• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

Voror

Mahou Yome 41

Nooo Chise. Stop with the goreee.

Mahou Tsukai no Yome ch41

It's getting pretty gory there. On the bright side heterochromia is pretty cool.

Oh this isn't going to end well.

Has Cartaphilus had one example in this manga where his experiments turned out well? More likely it'll just get worse from here somehow.

Kind of glad we're finally looking to be getting more details on her mother. Hopefully this leads to some sort of closure, though perhaps not.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was reading that comment thinking it can't be real.
But it is, right?

Nachi invites Iwami to a restaurant with the intent of complaining to her that she's using too much of their toilet paper. He says that he "has to get serious as a man to tell her this." Naturally, she assumes he's confessing. (Note: it was obvious it would eventually happen, it's been belligerent sexual tension for 150 chapters or something)

For some reason, the entire conversation progresses such that he believes she is talking about the length and quality of her poop. What is actually happening is that she likes Nachi but she wants to explain to him how she's gotten over Yuu (the MC) because while her feelings for Yuu have been around "longer," they're not as "heavy" as Aoi's feelings. Nachi believes that Iwami is literally comparing her feces to Aoi's and that she's trying to tell him that Aoi has a problem with constipation. When she says she's talked about Yuu on Twitter before, he somehow believes that she names her shits and and posts photographs of all of her bowel movements on Twitter.

Then, he asks her about Aoi being constipated, and she just thinks it's a weird metaphor and that he knows what's happening. Eventually, she says that she accepts his confession and he figures out what's going on and begins to take it back, but she makes a bunch of cutesy faces and he realizes she's hot and decides he'd rather have a hot girlfriend than clarify the toilet paper issue. (Apparently he's supposed to be really fucking stupid for both the shit conversation and also for not noticing the girl was hot (which is a trope I hate)).

Wtf!? I had to read the chapter after your comment....XD
I dropped Fuuka a long time ago, some months after she died...but I remember Nachi being gay. Wtf happened?

He, erm, got over (?) being gay and is dating his (female) homeroom teacher who is also the keyboardist from the Hedgehogs.

Thud

Magi - END

So yeah it finished... I do like how it ends on nonsensical Alibaba tone.

Then again this is another series that broke down after a while. Ever since Magnostadt it tried to go dark. I never felt it justified that transition. Bits and pieces were enjoyable, most of it was Alibab. This last year it was a mess. Should've ended way sooner.

It started as a whimsical adventure with an Arabian Nights vibe. The dungeons were great. Then it had be more battle manga with all kinds of conflicts.

At one point this was a 9 and it's a 6 now after finishing.

Nachi invites Iwami to a restaurant with the intent of complaining to her that she's using too much of their toilet paper. He says that he "has to get serious as a man to tell her this." Naturally, she assumes he's confessing. (Note: it was obvious it would eventually happen, it's been belligerent sexual tension for 150 chapters or something)

For some reason, the entire conversation progresses such that he believes she is talking about the length and quality of her poop. What is actually happening is that she likes Nachi but she wants to explain to him how she's gotten over Yuu (the MC) because while her feelings for Yuu have been around "longer," they're not as "heavy" as Aoi's feelings. Nachi believes that Iwami is literally comparing her feces to Aoi's and that she's trying to tell him that Aoi has a problem with constipation. When she says she's talked about Yuu on Twitter before, he somehow believes that she names her shits and and posts photographs of all of her bowel movements on Twitter.

Then, he asks her about Aoi being constipated, and she just thinks it's a weird metaphor and that he knows what's happening. Eventually, she says that she accepts his confession and he figures out what's going on and begins to take it back, but she makes a bunch of cutesy faces and he realizes she's hot and decides he'd rather have a hot girlfriend than clarify the toilet paper issue. (Apparently he's supposed to be really fucking stupid for both the shit conversation and also for not noticing the girl was hot (which is a trope I hate)).
Ok, I'm fully convinced that Fuuka is some sort of twisted social experiment now. There is no way an actual human being wrote this and had another human being approve this for printing.

remz

Magi - END

So yeah it finished... I do like how it ends on nonsensical Alibaba tone.

Then again this is another series that broke down after a while. Ever since Magnostadt it tried to go dark. I never felt it justified that transition. Bits and pieces were enjoyable, most of it was Alibab. This last year it was a mess. Should've ended way sooner.

It started as a whimsical adventure with an Arabian Nights vibe. The dungeons were great. Then it had be more battle manga with all kinds of conflicts.

At one point this was a 9 and it's a 6 now after finishing.

Yeah I love the initial parts and felt the setting and main 3 characters were the strongest part. It started to lose me around the time of the first big war when people were floating in the sky nuking each other with Extreme magic. the scale was cooler when it was alibaba fencing not nuke wars

Its not that magi went magical nukes, it's that it went from fairly small scale to magical nukes in one short arc and never backed down from it. The magnostadt war is what the scale of the final battle should have been, not the ending of a training arc.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maou-jou de Oyasumi 45

So, the Devil King (inadvertently) pawned off his problem on his brother Hades.

Being Hades is suffering.

casiopao

Chi no Wadachi 15

Well.... we now Hentai???

Ane Naru Mono 14

How to groom demon into our waifu lol. And whats with drawing becoming alive lol

3D kanojo 36

Tsuitsui finally grow some damn balls mrgrgrgrgr

Cross Account 6

Uukhhh. We know that it is 100% not going to be childhood friend ending but that blush still makes me tingle lol.

Hachi Ichi 75

Thats hot lol.

Nonbiri Vrmmo 1-2

Loli imoutos..... and many lolicons lol.

wamberz1

OPM 123

What an incredible fucking chapter. Nonstop intense action with 0 downtime - everyone gets their moment, Garou beasting it up and taking them down one by one. Legitimately heart pounding which is something not often triggered by manga for me. The art was superb and the way movements were illustrated continued to be incredible. I think this and the last chapter might be my favorites in the whole series so far.

OPM 123

What an incredible fucking chapter. Nonstop intense action with 0 downtime - everyone gets their moment, Garou beasting it up and taking them down one by one. Legitimately heart pounding which is something not often triggered by manga for me. The art was superb and the way movements were illustrated continued to be incredible. I think this and the last chapter might be my favorites in the whole series so far.

Yeah it was absolutely superb!
Genos is there though...? It would be ridiculous if Garou beat him in the state he is in now...

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 45

Our princess is in another castle. I'm sure the demon king (v1) will immediately set out to re-kidnap the kidnapped princess, so that his castle can return to its daily state of abject fear and torment. Yep. Immediately.

The Duke of Death and his Black Maid 2

If this manga's theme is 'being duke is suffering', I suspect his meeting with his potential friend will go less successfully than he's hoping. With or without the interference of his maid.

LeleSocho

Banned
I1dcqH6.gif
I1dcqH6.gif

It costed me an arm and a leg for being a phone cover but i'm so happy about it!

DNAbro

My Hero Academia 156

I like this very very angry Deku.
Rl7vElG.png

I'm very wary of Eri's quirk because of the implications of what it can do. Introducing a dues ex machina device like this seems like the worst thing you could do. Maybe it's not as BS as it sounds or maybe the it will be dealt with in a different way( like letting her die) but this is the first time in this series where I'm thinking that this is a really bad idea.

Promised Neverland 59

Love the panel of Emma holding the bazooka. Can't wait to see where the series goes from here.

Thud

Dr. Stone 31

Dying for science. Death Flag lowered.

My Hero Academia 156

I'm not sure if I read the previous one lol. They're outside again. Kinda glad this arc seems to be finished, dragged a bit. Mirio and Nighthawke did their awesome part.

Dr. Stone 31

Dying for science. Death Flag lowered.

My Hero Academia 156

I'm not sure if I read the previous one lol. They're outside again. Kinda glad this arc seems to be finished, dragged a bit. Mirio and Nighthawke did their awesome part.

The first part was a flash back to explain how the girls got to the chisaki battle.

Zweizer

Banned
Dungeon Meshi ch38

I appreciate the way Kui Ryoko manages to keep an atmosphere that's not too heavy after such a devastating encounter. Poor Marcille keeps getting bullied though.

lmao

Futari Monologue ch2

Informal speech is an improtant step towards becoming friends (again (eventually)) after all!

Maou-jou de Oyasumi ch45

It was time for a change of scenery. Let's see how long this other guy last.

Joshikausei ch66

That's one way to do fitness, AKA the win-win solution. I approve.

One Punch-Man ch82

What a turnaround. Kinda bullshit that he went from almost no stamina left to being all springy, but figures he wouldn't be defeated there.

Hatarakanai Futari ch190.3

Such prejudice towards fat people.

Beastars ch54

Legosi sure has a knack for attracting trouble, despite wanting to live a plain and boring life.

Wisdom always comes from the most uenxpected places!

Shokugeki no Soma ch235

It's been a long since we had such a kinky foodgasm.

My Hero Academia ch156

That's a pretty powerful power to have. Guess that's a possible way for Mirio to get back his quirk.

Myuu & I ch8

It's kind of amazing nobody questioned them perpetually wearing a scarf during the contest. On the bright side, they improved someone's day.

Hozuki-san Chi no Aneki + Imouto ch16

It's 6 pages of him spouting nonsense, but that beats him being gratuitously bullied I guess.

spiritfox

Dungeon Meshi 38

The last few chapters have been pretty dark, but man the whole stabbing and blood and cut throat thing is pretty gory. But we're finished with basically the first chapter of this story. I wonder what they're gonna see in the next stratum.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Dungeon Meshi ch. 38

Kabru can jump on a chimera and slash her up no problem, but can't handle Laius' omelette? My dude Kuro was ready to man up to that challenge though.

The Promised Neverland ch. 59

I can respect going for a weapon with four barrels, but c'mon now. The bazooka was clearly the correct choice.

I do like Gilda putting her foot down at the end though.

Thud

Robot x Laserbeam 29

The Prince of Golf did not disappoint.

Promised Neverland 59

Great, now one of them has to die. Thanks Gilda.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Seems like Kabru has some monster-related trauma, which is why he's such a psychopath.

Fantastic chapter by the way, one of the most well balanced chapters in terms of comedy/drama/action I've ever seen.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
MHA This constant narration trying to tell me how to feel is really starting to annoy me. It detracts from the moments a lot more than it adds. Also "Reverse" what? How does that make sense? How does "reverse" erase quirks?

Black Clover Magic circles on your body was kinda cool. Also Ice guy from forever ago was a huge dick. This is what I think the manga does best tbh, it takes small elements you forget about in the beginning of the arc and brings them back. This thing is one of the most Chekov's Gun things I've read in awhile.

Promised Neverland Glad for the smaller cast again. Honestly, I don't give half a shit about any of these other kids. They're all kinda bland and personality-less.

Dr. Stone Those gas masks look pretty cool.

Top Bottom