• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT| ARR: Alpha Closed. Beta mid-Feb

Status
Not open for further replies.

desa

Did they remove the 180 days subscription option? I don't see it. I want as much savings as possible. I still don't think it's worth the normal asking price.

So, with the arrival of patch 1.21, would you guys say the game is fun?

My gf and I played FF11 on/off since release and we were hoping that 14 is on its way towards FF11's quality.

I understand it's clunky, but I really just want to know if you guys think its worth it to play.

Jinko

So, with the arrival of patch 1.21, would you guys say the game is fun?

My gf and I played FF11 on/off since release and we were hoping that 14 is on its way towards FF11's quality.

I understand it's clunky, but I really just want to know if you guys think its worth it to play.

Yup I would recommend it to ex FF11 players, not so much to ex WoW/Aion players.

Every patch its getting better and better.

Most of us use Sargatanas (formerly Lindblum before today's server merge).

The linkshell (guild, legion, whatever in other MMOs) we use is called Red Dot.

Teknoman

Surprised Uverse is the same speed?

Maybe it's where you are, but I'm pretty sure around here it's significantly faster than DSL... I can get up to 24 Mbps in LA.

Oh no I can get much faster...just being cheap atm lol.

Of course looking at my signal stats, the solution could be buying a decent modem/router...so now i'm trying to weight my options before April 6.

We beat Coincounter yesterday and I took a pic:

kXwlE.jpg

It's not a great achivement I know, but the fucker really kick our asses a few times. :)

How are the PLD changes in 1.21a, BTW?

They still can't hack it compared to Warrior in terms of tanking. SE's just gonna have to give it up and let Paladins have an AoE attack, as well as buffing their HP and AF armor. They do however dish out rather decent DPS now that Spirits Within got buffed. It's funny that SE meant for Gladiator to be the more offensive while Paladin was more tank based, yet Paladin is the stronger DPS of the two while Gladiator is a better tank.

Oh, and SE announced they're doing exactly what I said they should do in future fights: making it so ranged DPS isn't better or more desired than melee DPS for future fights, starting with Garuda.

Hello everyone!

We understand your concerns with melee classes being left out because they are having a difficult time on some of the encounters that we have introduced because of the damage they receive compared to ranged classes.

We let the dev. team know your feedback so they will be making balance adjustments to allow melee classes to have a larger role in upcoming battle content such as the Garuda fight in patch 1.22 and what’s in store for patch 1.23. (While I can't give away any details about future battles just yet, I made sure to let the dev. team know that you're wanting new and dynamic encounters! )

Once the above adjustments are implemented and you have tried out the changes, we would love to hear your feedback about the current battles that have stirred up your concerns for the melee classes so we can look into these changes going forward.

Fuck. Yeah.

Jinko

Oh, and SE announced they're doing exactly what I said they should do in future fights: making it so ranged DPS isn't better or more desired than melee DPS for future fights, starting with Garuda.

Fuck. Yeah.

All they need to do is stop having these one shot moves and everyone would be ok, a boss fight to me is about endurance and skill not cheap tricks to wipe you out, especially when the server can't relay the changes in real time.

I find it sad that most parties won't take BLM into Ifrit because of hellfire for example.

Gratz on the Chimera kill guys :D

Cmagus

All they need to do is stop having these one shot moves and everyone would be ok, a boss fight to me is about endurance and skill not cheap tricks to wipe you out, especially when the server can't relay the changes in real time.

I find it sad that most parties won't take BLM into Ifrit because of hellfire for example.

Gratz on the Chimera kill guys :D

Alot of people don't know how to play BLM I think that is why. Chimera was alot of fun we have a solid strategy we figured out last night I want to make a guide but I need to go in so I can get some screens lol.

Riposte

I was thinking about a thread where we explain the changes/improvements and the possibility of me making it. I got kind of discourage because I imagine people would bash the length and also I don't exactly think my name should be tied to the game since I'm not exactly a dedicated fan (I don't play it like a MMORPG). I don't want to be called a viral marketer lol.

Anyway, the eve or the days following the next update sound like a good idea. At that point the game should be fairly presentable, it almost is now. On that thread I figure we could show the changes to Dalamund because that picture gave them the idea to make that thread. I think expressing that the storyline will be going away forever is important since people might really care about it. (I do.)

Allard

I was thinking about a thread where we explain the changes/improvements and the possibility of me making it. I got kind of discourage because I imagine people would bash the length and also I don't exactly think my name should be tied to the game since I'm not exactly a dedicated fan (I don't play it like a MMORPG). I don't want to be called a viral marketer lol.

Anyway, the eve or the days following the next update sound like a good idea. At that point the game should be fairly presentable, it almost is now. On that thread I figure we could show the changes to Dalamund because that picture gave them the idea to make that thread. I think expressing that the storyline will be going away forever is important since people might really care about it. (I do.)

I still think we should wait till 2.0 but maybe leading up to or after 1.22 would be a good time to do that. The main issues a TON of people had with the game when it launched are still not fixed and won't be fixed till 2.0 (And that still remains to proven too). I think caution is our best friend till the game is at a point where people who left will come back and be happy enough to stay for the long term, plus the more content that comes out between now and 2.0, the more they will have to do when they return and hopefully won't get bored too easily.

The stuff people left in droves over is the UI, lag (Although it is has changed greatly for the better since launch, it's still no where near good by today's standard) and horrendous social capabilities. The linkshell system still isn't fixed where you can invite and kick a member from long distances and when they are off. No guild like features (Guild Banks etc), and worst of all no delivery box. These were all very large complaints that stick out like a sore thumb and the minute those people see those features still aren't in game they will likely be far from impressed with the turn around even if the rest of the game is fun and playable now.

Jinko

I agree with Allard, the main problem with the game right now is UI, it stands out like a sore thumb when you compare it to any other MMO out there.

No point getting people to buy the game and subscribe and quit in 2 weeks really, might be worth making a thread but be clear that its still not where it needs to be.

Allard

I guess the point would be to show what is happening up to 2.0, which is a one-time event.

Just color me very cautious. The last time we had a FF14 thread in the gaming section was the announcement of 2.0 and it was just filled with trolls spreading misinformation or extremely bitter people who just constantly referenced the UI, Lag and Social issues. Personally I don't think the 1 year event is working as advertised yet. When we start seeing anomalies showing up every where in the world and start getting a ton more content to stuff that will disappear when 2.0 happens, that is when we should make the thread, and that doesn't look like it will happen till 1.22 at minimum when the Garlean Mobile HQ shows up. Outside of the giant ball of fire in the sky, I really haven't felt anything really dynamic about this event since last year around this time when SE was fiddling with the weather effects and music and the story of the Archons got the large focus. When more stuff like this starts showing up I would love to see someone make a thread on it :)

Mature

The number of totems/nuts needed for a primal weapon is to go down in 1.22:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/40295-Primal-drop-system-still-no-changes-%21?p=616050#post616050 said:
Hello everyone!

We looked into increasing the drop rate and allowing each party member to receive a inferno totem or kupo nut charm with each winning encounter, but instead of touching up on the drop rate, we decided to make adjustments to the number of required totems and nut charms.

In patch 1.22, the below changes are what we have planned:
Inferno Totems: 10 → 5
Kupo Nut Charms: 20 → 10

The reason we decided on this change is because if we changed the drop rate, there would still be unlucky players who would complain that they can't get an item, so we decided to not play with the drop rate and instead just change the amount of items required for exchange for a weapon.

I like this, but probably only because I don't have a primal weapon yet. =(

Jinko

The number of totems/nuts needed for a primal weapon is to go down in 1.22:

I like this, but probably only because I don't have a primal weapon yet. =(

I find it backwards tbh, if they made the totem and nut charm drop 100% they could have left it at 10 and 20 and had the totem and nut charm untradeable.

Allard

I don't get the unlucky players comment since this way you're still dependant of luck.

Its simple really, they want there to be a perceived higher chance at getting the item but they still want randomness to play a part to facilitate an addiction. They want this content to last till 2.0 as 'legitimate' gameplay and unless you can find a way to block peoples progress over time, people will just finish the content within weeks or days. Its either this or lock out timers more then likely and even though I hate the randomness, I loathe lockout timers more.

Jinko

Its simple really, they want there to be a perceived higher chance at getting the item but they still want randomness to play a part to facilitate an addiction. They want this content to last till 2.0 as 'legitimate' gameplay and unless you can find a way to block peoples progress over time, people will just finish the content within weeks or days. Its either this or lock out timers more then likely and even though I hate the randomness, I loathe lockout timers more.

You don't block players progression IMO, that will drive more away in the long run.

There is a huge amount of frustration at the moment because people don't feel as if they are working towards anything because everything lays in the hands of fate,chance and randomness.

By providing 100% drop rate on tokens you are giving people incentive yet prolonging the content at the same time.

Say you have to collect 10/20 tokens for each weapon (what we currently have), each time you kill Ifrit/Moogle/Garuda you are getting one step closer to obtaining the weapon of your choice.

By 1.22 we will have 2 end game dungeons, 3 Primals, hamlet defence and 4 strongholds there is no reason to be adding road blocks any more.

I would gladly settle for 12 hour lockout timers and 100% drops on tokens.

I couldn't have cared less about Ifrit and Moogle from day one mainly because their was no sense of progression.

Sorry for the rant D:

Teknoman

April 7th cant come soon enough. Trying to hold off on doing anything until i've got a 100% (for the most part) dependable connection.

Jijidasu

Has there been any word on when we'll be hearing more 2.0 information? Or at least another live letter?

I've been browsing the forums and I've seen that thread where players have written about what they want in for immersion and so on, really got my hopes up high. I suppose it'd be logical to hold off until E3 and really throw out some substantial media followed by a live letter but man, I'm getting desperate here!

vB4gp.gif

I played this a lot when it came out but quit. I recently got tired of swtor and want to start up again. I know people say wait till 2.0 but I'm fairly certain I'm going to give it a whirl now.

Do people still play at lower levels or is it completely empty?

Jijidasu

I played this a lot when it came out but quit. I recently got tired of swtor and want to start up again. I know people say wait till 2.0 but I'm fairly certain I'm going to give it a whirl now.

Do people still play at lower levels or is it completely empty?

Now that the servers have been merged it's much better for leveling. There's always shouts on Durandal for parties, even at low levels.

I can't say for certain about the other servers but I'd imagine it's the same.

Riposte

Hmmm totally forgot about the easter event! Got to get on that, don't want to miss my achievements. Kid Icarus + Armored Core V + SFxTK are killing my time.

I made a new character on Lindblum (Saragataras or whatever) there are far more people actively running around in this game than on my SWTOR server, if that means anything to anyone.

I got instantly invited to some random link pearl and the offered to pl me and 7 more new players so I went to sleep as a conj and now I'm level 27.

Is there anyway to get in the GAF LS? I"m guessing the OT is outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom