• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT8| Our love will last Pharah-ver

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg009

Banned
I feel like torb still needs another buff.

Me and a friend were joking about making his turret a type of vehicle he can start riding.

MG310

Had a good first defense round on Volskaya, lost the first point but held out on the 2nd for a really long time.

2nd round our only healer decides to switch to Sombra as soon as the door opens :/

That feel when you are down over 50 average SR and have to also hold for an extra full minute and you do and it is glorious and then the next game there's an insta-lock Widow and a guy who throws by not selecting a character until over a minute in.

I wish I could disable competitive so I wasn't tempted. Every time I get a good game in I stupidly play another and it's a nightmare.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Had a good first defense round on Volskaya, lost the first point but held out on the 2nd for a really long time.

2nd round our only healer decides to switch to Sombra as soon as the door opens :/

Tbf sometimes if i get super tilted from being a solo healer when it's obviously not working I'll go hanzo or something.

Don't let people solo heal if you can help it.

xaosslug

D.Va seems like the "new Symmetra" in that the devs seem to know better than the playerbase and everyone is playing her wrong. I had no idea I was supposed to run around chasing rip-tires and ulting Genji's w/ DM. Wow.

Antiwhippy

D.Va seems like the "new Symmetra" in that the devs seem to know better than the playerbase and everyone is playing her wrong. I had no idea I was supposed to run around chasing rip-tires and ulting Genji's w/ DM. Wow.

DM does nothing to genji's ult? You're better off shooting him.

solo healing is ok as ana since she's sort of busted.

Not when the enemy team realise that you're the only healer and focus the shit out of you.

ricelord

BTW, for the D.Va changes on the PTR and concerns, Blizz finally responded:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752559736?page=26#post-502

Edit:as expected, people are not liking that response

Edit 2:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752559736?page=27#post-536

In what world is someone playing JR in comp that is also coordinated enough to go "I'm using my tire, D.va, follow it and it's going to go in this patter oh and healers keep the D.Va alive as she goes into enemy territory"

jesus, Dva f-tier confirmed.

Not when the enemy team realise that you're the only healer and focus the shit out of you.

just play like a total bitch and never be with your team. let your team know that they are beneath you and that they live and die by your will.

Alucrid

Banned

you use defense matrix to protect your ulting genji or rip tire (not that anyone uses junkrat)

Strakt

This game is in a terrible spot gameplay wise atm. No motivation to even play 1 game a week in GM to maintain my SR bc I know every game will consist of the same team comps. The game currently doesnt reward any high skill cap heroes yet favors left click spammy heroes like DVA. Even paladins rewards the player for their skill at the moment.

I fail to see the problem, if anything it's the enemy teams problem.

i don't think you'd wanna play winston into roadhog or soldier, who seem like they'll remain mainstays in most compositions. they annihilate him super hard, even with harmony orb healing.

OT7 Wall o' Shame:

ot7wallwqria.jpg

fuck

at least I'm not whippy holy shit

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
i don't think you'd wanna play winston into roadhog or soldier, who seem like they'll remain mainstays in most compositions. they annihilate him super hard, even with harmony orb healing.
Who said anything about mainstay? He's perfect for dive comp/tilting.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
give him his hp back, his shield hp back and more armor and maybe he'll see play and not get shit on by roadhog/reaper/soldier.
DW94tH2.gif

I'm not discussing super cereal tournament meta, but you seem adamant about shitting on Winston so do your thing I guess.

Antiwhippy

err yeah. one twitch clip of this one guy getting totally outplayed doesn't change that winston has a huge ass headshot hitbox, less HP than most other tanks and much weaker shields compared to D.Va, Reinhardt and Zarya.

I'm being facetious honestly, because yeah reaper should beat winston 8 times out of 10. I still don't think that should be a reason for buffing winston because that's exactly what we want. Didn't we complain about reaper not being the tank buster anymore?

Also it just shows that there are ways for winston to play around his counters still. I feel like once dive comps are a thing again and there are more squishies on the field you'll see a lot more winston.

Blues1990

I want to learn more about the Crusaders Reinhardt was a part of, and what happened to the unit post-Omnic Crisis. We know Balderich and a small unit had perished, but we don't know what the overall unit's current standing is. (Or if Reinhardt is truly the last member of the Crusaders.)

Apathy

140773.gif

Please, play winston, hes totally viable, I think he totally counters hog. if you die it's only cause that of that broken hook

I'm being facetious honestly, because yeah reaper should beat winston 8 times out of 10. I still don't think that should be a reason for buffing winston because that's exactly what we want. Didn't we complain about reaper not being the tank buster anymore?

Also it just shows that there are ways for winston to play around his counters still. I feel like once dive comps are a thing again and there are more squishies on the field you'll see a lot more winston.
maybe, but if he dives into a team full of things that just counter him, he's just gonna be free ult charge and end up being a liability like he kind of is right now. I think reaper's actually a good tank buster when D.Va's not there to just cockblock everything he does since his main problem is getting rekt by defense matrix + sleep dart. reducing the probability of at least one of those things is good for his overall pattern of trying to get in behind the tanks and then blast them with his huge up-close DPS. who knows, if Reaper's meta, we might see Winston too since he can actually go in hard with Reaper if necessary.

For example, running matrix on top of a friendly ulting Genji, Junkrat tire, or Pharah is very strong and something that tanks with more static defenses (like Reinhardt or Winston) aren't as good at.

I can't process that. I'm reading it, trying to imagine how that would go in my head, and I just can't do it.

I can't process that. I'm reading it, trying to imagine how that would go in my head, and I just can't do it.

you boost yourself with defense matrix to follow the tire and perfectly predict your junkrat's thoughts while simultaneously making sure that you don't run out of DM before the tire detonates.

Antiwhippy

Eh, TBF, that's kinda how I did it back during the DM rework. I pretty much used it to protect my reapers/genjis/tracers as we dove in the back together.

i had a 1:30 cap on Anubis but then the other team did the same thing because one of our tanks threw a tantrum because the other guy didn't play roadhog.

I just had my first competitive match where my teammates did nothing but yell at each other about who "really" sucks on the team. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom