• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fable Heroes Screenshot Blowout (XBLA, Gauntlet meets Mario Party spinoff)

Doffen

I wonder what the new Xbox is going to be like, lol

It's going to be cute as a button!

button.png

But I'm not going to roll out this game before I have tested it.

Are you really implying that a game where you can choose a fart option from an expression wheel doesn't skew younger than its rating? Come on man.
I'm not implying that I'm damn well saying that.
I bet you most of those who've played the Fable games are 16+.

The series features
"Realistic looking violence -
Nudity of a sexual nature -
Encouragement of the use of alcohol/tobacco -
Content that teaches or encourages gambling"

Oh. I just assumed that Heroes was going to be to Fable what American Nightmare was to Alan Wake. I got my hopes up too high. This could be cool though. It definitely looks better than the Fable II Pub Games.

EvB

Forza Horizon confirmed as Rhythm Action Game.

Halo 4 to feature Authentic Jamie Oliver Recipes

Serious question: Is there a MS owned studio or franchise that they havn't pretty much destroyed this generation?

They seem to have created this incredible gaming platform then systematically dismantle every first party IP.

It's really quite sad. :(

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Ahaha. Holy shit. The HUD icons and characters look worse than placeholders for some flash games I've played. Holy shit. Who are they trying to market this to? Little kids? Why would they even feel the need to brand it as Fable, an M rated series, if they were doing that?

Ravidrath

This is baffling on so many levels.

Why would this be related to Fable? Why not Banjo Kazooie or... well, anything else? Did they think that the Viva Pinata game didn't sell well because it had a license that made a bit more sense?

Also, I'm completely baffled as to why they made the characters avatar-like, but didn't use actual avatars.

Why is everyone saying Mario Party?

Fable Heroes is a fresh spin on the beloved Fable franchise in which up to 4 players play both cooperatively and competitively in this hack-and-slash adventure. Work together as heroes of Albion to defeat familiar foes and new enemies while collecting as many gold coins as possible to unlock upgrades, characters, and items in both this game and Fable: The Journey for Kinect for Xbox 360.

Like I said earlier, it sounds like Fable Castle Crashers.

I get they're supposed to be like Raggedy Ann dolls of the Fable World, like maybe some kid imagining these adventures.
A5gY9.jpg

But man do those characters look like they were beaten to near-death by the fugly stick.

LQX

I know we are use to Fable looking a certain way but how is this almost repugnant to some when the style looks similar to some popular games like Dungeon Defenders or even Bastion?

Doffen

Serious question: Is there a MS owned studio or franchise that they havn't pretty much destroyed this generation?

They seem to have created this incredible gaming platform then systematically dismantle every first party IP.

It's really quite sad. :(

The game isn't even out yet! Who know, maybe this will become the best XBLA ever.

So why have Microsoft 1. Party developers destroyed more than Nintendo?

Top Bottom