• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bethesda (the Skyrim developer) is making multiple iOS games

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It seems that Bethesda has decided to jump in and make multiple iOS games.

To be clear, this is the game studio, not the publishing label.

ZeniMax Job Website said:
iOS Programmer

Division: Bethesda Game Studios | Department: Programming | Location: Rockville, US-MD, US

Bethesda Game Studios is looking for experienced iOS programmers for unannounced games.

Requirements

-Experience with iOS game development with multiple titles shipped
-Extensive experience programming in Objective C
-Experience with Open GL ES and other 3D technologies
-Passion for making GREAT games, and being part of a GREAT team
-Ability to solve a variety of technical challenges with minimal oversight
-Ability to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of game development
-Experience playing Bethesda Game Studios games a plus
-Follows live blogs of every Apple event a plus
Source: http://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/221 [Via Xbigy]

Khezu

You know what would be cool for an IOS type touch screen? An isometric turn based fallout game.

Too bad they would never do that.

Tobor

Well, they are looking for people who play their games, so presumably it's something that at least shares their values.

I really want somebody to try a full on open world RPG on iOS.

However, I'm going to try not to get overly hyped since this may just turn out to be a Mass Effect: Infiltrator type of thing.

injurai

Banned
That was a lot of clarifying which Bethesda you were talking about. I thought It was the suburb of D.C. at first.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That was a lot of clarifying which Bethesda you were talking about. I thought It was the suburb of D.C. at first.

Well, some people use Bethesda to mean ZeniMax, the publisher.

Unless you weren't being sarcastic, in which case I'll update the title to be more clear.

Christine

Well, some people use Bethesda to mean ZeniMax, the publisher.

Unless you weren't being sarcastic, in which case I'll update the title to be more clear.

I thought ZeniMax was the umbrella company, Bethesda Softworks was the publisher, and the developer is Bethesda Game Studios.

iOS could be a good fit for something like an Elder Scrolls Adventures II.

Hey look, an exclusive preview:

Ninja-Bugs-iPhone-App-Review.jpg

You won't even SEE those bugs coming! As usual.

nyong

Banned
iOS gaming has a bright future ahead. I just hope these are original titles rather than remakes or spin-offs.

Valhelm

contribute something
I'd bet money that they're porting one of the original Fallouts or perhaps creating an entirely new open-world isometric Fallout RPG for the system. I highly doubt that they'd gamble with a handheld Elder Scrolls game, though. The brand is too valuable now for that sort of experimentation.

Trike

I hope they make some hilariously effortless games, just to mess with people. But then also get games mixed up as well. Basically, I am saying I would buy Angry Fruit and Bird Ninja.

Not sure if Morrowind would work, FPSs on touch screen are generally terrible. Even Minecraft plays badly.

it's not like the Elder Scrolls games are about super fast action. They could probably use the "point where you want to go" type of controls form Epic Citadel and get away with it. If they did decide to port an old game, i would hope they streamline the interface big time though.

Top Bottom