• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSVita cases revealed [Size Comparison To DS/PSP Cases]

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Credits to Kagari:

vit.jpg

398146050.jpg

chubigans said:
Using the game cart size and this picture:

http://www.psvitahub.com/2011/08/ps-vita-games-will-be-stored-on-nvg.html

I was able to do a dirty size comparison. The cases are indeed small. If anyone has PSP dimensions, I'll add it:

casesizes.jpg
chubigans said:
Repostin' for new page- the comparison for smaller game cases:

casesizes2.jpg
Kinda looks like a blu-ray case.

sephi22

At first I thought you were talking about a protective case.

This is even better. Classy. I hope they're slim. And they're kinda large considering what's inside. DS-level cases would've been better.

Majine

Banned
Nice, I expected the same black bar as PS3/P but with a blue stripe instead of red/yellow but this is way better.

Kuran

Banned
Should not have chosen blue.

Has Sony explained their PSN strategy? Will every VITA release become available as a digital download?

jackdoe

Billychu said:
Is it the lack of scale or are these the same size as PS3 cases?
They're definitely longer. I don't know about wider. Actually, I'll laugh my ass off if they are the size of DVD cases.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yeah, I don't think they're as bit as normal BD movie cases.

I like it though.

I don't like the shape of the game itself though. Ew.

Ellis Kim

Banned
jackdoe said:
They're definitely longer. I don't know about wider. Actually, I'll laugh my ass off if they are the size of DVD cases.
That'd be odd. PSP cases are the same exact height as bluray/ps3 cases. It'd be odd if Vita cases were suddenly taller.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Such a big case for such a tiny little cart. :/

jackdoe

Ellis Kim said:
That'd be odd. PSP cases are the same exact height as bluray/ps3 cases. It'd be odd if Vita cases were suddenly taller.
You're probably right. It's probably just wider than a PSP case then.

basik

I currently carry like 10 ds/3ds games in their boxes with me in my backpack to work everyday... would not work with that bigass box right there... waste of space.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I wonder if these were intentionally made at that size for the purpose of being able to hold both a Vita game and a PS3 disc inside the same package.

Otherwise I don't get why it's so large either.

Gravijah

Kagari said:
http://s1.proxy03.twitpic.com/photos/large/398148788.jpg[/MG][/QUOTE]

Screw you, Sony. What the hell?! I'm seriously considering waiting until one of those colors comes out. Maybe the yellow/orange. Or the green. Or the grey.

Top Bottom