably still fun. Monk has a sage/generator build that can farm DBs really fast though. Upwards of 500+ db/hr on T8 so probably the best farm class IMO. Can easily split farm bounties while getting double db drops on T7/8 too (but t8 pubs are awful so I don't recommend it)
Maybe I'll leech your drops and get geared up that way :).

MrDaravon

I feel so happy I took tags out of my gif :p

I think I won the game.

diabloiii2015-09-1421qjp9p.png

That's fucking ridiculous, congrats! I'm speedrunning GR41s on my DH to get shards to gamble with on my Barb (which Yuri powerleveled this morning, thanks again!) as well as level gems. Not great rolls on most pieces, but already have HotA shoulders, the bracers cubed, and 5 IK pieces after like 45 minutes lol. It's so easy to gear alts now.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
I hope they do something about the way buffs are displayed in the next patch. Not being able to see some actually relevant stuff is annoying as hell. I don't need to know that my permanent mantra is actually active, but I'd kind of like to see some of the shorter duration buffs displayed.

Then you're in luck, cause I think they've specifically said something about fixing the buff bar for patch 2.4. That and revamped sets seem to be the two big changes scheduled for 2.4 so far.

Baliis

The buff situation really is pretty ridiculous. Even as a solo barb there are time when I can't see my focus/restraint buffs or my taeguk stacks.

Shouta

So do I get 3 of the craft materials from the Act Caches at Torment 1?

I want to know because I need some of those quick, lol

MrDaravon

Yeah, ideally you want to be doing T7 though since you get 4 mats from each cache (so 8 total assuming you're doing them in bonus act order, and there's no reason you shouldn't be). T7 is the last bonus, there's nothing for T10 or anything like that, so it's very easy to get public bounties games at T7 since that's what everyone farms at and T7 is easy to split once you're geared.

Edit: If you're in the GAF clan there's often someone on doing bounties you can probably leech off of if you ask if you're not able to do T7 yet. We're usually willing to help leechers, unless you're eek

Shouta

I can do T4 or T5 fine but it's just time consuming to do 5 quests. Doing them on T1 should be quick since I just want the materials to get some legendary powers into my Kanai's Cube, lol

Edit: And no, I'm not in the GAF Clan, that's been full whenever I went active in the game.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I can do T4 or T5 fine but it's just time consuming to do 5 quests. Doing them on T1 should be quick since I just want the materials to get some legendary powers into my Kanai's Cube, lol

Edit: And no, I'm not in the GAF Clan, that's been full whenever I went active in the game.

There is room if you want an invite :)

eek5

T7 is lowest difficulty with max mats so if you join public games at T7 you'll find the most amount of people.

If you are strong and can find a group T8 might be worth while for the guaranteed db drops but really no point in doing T8 splits if you can't one shot everything.

Wolfie5

Mythic Rhythm passive is apparently multiplicative not additive with your damage skills...

Uhm... I am pretty sure I was doing +800m crit dmg before I put that passive on. I am doing +1.2b crit now. Does it stack btw?

Now I definitely have to get a better hellfire amulet, because that skill is a must have.
Nice to find that out after 400 paragons with my monk, lol.

Nokterian

And now i finally added Mask of Jeram to my cube that sucker dropped yesterday so i can still do a fetish/dart build if i want to and kadala being kadala being such a bitch on not giving what you really need :p

Ronabo

Hey guys. I need a guide for what the hell to do in this game. Specifically for Barb. There is so much stuff since I played I have no idea what to do. I've been playing a season character and I've not had much fun with it because I don't know what kind of things to look for or even do as there is so much now since the expansion came out.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks

Dahbomb

Check out this post for a whole lot more info on exploding palm snapshot/refresh behaviour and how to get the most out of Mythic Rhythm:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/3kxu5c/some_mythic_rhythm_with_uliana_mechanics/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/16527322731?page=10#181

Since the manually cast EP is the only one that can overwrite another EP, and many effects will refresh the duration on an existing one instead of overwriting it, that means it's possible to keep a MR-boosted EP going through the whole rift. Same deal with keeping a power pylon effect alive with a snapshot long after the pylon's expired.

Crazy stuff. Bad news for me because I don't like micromanaging effects like this.
I have had a long day so someone needs to give me a TL;DR version of this. Or a video version if possible.

It seems like you have to completely alter your play style when you are using Mythic Rhythm.

You have to first get the MR buff up by attacking 3 times. Then you have to apply a single EP manually on a target which will be the MR buffed one... THEN you use SSS on that single buffed up EP to spread that buffed EP around with Gungdo Gear explosion from the SSS.

In any case this makes the build have a higher skill cap when it comes to pushing higher GRs.

Hey guys. I need a guide for what the hell to do in this game. Specifically for Barb. There is so much stuff since I played I have no idea what to do. I've been playing a season character and I've not had much fun with it because I don't know what kind of things to look for or even do as there is so much now since the expansion came out.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Thanks

Try to get the wastes or IK full set
If you get wastes set you'll want the bul kathos set (two mighty weapons)
In general look for critical hit chance (amulet, rings, helm, gloves, bracers) and critical hit damage (gloves, amulet, rings, emeralds socketed in weapons), use diamonds in your gear until you feel tanky enough.
Farm rifts and greaters rifts, level good gems (generally bane of the stricken, bane of the trapped, gogok, pain enhancer, taeguk for barb), use blood shards to acquire your set faster
If you get duplicate items in a same set don't destroy them, use kanai's cube to convert them into other pieces
Use the upgrade rare item recipe in the cube to get the bul kathos set faster (craft a mighty weapon then upgrade it)

Here's my seasonal barb, got it power leveled friday night and got most of the gear in under 10 hours (with a bit of help to farm GRs though)
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shugga-2416/hero/66614831

Wolfie5

I have had a long day so someone needs to give me a TL;DR version of this. Or a video version if possible.

It seems like you have to completely alter your play style when you are using Mythic Rhythm.

You have to first get the MR buff up by attacking 3 times. Then you have to apply a single EP manually on a target which will be the MR buffed one... THEN you use SSS on that single buffed up EP to spread that buffed EP around with Gungdo Gear explosion from the SSS.

In any case this makes the build have a higher skill cap when it comes to pushing higher GRs.
Yeah, I am not sure what he is saying.

Single Target
U2 will apply MR-buffed EP after the 3rd generator strike.
(If you apply EP manually after the very first 3 hit combo, you will actually be overwriting a MR-EP with a non-MR-EP.)
So if you wanted to make sure you applied a MR-EP to the RG (and don't trust U2), then gain the MR buff and apply EP manually to the RG that has EP already.
When an RG does spawn adds, SSS before U2 so you can spread the active MR-buffed-EP on the RG to the adds instead of non-MR-EPs from U2.

First he is saying that U2 will apply MR-buffed EP after the 3rd gen strike.
-Makes sense, because EP is applied after every 3rd strike thanks to U2 and MR is applied after your 3rd strike.

Than he says MR will be removed and replaced with a non-MR if you try to apply manually after you already gained MR. -Also makes sense.

Then he goes on about if you don't trust U2(?) and that you should apply EP manually to gain the MR buff.
-I don't get this part because of what he said on the first part. Maybe I am missing something. Won't U2 always make sure you get MR buffed EP as long as the target doesn't have any EP?

-Also, how do you in the midst of chaos know how many hits you have done to the target before applying EP manually that is MR-buffed?

Edit: Ok read further and I get why you can't trust U2. If there are several targets around and you apply EP through U2, only one of the targets will be affected by MR, the rest will have non-MR.

It is therefore better to charge your MR buff by doing a couple of hits at a pack and than dash away, find a new pack and apply EP manually to a single target and spread it spread it through with SSS.

Will try this when I get home.

Stevey

I played the first day of season 4, then MGSV, Mad Max and Forza 6 have took over, should really pick this up again soon

Top Bottom