• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Archer [Mafia] |OT| Wait, I Had Something For This

Ourobolus

Banned
Looks like TheGoddamn is in the Philippines, so probably won't see his post for a few more hours at least.

Haly's usually online now, though...

Ourobolus

Banned
Also, I just want to let you all know that I will be on vacation all next week, starting this Friday night. I'll still have access to my phone so I should be able to provide all of the updates and whatnot, but on the off chance I cannot, please PM one of the other game-runners or tutors and they will be able to help out.

roytheone

Okay, can someone fill me in on why I should hate Haly? I mean, I don't know the guy and what he did, but I already hate him. Telling me what he did could make me hate him even more!

El Topo

Okay, can someone fill me in on why I should hate Haly? I mean, I don't know the guy and what he did, but I already hate him. Telling me what he did could make me hate him even more!

He talked bad about you. Also said a few other mean things.

That roytheone is a total loser. He showers maybe once a week and eats his own boogers.
Does anyone else just love torturing kittens?
Trump is my kind of candidate.

roytheone

Ah, I get it. Judging from those totally real, not fabricated at all posts haly is an irredeemable piece of human trash that should be set on fire, but because that isn't legal we will have to make do with the next best thing: getting him killed in this Mafia game as soon as possible.

But how did he know my precise shower schedule? Is......is he watching me????

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Palmer is just trying to distract you from the fact he should be first to die.

RetroMG

Oh trust me, I haven't forgotten the fact that I lost the ONUW game because he changed his vote in the last possible second :mad:

I feel like it is now my job to generate whole new grudges between seasons.

I'm okay with this.

I should probably go post in the thread for the game I'm playing now.

Palmer_v1

Statistically speaking myself, Palmer, or El Topo are the most likely ones to be a mafia member.

Gambler's fallacy!? I've lost too many games of resistance to that. I completely trust Jenny cause there's no way she got dealt a Spy card 4 games in a row!

Edit: Beaten by Crab

Double Edit: Honestly, I far prefer being town anyway. I came very close to throwing in the towel a few times last game.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
over a series of events the probability of at least one event having a specific outcome where the individual probability of said outcome is nonzero approaches one as the number of events increases.

This is true, but at any given point in the series the probability of any given outcome is the same as it was at any other point. By your argument above, I should lynch Palmer_v1 every game because over time the chance I will be right at least once approaches one, rather than that I should lynch Palmer_v1 this game because it is more probable than not he is mafia.

squidyj

Maybe you ARE a good accountant

They call me 'El Contador'.

This is true, but at any given point in the series the probability of any given outcome is the same as it was at any other point. By your argument above, I should lynch Palmer_v1 every game because over time the chance I will be right at least once approaches one, rather than that I should lynch Palmer_v1 this game because it is more probable than not he is mafia.

You should lynch palmer because he's a genetic clone of adolph hitler, also palmer. I don't think the statement in and of itself is the gambler's fallacy, you just can't use it to say WHEN someone is mafia.

Mazre

Oh....almost forgot? Noticed there was no specific mentions of voting ties in the rules, don't think we had a listed rule in the AC game although we all knew that a tie resulted in a no lynch. May be something to update. Also just to clarify we are not using karkadorian algebra, correct?

squidyj

Oh....almost forgot? Noticed there was no specific mentions of voting ties in the rules, don't think we had a listed rule in the AC game although we all knew that a tie resulted in a no lynch. May be something to update. Also just to clarify we are not using karkadorian algebra, correct?

They taught a class of school-children karkadorian algebra as an experiment. Only one survived.

Ourobolus

Banned
I'll update that.

As for Karkadorian algebra...hmm...

Palmer_v1

You guys ready? I'm ready!

h6HtdDM.gif

El Topo

They taught a class of school-children karkadorian algebra as an experiment. Only one survived.

I know you're joking, but you wouldn't believe how incredibly heated discussions about mathematics (or rather teaching mathematics) used to be (at conferences). I remember reading (although likely fake) that some math teachers (I think in France) actually killed themselves in the 70s over the drastic changes in teaching mathematics.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Volunteer

Boom.

Mindgames.

I see Palmer's smear campaign has already begun.

Of course you know this means war.

squidyj

Volunteer

Boom.

Mindgames.

I see Palmer's smear campaign has already begun.

Of course you know this means war.

how do you feel that one of palmer's criticisms against you was that you supported a hitler-clone when he himself is a hitler clone?

Ourobolus

Banned
Yayyyyyyyy

Tactileneck!

All right, let me finish my dinner and I'll start sending out Role PMs.

Again, the game won't start until ONUW2 is over, so maybe...Saturday?

Ourobolus

Banned
All right!

All roles have been sent out! Get to plotting on your own - I'll give a heads up if we end up starting early. I'm leaning towards Monday, since weekends are typically slow in these parts.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Top Bottom