• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT4| Permanent Skill-Up any day now...

Hana-Bi

Need one bind socket to max my Kizaru. Hopefully I don't need to farm him that much. Messed my first two runs up because I forgot my team I used to clear him. Now I use a double IntHawk team with 3d2y Zoro, Law, Doc Q and Doffy.

MiTYH

Me: Alright, I think I've got a solid Inhtawk/Mihawk team to finally beat Kizaru effortlessly!

*gets a "MISS" on boss stage*

.....yup. Never should take on raid bosses before coffee.

EDIT: Alright, got it on the second try by not stinking.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...18:99,15:50,590:70C4,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R5S100H

Mihawk/Inthawk captains are interchangable depending on who you have. Very easy team to run with assuming you hit perfect in the final stage. Just stall without damage on stage 1, stall normally on turtle/lobster for 2, take no damage (or one hit I think is allowed) on stage 3 or 4, using GP on stage 4 to get rid of the marine and by some time. Boss stage, attack normally once, then law (3 orbs needed in good places), Koza, Mihawk, Doffy, and kill. INTHawk next for the KO.

HabeeNo

Me: Alright, I think I've got a solid Inhtawk/Mihawk team to finally beat Kizaru effortlessly!

*gets a "MISS" on boss stage*

.....yup. Never should take on raid bosses before coffee.

EDIT: Alright, got it on the second try by not stinking.

http://optc-db.github.io/damage/#/t...18:99,15:50,590:70C4,10B0D0E1365Q0L0G0R5S100H

Mihawk/Inthawk captains are interchangable depending on who you have. Very easy team to run with assuming you hit perfect in the final stage. Just stall without damage on stage 1, stall normally on turtle/lobster for 2, take no damage (or one hit I think is allowed) on stage 3 or 4, using GP on stage 4 to get rid of the marine and by some time. Boss stage, attack normally once, then law (3 orbs needed in good places), Koza, Mihawk, Doffy, and kill. INTHawk next for the KO.

Gonna use your team to beat him on 60 Stamina lol

Didn't think about using GPU on the Pacifistas before to buy time, totally dumb of me. Having Doffy at 25 CD is a pain :(

Also, could I replace Law with Borsalino? Since his special heals and gives positive orbs, maybe it'll work even tho he's not a Dex character(?)

MiTYH

Gonna use your team to beat him on 60 Stamina lol

Didn't think about using GPU on the Pacifistas before to buy time, totally dumb of me. Having Doffy at 25 CD is a pain :(

Also, could I replace Law with Borsalino? Since his special heals and gives positive orbs, maybe it'll work even tho he's not a Dex character(?)

Using Borsalino might work... I'd check the damage calculator to be sure. You lose the boosted DEX from Law, but gain INTHawk and Borsalino boosted, so in theory, yes? Let us know how it turns out!

bobohoro

Works fine:

RdcNiNQ.png

3D2Y Luffy the new MVP on INTHawk teams.
Should even work with a single Great if you got good damage on turn 1.

Will probably farm him on natural stamina for the time being. Although skill-up coming so soon is neat, but oh well.

And of course it's another day of being sad that I never maxed my Shiki, or even got him close to being useable:

7n28AuR.png

I mean, the team would clear the raid even without a Shiki special, but still, nearly 4M damage with his active would be fun.
Gladius can be replaced with Duval I think, although his final evo isn't Driven. Might need his 1st/2nd form without Shiki to deal enough damage.

EMT0

Banned
The RNG was rolled (a lot, I got Buggy three times) and the first chosen character to come up is..!

10. 'Hawk Eyes' Mihawk, World's Strongest Swordsman - MiTYH

This is actually perfect timing considering these last few posts have been on INTHawk teams. What do we do now? We more or less give our opinions, post good teams involving INTHawk, and supply good subs for him. Feel free to post anything you like on the guy, especially asking others questions and advice, as we're all in this together. This is the post that will contain the format for the post where we tie it all up. MiTYH, go ahead and quote the post to copy and paste it and we'll all do the rest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To start us off, I'll post my variant of the 'Dream Team' for Slashers starring Mihawk.

