• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senbatsu 2017 | Japan National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament (Koshien)

Status
Not open for further replies.
o hai new thread <3

that first game was so tense!!

i might miss the second one since going to go out to dinner, will check thread though

i miss koshien waw

Monumma

Wakabayashi Shouhei with the 3run homerun to CF! 4-2 Riseisha!

edit: Ishida is the number 9, lol. Ishida Ryuuji with the HR.

Keikaku

The last 2 strike calls that went Riseisha's way looked a little iffy but maybe the ref has had a wider zone the whole game? Just tuned in. Looks like a good game!

Monumma

Just reading about the end of last game bums me out, I am almost glad I fell asleep.

The current champions are now up 2-0 through 4 inning.

Lucumo

1st hit in the 5th inning.

/edit: Didn't amount to anything.
/edit2: Damn, those battery errors are really costing them. 6-0 after the 6th inning.

Monumma

2run HR in the 9th by SS Oota Hidetake, 9-0.

Matsumoto has 2 hits against, 1 walk, 12 strikeouts in 8 innings.

See you tomorrow.

Lucumo

And it's over, 9-0.

As usual mainichi's stream is unwatchable on my pc, with or without adblock.

Baseball on a 7" tablet, yay.
At least it's better than last year for me. Still unstable though, no idea why. Also have to disable my Adblocker, NoScript and Ghostery to watch this.

Monumma

At least it's better than last year for me. Still unstable though, no idea why. Also have to disable my Adblocker, NoScript and Ghostery to watch this.

I can kinda use it with edge. It leaves the fullscreen every ad and most of the time it doesn't start back the game feed after that so I have to pause/play the stream manually, but at least I can see 3 outs without too much buffering (or, more precisely, I can see the first 2 out and then Otani's face signalling the 3rd out).

No problem with the android app though, I may look into a solution to cast the whole tablet screen on a tv.

Beckx

I couldn't do it, passed out in the 4th inning of the Riseisha game. And the full game replays on the MBS page seem to be screwed up, too. I guess I'll just catch up on highlights.

2run HR in the 9th by SS Oota Hidetake, 9-0.

Matsumoto has 2 hits against, 1 walk, 12 strikeouts in 8 innings.

See you tomorrow.

really, damn, they may surprise people again

Lucumo

It definitely looks to be one...which I dislike. Have to get up in 7 hours for work, even if I start at the for me latest possible moment.
Alternative would be to try sleeping early to get up early for the second or third game.

Beckx

lol

True

This is a pretty fun game even though neither of these teams is going anywhere. That's today's theme generally.

akileese

lol

True

This is a pretty fun game even though neither of these teams is going anywhere. That's today's theme generally.

Yeah. I noticed last night that there definitely seemed to be a lot of plays where I thought "Wow! This seems like a pretty high level for high school baseball even if it is the National tournament!". This game looks more like what I expect.

This is still a fun game though.

Fugu

I'm guessing from the thread that a lot of people are having issues with streaming. I'm getting absolutely nothing from the webpage.

Lucumo

Doai must love Italian food because he is serving up so many meatballs in the middle of the plate.

Meatballs aren't really an Italian thing. Sweden is mostly associated with it.

Also, tie again...which is good.

I'm guessing from the thread that a lot of people are having issues with streaming. I'm getting absolutely nothing from the webpage.
If you are using addons, better try and disable them (especially if it's adblock or noscript or anything of that sort).

Still having the same problems as yesterday, with the stream suddenly stopping from time to time.

Beckx

Hey man, in the US, meatballs are Italian, like pizza and Italian subs. I don't make the rules!

No, it's solid today with the best quality in years - yesterday was a nightmare, though. Turn off adblockers and if that doesn't work, try a different browser. If that fails, the app should be fine.

(I have had the stream freeze a couple of times, but I'll take that compared to last year's sd video)

Quality of the live games has been great for me today and yesterday.

The archived videos of yesterday's games have been trash for me though on chrome and firefox. Every once in awhile it'll go crystal clear quality then immediately go back to being fuzzy.

Beckx

Yeah, yesterday's archives are fucked up. I assume that's related to how bad the streams were. I can't even get the Riseisha archive to play.

It looks like MBS stepped up their game interms of bandwidth/quality but were completely unprepared for day 1 load.

Beckx

I don't think I've ever seen so many dudes come up to the plate with Hit By Pitch listed in their prior at bats.

Monumma

Bases loaded, 1 out in the bottom of the 8th, Sutou Hayate at the plate. Double play.

edit: What. A. Throw. By. Usui.

Fugu

If you are using addons, better try and disable them (especially if it's adblock or noscript or anything of that sort).

Still having the same problems as yesterday, with the stream suddenly stopping from time to time.
This did it, thanks. It's quite odd though because I tried it in a different browser and had no success.

Monumma

I hope he is ok. Getting injuried in the spring of your third year and missing the last year would be shitty. Even not factoring in that he was pitching in the koshien.

Extra innings!

edit: Nakamura with the rbi single, 9-8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom