• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man 1-6 Coming to 3DS

sphinx

the piano man
shame there's no MM1-6 compilation on retail for $29.99, that would be interesting

better yet, remake MM2 in the style of powered up, charge the moneys and I'll buy it.

This will be followed by Mega Man 2 on February 7, with the rest of the games coming in regular intervals throughout 2013. You'll soon have the whole collection on one handheld!

I'm not sure spreading them out over an entire year counts as "soon".

Neato. I've never played the original Mega Man games before (only Zero/ZX/Advent), so it'll be nice to finally see what all the hubbub's about.

bounchfx

shame there's no MM1-6 compilation on retail for $29.99, that would be interesting

better yet, remake MM2 in the style of powered up, charge the moneys and I'll buy it.

there is, just not for 3ds :\

would be really cool if they brought both MM Collection and MMX collection to 3ds.

Murrah

Banned
Pretty cool even if being that spread out is annoying. I get that it's to spread it out for the whole year, but most people aren't going to care about getting Mega Man 6 next fall

How about the GameBoy Mega Man V while we're at it?

Tizoc

Why not just sell all 6 games as a collection for $20 for the eShop? Ah well will let my brother know about this. I think they may release a compilation release by June or eventually, so I'll prob. get that or just Megaman 2, as it's my fav. of the classics.

Jb

Awesome! I bought MM1 (my very first Mega Man) off the EU eshop and really enjoyed it. There's a lack of good, hard platformers on that machine and this should cover it.

Mr. Fix

How do these classics look on the 3DS XL? I know that DS games don't look too good due to the stretch. I was planning on buying other NES classics (LoZ) as well.

ugh ...I mean, that's great but I've already bought them on VC and have The PS2 Anniversary Collection

Would have preferred some sort of compilation or somethin'

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down

We want to SAVE Mega Man.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
A compilation would have been preferable but this gives me the chance to earnestly go through every title with enough time while anticipating the next one. I'm on board.

Robin64

How do these classics look on the 3DS XL? I know that DS games don't look too good due to the stretch. I was planning on buying other NES classics (LoZ) as well.

The NES and the 3DS both have the same vertical resolution, so NES games looks superb on the 3DS. No stretching at all and they fill the screen nicely. (In terms of height, anyway. They're 4:3ish, so there are black borders down the side, but that's way better than stretching them)

Balb

I wish they'd bring 9 and 10 to 3DS (and/or Vita) as well.

I feel an obligation to buy these games to support the series.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I keep getting the impression that Nintendo is afraid of too many portable eshop realeases at once in NA. As if it would devalue the eshop - wouldn't be surprised if NOA was blocking fast releases.

ElFly

Cool, hopefully they won't stretch it out all of 2013.

It'd be cooler if they put 9 and 10 in there too.

Top Bottom