YOxYKq8.png

It more or less manages to cram everything you could want for a one-turn burst team, which is the ideal for INTHawk due to his amazing special; deal half the damage you output on the previous turn back at your enemies. It also shows off Rare Recruit Momonga, G5 Tashigi, and Raid Doflamingo which are the best conditional attack booster, affinity booster, and orb booster for Slashers in the game. Borsalino is a surefire way to get all matching orbs on your team and a strong Slasher Legend to boot, while Timeskip Brook is in the top three Slasher boosters in the game while also having wonderful synergy with Raid Momonga due to his delay, which triggers Momonga's conditional boost.

And the very next turn assuming whatever you slammed into A) Survived or B) Revived, they're almost assuredly dead thanks to Mihawk's special. Incredibly deadly.

I've been using this SW Ace team because I find it way faster than my old one that used SW franky and Heracles.

6iWxgxV.png

On Kizarus turn he shuffles orbs. I don't actually know if you can manipulate this at all with closing the app. i've just gotten lucky each time with int on hancock/psy on zephyr then used Doffy, Hancock, Zephyr, one SW ace and Izo for a full set of matching. Once one Ace had a PSY orb, which wasn't an issue since Doffy got a red along with the other DEX characters. But that tells me his shuffle has some degree of randomness to it. So I don't know how consistent this team actually is, its just worked for me so far (10 runs in)

Anyone know exactly how Kizarus orb shuffle works?

EMT0

Banned
I've been using this SW Ace team because I find it way faster than my old one that used SW franky and Heracles.

6iWxgxV.png

On Kizarus turn he shuffles orbs. I don't actually know if you can manipulate this at all with closing the app. i've just gotten lucky each time with int on hancock/psy on zephyr then used Doffy, Hancock, Zephyr, one SW ace and Izo for a full set of matching. Once one Ace had a PSY orb, which wasn't an issue since Doffy got a red along with the other DEX characters. But that tells me his shuffle has some degree of randomness to it. So I don't know how consistent this team actually is, its just worked for me so far (10 runs in)

Anyone know exactly how Kizarus orb shuffle works?

Kizaru shuffles your orbs while skewing them to be bad but not guaranteeing it. I'm actually curious what it skews as if you have something like Lucci's special. Anyways, there's no real guarantee on it but 99% of the time you should be getting 3+ bad orbs. So you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

mileS

I'll get Kizaru next time around. Space is 3 away from full with Aokiji and Alvida. Speaking of Aokiji I had a quick question. I know his special doesn't stack with other dmg buffs (obviously) But can I use it to lock my orbs and override the dmg buff with another character (Koala for instance) in the same turn? Basically just use him for an orb lock in some cases.

EMT0

Banned
I'll get Kizaru next time around. Space is 3 away from full with Aokiji and Alvida. Speaking of Aokiji I had a quick question. I know his special doesn't stack with other dmg buffs (obviously) But can I use it to lock my orbs and override the dmg buff with another character (Koala for instance) in the same turn? Basically just use him for an orb lock in some cases.

Yep, you can. Just use the class booster first, then use Aokiji's special.

mileS

Yep, you can. Just use the class booster first, then use Aokiji's special.
And that also saves me from trying it the other way around first lol. Thanks. Really happy I went all out with him now. He will get lots of use on TS Luffy/Blackbeard teams for me.

Kizaru shuffles your orbs while skewing them to be bad but not guaranteeing it. I'm actually curious what it skews as if you have something like Lucci's special. Anyways, there's no real guarantee on it but 99% of the time you should be getting 3+ bad orbs. So you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

Ok, that's good to know. Thanks!

Hana-Bi

Got my last bind socket for Kizaru after 10 copies.

20 Jimbe books and Jabra sockets are 5/5/5/2 for bind/heal/damage/despair. Really wished we got the Ace island with the specific tomes for such situations. Blueno is even worse. 1/4/4/5 sockets for now.

MiTYH

From what I've seen, he gives you bad orbs if you don't have TND/RCV on the slot. If you do, it's a random one (which could be weak too, of course). I just did some testing with Law, since my Koza had a TND. Every restart, Koza got a random, even matching once, while everyone else got a weak orb

EMT0

Banned
From what I've seen, he gives you bad orbs if you don't have TND/RCV on the slot. If you do, it's a random one (which could be weak too, of course). I just did some testing with Law, since my Koza had a TND. Every restart, Koza got a random, even matching once, while everyone else got a weak orb

That...would explain how I got double DEX orbs on Blackbeard after his shuffle. Good to know! Speaking of Kizaru, I'm now at 33 copies of him, and I think I'll make my goal for today 50 which should get me to ~15 CD which is more than usable when it counts. Sure, I won't be using him to lower my CDs while clearing content but that's pretty far down the priority list considering I don't have the sockets to back up aspirations of clearing content quickly.

Kyou

close enough to a level up that I'd only get one Kizaru before leveling up if I gemmed, but far enough away that he'll be gone before I can get enough stamina.

I think I might just stop at 15. I won't have a chance of finishing him off this time but he's already more than usable and next time I'll hopefully have a socketed Mihawk to make it easier.

EMT0

Banned
I need 8 more Kizarus to hit 50, I've got plenty of time. So I took a short break to think about Slasher orb manipulators that go well with INTHawk. The obvious one-man solution is Kizaru, who gives you full matching orbs.

A less obvious but still guaranteed solution is DEX Law + Doc Q + Doflamingo; you'd probably be running Doffy anyways so it's not really a three unit combo so much as it is a two unit combo. Law gets you TND, RCV, and DEX orbs, Doffy lets you put DEX orbs on Law, Doffy, and units that self-orb(ex. 3D2Y Zoro), and Doc Q turns TND/RCV orbs into matching orbs. If you don't get what you want, you can always reroll. Blenheim does something similar in that he turns TND/RCV into matching orbs, although it stacks your team even more DEX heavy with at least three DEX units.

The F2P answer to this combo is Story Croc + Coliseum Vista + Doffy, in that you reroll orbs with Croc until you're happy with what you've got, use Doffy to get orbs where they're needed, and use Colo Vista to get rid of your mistmatched orbs and put matching orbs in their place. It'll take more rerolls to get what you want, but you can eventually get full matching orbs if they're needed, or get the orbs that you need to clear between an orb shuffler and Vista.

The downsides to not using Kizaru are obvious, it takes more than one unit to match your orbs and you've got to drop other units like conditional attack boosters or G5 Tashigi. Also (obviously) being a Legend, getting him is always in question, assuming he isn't your friend captain. But if he isn't your friend captain, the big positive is that you can run other great Slasher friend captains like Timeskip Zoro or Legend Law to get bigger bursts that can compensate for your lost unit.

Then of course, there's Kinemon who not only gives you 2 or 3 matching orbs, he'll also reduce the cooldowns of your Slasher units letting you kill things that much faster. F2P INTHawk owners are going to have a field day when Kinemon and Legend Zoro drop:

om4GAiW.png

All you need is one STR orb from Croc's orb shuffle to guarantee full matching orbs. This team gets even better once Coliseum Suleiman drops and can replace Story Croc, as Suleiman is a self-activating F2P conditional attack booster, similar to Monet. That'll get you matching orbs on everybody but Kinemon unless you farm his orb in anticipation, plus even more damage.

EMT0

Banned
And done, 50 copies. Feelsgoodman.jpg

But I have no QCK dragons so I've gotta wait a few days to evolve then feed copies ;____;

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So behind on Jinbe books. Only have 8 or so. Want 30. Ugh. Each run only takes 2 minutes so hopefully I can power through with a few gems between now and next week. Worst part is that Marco books are coming :/

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Haven't been playing much at all the last few weeks (only got one copy of vista actually) due to a zelda addiction.

Kizaru raid is so fun with double ace, izo, heracles, zephyr, and SW Franky.

I finished socketing my legend Kizaru. Felt like it took all day but it's done. Raid Kizaru is still at 5 bind/2 despair/4 autoheal despite the fact that I fed 70 copies the first time he came around but I'll tackle that another time.

I'm not touching this sugo, especially after feeling particularly burned after the anni sugo. Not to say Akainu isn't amazing but TS Luffy stole a bit of his thunder coming out before him. I won't be pulling until the rest of the TS strawhats come out.

commish

Yeah I'm definitely waiting for next TS straw hats. This had trap banner written all over it.

RedBoot

All right, all right, new plan for beating YWB:

1. Pull Akainu during the sugo
2. Beat YWB

It's going to be tough since I can only really afford to do one pull, but it's fine, I feel pretty good about it. :p

Got 17 Kizarus. Wanted 20, but I ran out of time. I only need 5 more skill ups so that should get me really close (although he's at 16 now which is already usable).

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I wont pull because i miss the stones...but the boosted units arent that bad in my opinion....Smoker, Tashigi, Momonga, Garp, Caesar, Vergo etc.

But i think ill wait for Legend Zoro and TS Brook.

Tidd

RIP raid Doffy :( (at least for for Slasher teams, which is a good thing because one DEX character less)
Invasion Cavendish boosts orb by 2 or if above a certain amount of HP it is by 2.25!!! for Slashers only.

And global will get 6*+ Whitebeard at the same time we get Y. Whitebeard. And here I thought I could skip him. :/ Doubt that I have a team that can beat him without orb luck.

MiTYH

Damn, global catching up fast. Already getting 6+ units. Besides chopper missions, and the obvious islands that we're behind on, and Ray shop cycles, are we really missing anything from JPN?

commish

Need to upgrade my WB! Was going to skip YWB but now i can. Going to try Shiryu cheese.

cw_sasuke

Need to upgrade my WB! Was going to skip YWB but now i can. Going to try Shiryu cheese.

Hope you get that skull...from what i read the droprate is quite low....add this to the lowish rate to even fight YWB this could take forever with a Shiryu cheese team.

Majukun

still no snails...at this point we are going to get the meat rate up without the snails to actually benefit from it...

Hana-Bi

Getting WB 6+ is nice. Still not sure how and when I can farm in this clash of clashes. Sadly I'm away from home...

And with the Akainu sugo I'll pull for Momonga but I won't be able to farm his sockets if I'd pull him...

commish

Hope you get that skull...from what i read the droprate is quite low....add this to the lowish rate to even fight YWB this could take forever with a Shiryu cheese team.

Oh man, why did I think it was a guaranteed drop?! haha, forget it. I heard YWB is tough as it is. I thought I could cheese for one. I don't need WB+ that much just yet.

mileS

Watched a video on how to beat YWB. Ummm yeah. That is the hardest fight yet. Absolutely ridiculous. It's cool that we are getting him but I can't imagine many people are truly ready for him.

RedBoot

RIP raid Doffy :( (at least for for Slasher teams, which is a good thing because one DEX character less)
Invasion Cavendish boosts orb by 2 or if above a certain amount of HP it is by 2.25!!! for Slashers only.

Because if any class needed a new toy, it was Slashers. :p Where's the love for Strikers and Cerebral?

6+ WB is cool, though it doesn't matter to me since I don't have WB and I'll be lucky to even beat YWB, much less get a rare drop. But I do have an extra Boa lying around, so hopefully 6+ Boa isn't far behind. Maybe when we get Shanks?

MiTYH

So skillup is live tonight, which is good since I'm just about hitting boxspace limit again (do we have more than 1000? I haven't checked)

New coliseum units coming, and for me, Wapol is back. I never farmed him at all, but at 2x stamina rewards, I think I can finally get him at a good enough level. He's not completely useless since I've seen him listed in a bunch of guides recently. Should eventually try to get his story version to but.... meh.

Is it general practice to have both his STR and QCK FN? Sounds like a lot of farming, but since I got Sengoku, and they're both 20 cost or less, I might be inclined to go for it, or at least to get the specials to a more manageable level

EDIT: Forgot to look at box space for skillups. It hasn't been that long since the last one, but I'm sitting on:
- 6 Fossa Books (hoping to finally max)
- 10 Squard Books
- 17 Sugar Books
- 15 Hack Books
- 9 SW Usopp Books
- 27 RR Moriah Books

- 24 Olvia copies
- 32 Saul copies
- 17 Jabra copies (only one I'm feeding to his FN, I find the others better for RR sockets right now)
- 14 Perona copies (2 levels away, WILL SHE FINALLY BE DONE?!)
- 6 FN Fukuro copies
- 4 Enel copies (should really gem him next time, but I'm waiting for a mystical 1/2 stamina one)
- 6 Aokiji copies

Kyou

I'm not hoarding much for this skill up

22 Doffy books
20 Jinbe
Handful of Violet books
5 Sabos
15 Kizaru

That's pretty much it

RedBoot

It did come around pretty quick. I think it was only like 4 weeks? I'd be okay with that as a regular thing, though.

22 3D2Y Robin books
6 3D2Y Franky books
19 SW Usopp books
21 Story Moria books

17 Kizarus
80 Vistas + 19 books
23 Olvias
29 Sauls
1 Sabo

ExVicis

So books/copies wise I'm doing alright.

Got
5 Jinbe books (I had bad luck on them)
9 Fossa books
2 Books/Copies of Alvida
10 Vista Books/Copies
8 3d2y Robin Books
8 SW Usopp books
12 Blackbeard Copies
4 Sabo Copies
2 Enel Copies
3 Heracles-un Copies
2 Hannybal Copies
4 Kizaru Copies

So I've got a lot of hopeful skill-ups possibly ahead. Really hoping Blackbeard gets a lot so I can have a consistently stable Max Stam Doffy Clash Team.

skillupz:

squard: 32 books
colo alvida: 6 books
3d2y robin: 29 books
dc usopp: 38 books
story mory: 21 books
colo paulie: 6 books

dupes:

fn kumadori: 31 copies
colo alvida: 28 copies
raid enel: 5 copies
fn fukuro: 20 copies
colo paulie: 2 copies
fn blueno: 28 copies

bobohoro

Kinda unsure what to do next week:

Farm Wapol for Jabra books, although I don't need anything else from the FN. My Jabra is still at zero skilll-ups, but Revolutionary Army FN is coming up in a few weeks and that looks pretty decent for farming, including Jabra books as well. Although maybe global will switch them around?

Continue with CP9 for Squard books as well as Jabra/Kumadori sockets.

That said, coli/raids will take priority, so it's really only important for 2 or 3 days during the week.

Oh yeah, as for skill-up:

books:

8 Allmighty manuals and 8 LegLucci books. Unsure if I'll feed them this time or continue to wait until permanent skill-up.
2 Kid
6 Fossa
6 Squard (for now)
9 Colo Urouge
4 Trebol
3 MF Luffy (will probably wait on those)

dupes:

11 Colo Urouge
12 Young Arlong
14 Enel
8 FN Fukuro
5 Kizaru
25 Heracles
13 FN Blueno
10 Nico Oliva
7 Saul
5 Aokiji

So yeah, nothing too big. Although I might finally max Enel and Heracles. Will also max Kuma/Buster Call in the coming days, gems be damned.

In terms of sugo? 1 pull or 2, featured RRs are rather decent, but nothing to waste a multi on.

Majukun

so..tomorrow is skillup again,time for the traditional list..not much to put in it though

copies + skillbooks

kizaru 20 (4 from max)
vista 17+7 (2 from max)
"4 star moria" 16
"5 star moria" 9
sabo 73

cw_sasuke

Only thing relevant:

OG acc:
13 Legend Doffy books
6 RR Kalifa books
6 RR Squardo books

After this skill up i will only log-in on this account while saving stones and focus on my newer account.

Oh man, why did I think it was a guaranteed drop?! haha, forget it. I heard YWB is tough as it is. I thought I could cheese for one. I don't need WB+ that much just yet.

Yeah - i think only the people who really need him to clear new content will go for the skull. If i i Legend WB i would have tried to get it....but it seems like a ridiculous time investment unless you get really lucky or have a kickass team that can clear it fast.

Top Bottom