• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Arrow S5 |OT| You thought you were out, but Manu Bennett pulls you back in.

IMG_20160920_115706.jpg

You thought I just had one?

At first glance I thought they were floating letters like on Fringe.

This thread is a mess. This thread is a waste.

Get your shit together, ArrowGAF.

No "YOU HAVE FAILED THIS THREAD?" Joke...

For shame.

Im honestly surprised to see that S4 is considered so terrible compared to S3 which had way more attempts at good premises and just fell flat.

Im honestly surprised to see that S4 is considered so terrible compared to S3 which had way more attempts at good premises and just fell flat.

Yep, can't help but feel that last year's reaction was two years of pent-up anger for the show rather than an evaluation of the season.

carlsojo

I liked first and last thirds of previous seasons. Don't fuck up the middle this time and I will be happy.

And bring back Constantine! For Christ's sake!

With how much they're promoting Constantine on CW Seed I would be very surprised if he doesn't show up on Arrow or Legends.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Was it on Arrow Dolph Lundgren would guest star on or was it The Flash?

Like Zero said, Ivan Drago is on Arrow this season. Draco Malfoy is on The Flash.

Joni

With how much they're promoting Constantine on CW Seed I would be very surprised if he doesn't show up on Arrow or Legends.

They're promoting it hard because it is kind of a big get for Seed. It is a lot more known than let's say Birds of Prey.

Oh ffs, he's playing a russian?

Come on..why not a smart swede instead.

Swedes are only allowed to play Russian bad guys.

Watch an entire season of this show more than once?

Ain't nobody got time for all that, I got socks to darn.

This show is my one night stand, we shag... Ollie is out before I get up and he leaves me with a hot pot of coffee and warm slippers.

Perfect relationship.

Hystzen

I'm in just to see the hilarious reason they come up with to get Ollie back on to island for him be picked up by that boat (yeah it obvious now the Ollie being found and taken back to Starling was set up) and get his beard outfit ready

yeah seriously, season 3 and 4 were barely watchable the first time

Watch an entire season of this show more than once?

Ain't nobody got time for all that, I got socks to darn.

This show is my one night stand, we shag... Ollie is out before I get up and he leaves me with a hot pot of coffee and warm slippers.

Perfect relationship.

I mean if that's your train of thought I don't blame you.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
See, I really don't notice those broad strokes of the seasons sucking. I definitely see areas where the writing took major dips (season 4 midseason finale) but otherwise I would say a lot of it was in line with how the show has always been. The flashbacks being less interesting bring down things a little but they've also minimized how much time they take up.

All these CW comic shows sorta occupy this same space of writing where they lack any type of subtly with their messages or what they want you to know. Nobody is analyzing scenes looking for subtext in any of these programs. We always know what a person wants to do, and if they do have a hidden motive, we'll get a shifty side glance before it cuts to commercial.

The only time my brain starts telling me "This really sucks" is when the villain (who is usually the driving force of the season) is lackluster or they retread over something that has been done before. Flash Season 2 did both. Arrow Season 4 did the latter with the Felicity walking out on Oliver. I could never binge the show though, 40 minutes a week spreads out the stupid aspects of these shows for me. If I watched them back to back I'd notice how there is always a warehouse showdown on Arrow. Or how Flash always has his first encounter with the villain, gets knocked back, and then they escape [Cut to commercial as Barry looks bewildered]

See, I really don't notice those broad strokes of the seasons sucking. I definitely see areas where the writing took major dips (season 4 midseason finale) but otherwise I would say a lot of it was in line with how the show has always been. The flashbacks being less interesting bring down things a little but they've also minimized how much time they take up.

All these CW comic shows sorta occupy this same space of writing where they lack any type of subtly with their messages or what they want you to know. Nobody is analyzing scenes looking for subtext in any of these programs. We always know what a person wants to do, and if they do have a hidden motive, we'll get a shifty side glance before it cuts to commercial.

The only time my brain starts telling me "This really sucks" is when the villain (who is usually the driving force of the season) is lackluster or they retread over something that has been done before. Flash Season 2 did both. Arrow Season 4 did the latter with the Felicity walking out on Oliver. I could never binge the show though, 40 minutes a week spreads out the stupid aspects of these shows for me. If I watched them back to back I'd notice how there is always a warehouse showdown on Arrow. Or how Flash always has his first encounter with the villain, gets knocked back, and then they escape [Cut to commercial as Barry looks bewildered]

I just rewatch so I can really get down the themeing of each season and how they connect. And you are right, the show is....consistent despite some of the dips the show takes.

Grizzlyjin

I just rewatch so I can really get down the themeing of each season and how they connect. And you are right, the show is....consistent despite some of the dips the show takes.

Yeah, I'm sure there are so many things that soar over my head as a strictly week to week watcher. It's always interesting seeing the Netflix only watchers experience with the show because they might have a totally different view.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
If Arrow is the worst show you've been watching these last two years you live a pretty privileged life.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
You never start a show to discover it is bad?

"Been watching" as in continuously. If I start a show and it sucks, I stop. Unfortunately for Arrow, it was good once upon a time, so I hate watch it in hopes that it can return to when it was good.

morningbus

If the first 30 seconds of a TV show are good, I'm forced to watch it forever no matter how my opinions might change.

Grizzlyjin

how spoilery?

Not too bad. Maybe like 30 seconds of new footage that hasn't been in the other trailers. Sets up the basic concept of the season. First little look of Dolph. It's only a week away so if you don't want to go in 100% fresh, I'd avoid it.

Do you guys think the new sidekicks are going to last? Or is Oliver going to burn through them fast because none of them are as good as the old sidekicks?

morningbus

Do you guys think the new sidekicks are going to last? Or is Oliver going to burn through them fat because none of them are as good as the old sidekicks?
Wild dog: will be dead by mid-season.
Artemis: will grow disillusioned and join this season's big bad.

The trailer got me hype. Dolph and Chad Coleman? Shit, I'm in for more disappointment.

I hope the mid-season finale is Chad Coleman teaching the rag-tag Arrow kids how to box.

Top Bottom