• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this goes on much longer. Perhaps Sony should give out these instead.

1znoshk.jpg

Joke :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
ukresistance said:
If this goes on much longer. Perhaps Sony should give out these instead.

hurrdurr.jpg

Joke :)

HURR DURR

Come on PSN, I want to play Portal 2 already.

fernoca

I do hope that is not like last week, were they waited till late in Friday to say that "sorry we don't work during weekends, so keep waiting". :/

I just realized something. No exact date on the blog = not up anytime soon. You just know if it was going up today, they'd announce that a few days ago. It won't come up out of nowhere.

micster

jetsetfluken said:
I just realized something. No exact date on the blog = not up anytime soon. You just know if it was going up today, they'd announce that a few days ago. It won't come up out of nowhere.
They wont announce a date a few days before because of the backlash if they inevitably missed it. They will make a blog about it a few hours to a day of when it'll go up.

Has Randy Pitchford's take on PSN hack been mentioned?
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has condemned the "cyber-terrorists" responsible for bringing down the PlayStation Network, calling on gamers to support not attack Sony as it works to restore services.

Speaking to Eurogamer this morning in London as part of a promotional tour for Duke Nuke Forever, Pitchford said: "Every one of us who plays games on PlayStation Network – and especially Sony – we're all victims of cyber-terrorism.

"We should all be rallying our support, hating the terrorists, wishing to dismantle that problem, because that could strike at any time and disrupt our fun and disrupt our way of life as gamers."

He argued that much of the ire so far, therefore, had been directed at the wrong target.

"It's freakin' terrible. [The hackers] are evil, they're criminal," he said. "We're all throwing darts at Sony – we should all give 'em hugs and help 'em out.

"It's the first time we've experienced it in the games industry and I think we're failing in how we respond to it. Everyone who is attacking Sony right now is failing. We need to attack cyber-terrorists."

On the day that news broke of a separate hacking of Square-Enix's user database, Pitchford expressed fears that the PSN attack could prove "inspiring".

"Other people that want to feel that kind of result now have examples they can look at which could inspire them," he said. "Wow, cyber-terrorism is now an inspiration for other cyber-terrorists? We need to stomp this sh*t out and kill it."

Acknowledging that online systems would always be at risk of a hacking attempt, he argued that, "The best thing is to try and create a culture where that behaviour is not acceptable human behavior."
Hackers = terrorists :p WRONG! Only griefers are terrorists.

jetsetfluken said:
I don't expect them to tell us when it's going to re-launch, they've already missed enough of their own deadlines.

micster said:
They wont announce a date a few days before because of the backlash if they inevitably missed it. They will make a blog about it a few hours to a day of when it'll go up.

True. Up today confirmed!

micster

jetsetfluken said:
True. Up today confirmed!
I reckon it could be the weekend. If by this evening they think its all stable, I dont think they'd wait till after the weekend to put it back up. They'd want people to be able to game in their free time as soon as, so more dont jump ship

Rapstah

I have it on reliable sources that PSN has been reprogrammed to run on strawberries. My sources are secret to protect their identities.

Kagari said:
Except they labeled me as a guy, WAY TO GO GAME JOURNALISM.
Haha, that's hilarious. Christ, they didn't contact you for further comment? To confirm? Anything?

For fucking real, how do these people get these jobs? Sometimes I wonder why I'm working on my thesis.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Foxtastical said:
Haha, that's hilarious. Christ, they didn't contact you for further comment? To confirm? Anything?

For fucking real, how do these people get these jobs?

No. No one from GI messaged me at all.

ithorien

Foxtastical said:

For fucking real, how do these people get these jobs?

They are a Gamestop magazine, just saying.

Kagari said:

They learned from reliable sources inside of WoW that no women exist on the internet.

Revolver

I'm guessing some time next week. Monday or Tuesday seems possible. I just think a weekend roll out would be asking for a disaster.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kagari said:
I told you you were a bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom