• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Waypoint Thread: Vice City Stories

Decided to jump back into the podcast and I'm bummed Rob Zachny joined. No offense to him, I respect his opinions but I cannot stand his voice. He always sounds out of breath and it makes me feel the same. I remember skimming through GWJ podcast whenever he was on and now I'm doing the same thing whenever he talks here. Ah well.

Huh, just today I was thinking the polar opposite... he's pretty much the perfect podcaster. He has a good voice, tons to say in an entertaining way, and he's a really clear speaker. It's an unbeatable triple threat.

Also he likes obscure RPGs and strategy games which is like, the path to my heart.

LiK

I have no idea what you're on, I love The Zac! He has the best podcasting voice!

Huh, just today I was thinking the polar opposite... he's pretty much the perfect podcaster. He has a good voice, tons to say in an entertaining way, and he's a really clear speaker. It's an unbeatable triple threat.

Also he likes obscure RPGs and strategy games which is like, the path to my heart.

I tried guys. But I cannot stand his voice. I like his opinions and writings but something about his voice is just unlistenable to me. Maybe I'll try again in the future. But for now, I'm just skimming lol

Edit: maybe I'll try speeding up the podcast when he talks.

Brakke

Banned
I love Rob's podvoice, too. He has a certain deliberate pace, almost sounds like a trained radio voice. Not sure what it is in the cadence, it's like dude really pronounces his commas or something.

Lijik

Rob has this like NPR cadence that i find grating in more conversational casts (no offense to Rob ofc dude talks the way he talks lmao). It really bugged me in Idle Weekend where he's 50% of the conversation but here its bothered me a lot less than I thought it would when he joined waypoint.

Quasar

Decided to jump back into the podcast and I'm bummed Rob Zachny joined. No offense to him, I respect his opinions but I cannot stand his voice. He always sounds out of breath and it makes me feel the same. I remember skimming through GWJ podcast whenever he was on and now I'm doing the same thing whenever he talks here. Ah well.

Whereas I'm just a bit bummed by its impact on Three Moves Ahead.

Catvoca

Banned
I really like Rob on the podcast and think he balances the discussion a lot but I also have zero interest in the types of games he plays. Whenever Austin asks him about the PC strategy game he's playing this week, I find myself tuning out.

So Waypoint Radio is hosted on acast.com now? I only noticed the switch because my RSS feed's view history got reset.

Kinda hilarious it's named Vice Gaming's New Podcast there.

Edit: Wait, is the RSS feed strictly for streaming the Woopcast through that other site now? (For those sick dynamic ads.) No way to download an mp3 from there? What an awful change...

Lindsaymv

I've only played Kingdom Hearts 1 but I kind of agree. I had a great time with it overall but lots of things about the combat irked me at the time. I'm sure they've improved as they went on and I want to pick up some of the remaster at some point but I get why Patrick might feel that way.

Jeffrey

I'm curious why Patrick hates how Kingdom Heart plays. Maybe he finds it too mashy?
For me the jump feels had. The weapon feels squishy and not great. The whiffle bat in the beginning of 2 is accurate.

Also having to cancel your combo because the final hit smacks enemies away is annoying lol.

convo

I've only played Kingdom Hearts 1 but I kind of agree. I had a great time with it overall but lots of things about the combat irked me at the time. I'm sure they've improved as they went on and I want to pick up some of the remaster at some point but I get why Patrick might feel that way.

Patrick should do interviews with KH speed runners to see what people find fun in the combat of these games. Because boy there's a whole new world of things i didn't know about and they can hold a conversation about the gameplay mechanics. The speed runners of these games probably have even less of an idea what the story of the games are than Patrick if he can even remember it being convoluted since they don't bother with cutscenes anymore. I have completly drained the story out of my head and it couldn't matter less with my enjoyment of these games nowadays. I think several mods on Gaf could write an article about the KH combat system and its various forms.

Man... Five boats! FIVE!!

PUB keeps shocking me with every video.

And major props to the producer on that same PUB vid. The boat music, and its timing, was incredible stuff. Straight outta Final Fantasy.

One thing that kind of twists the knife a bit is that Mike Diver recommended Austin Walker to whoever was looking for an EiC, if I'm remembering the anecdote right.

Jintor

this week's condiment war was amazing not just because of how fiercely it was fought but because it was apparently fought in ignorance of the next european splatfest which is mayo v ketchup

Jintor

it might have indirectly inspired alex's initial tweet that drew the battlelines on Waypoint but I don't think he mentioned it specifically so even though they were talking about splatoon 2 moments before it didn't actually have anything to do with it

nonetheless, that audio will surely be deployed as a weapon in the inevitable destruction to follow

Joeku

this week's condiment war was amazing not just because of how fiercely it was fought but because it was apparently fought in ignorance of the next european splatfest which is mayo v ketchup

...This the is realest "both sides" shit. Fuck all of that.

sheaaaa

Mike Diver wrote a lot of good stuff on Waypoint and as someone who couldn't care less for streams and personalities I think I'll be visiting the site a lot less.

Top Bottom