• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I can't believe this is the actual box art. WORST COVER EVER.

Dartastic

twcPs.jpg

...yes this needs it's own thread.

why do you guys get so offended by box art? Most people (especially the ones GotY releases are targeting) don't give a shit about how it looks. Most of their box arts are probably paper sleeves from Gamestop.

fernoca

Well...yeah it's "bad".
But keep in mind that, with time more games (and movies, etc.) are competing for the same retail space. So putting it in small/pretty way might make "fans "happy, but not mean much for the unsuspecting customer. :p

If anything, the "solution" should be "that" in a slip-cover and a more cleaner cover inside the case.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Batman: AA GotY was terrible, it's like they literally tried to top it. It actually takes a few second to locate the name of the game on this one.

More people should do reversible covers. Like ICO/SotC Collection. That way they can still do the "Oh my God! Look at how amazing this game is! Look at all the stuff it has! Buy it now!" and still keep the small amount of people who care about box art happy.

Wiz

If you have to actually search to find the actual name of the game on the boxart, something is wrong.

nullset2

Dear god, it's like they saw the satirical photoshop of the Arkham Asylum cover floating around on the web and they decided to just go with it.

And I've rather liked their whole white/red aesthetic with this game, but this cover just takes it waaaay too far. In a way it's so bad it's good, though, it's like it's self-aware "yeah, we are doing the gamez because we want the salez first and foremost, we don't give a fuck".

And I hate people trying to promote/understand/sell games in a fashion similar to how people have been doing with the movie industry for quite some time. "10 out of 10!!!!! BUY IT!!", ridiculous.

Top Bottom