• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

what is the secret to not getting permanently banned from NeoGAF.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've been here a while. #freespeech

• don't be an asshole
  • stay out of heated political debates. they get too convoluted anyway.
  • don't directly address blackace if he (for whatever reason) thinks you're "trolling"

what are some other tips for staying able and active here on NeoGAF.com? i read a lot of old wikipedia entries earlier that claimed having certain opinions about homosexuals or right wing politics would get you banned, but that's bullshit; it falls under the asshole clause.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
insanity that isn't adorable/amusing usually does it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
8ball22ofv.jpg

After every post.

Boss Man

I've found that it's helpful to just be super passive aggressive and subtle when you're insulting people.

There's also a rule that I apply both to real life and to NeoGAF.com which states that you shouldn't say something unless it's more funny than it is mean. This is usually a very solid rule to live by, but there are certain subjects that you're better off just not mentioning at all no matter how hilarious your comment may be. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you which subjects those are. Drink plenty of fluids and always know where the nearest towel is. Don't panic.

-Never name call or lose control of yourself
-Don't post in the gaming forum
-Mix good posts in with your troll/joke posts
-Don't make a bunch of bad threads.
-Don't post in the gaming forum

I've been running this place for years, trust me

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've found that there are usually two reasons:

a) being an idiot by continually shitting up threads
b) sticking to a certain "subsection" of the forum exclusively

Most people have been banned for the first reason, but there is also a healthy amount of representatives from the latter.

Trurl

Banned
Keep a low profile.

If you troll and put forth disingenuous beliefs, remember that many people and perhaps mods will take your posts at face value. Only ironically espouse beliefs that would not get you banned even if those beliefs were sincere.

Keep insults to a minimum.

Posting abstinence is the only guaranteed why to not catch the banned. But if you must post, to minimize banned exposure you should practice safe post control. Wrap up your post with a quick ToS check. In the heat of the moment it can be difficult to remember but it becomes second nature once you get into the habit of doing it. If you're going to post like an adult, you must bear the responsiblity like one and protect yourself and others.

G-Fex

i've been here a while. #freespeech

• don't be an asshole
  • stay out of heated political debates. they get too convoluted anyway.
  • don't directly address blackace if he (for whatever reason) thinks you're "trolling"

what are some other tips for staying able and active here on NeoGAF.com? i read a lot of old wikipedia entries earlier that claimed having certain opinions about homosexuals or right wing politics would get you banned, but that's bullshit; it falls under the asshole clause.

Blame Space you're a cyber bully what do you care about being banned? You're just going to bully someone.

And you can't call video game fanboys.....fanboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom