• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus holding Niconico stream on November 24th for "major Persona announcement"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but who is the majority of the base in the first place. Is the majority of the people who would buy those games on Wii or on the PS3? It's possible the PS3 had a larger install base who are interested in that type of game.

I guess you're right, but as far as home console are concerned, the PS3 was always a better system for Japanese RPG compared to the Wii, no?

I guess you could say that. But my point is that I do think some series do become linked to a brand. That's why I brought up Tales and HM. Does that mean Persona is one of them? Obviously no one knows the answer to that because it's a series that's only been on PS platforms (with the exception of Arena). But it's clear that those gamers love that series. Look at how well Golden sold on the Vita's tiny install base. It put up nearly the same figures as the original PS2 release. And then you have Arena, which was the best selling traditional fighter on the PS3 until JoJo was released. Even something like Catherine, which was hyped heavily on the fact that it was from the Persona team, put up impressive numbers on the PS3.

mrboo001

Banned
They're shutting down their forums the last day before the big announcement? That's got to mean they think people are going to be pissed, right?

Yeah that is another interseting thing about it. Hope your theory is wrong though.

Levito

Banned
It's coming.

per5ona.png

Almighty

Well since the consensus seems to be that Persona 5 is what will be announced all I have to say is PS3(very likely) or PS4(much less likely) please. Though if Sega/Atlus wants to make me very, very happy a PC release will do the trick. Sunday should be a very interesting day.

omg, i cannot wait until the platform is announced and the cast/concept revealed. persona threads will become 150% more readable.

As much as I hate the people that come in and say shit like lawls 3DS exclusive.....just for the meltdowns something far worse happens once platforms have been announced and characters are announced. Waifu wars. Be afraid.

LX_Theo

Banned
As much as I hate the people that come in and say shit like lawls 3DS exclusive.....just for the meltdowns something far worse happens once platforms have been announced and characters are announced. Waifu wars. Be afraid.

Scary. I only recently got into the series, so I don't even know what that would be like. It sounds like something I'd want to avoid, though.

Go_Ly_Dow

P5O

Persona 5 Online

Share your experiences via social media on facebook and twitter.

Not the game GAF deserves, but the one it needs.

Protag

Banned
The hypocrisy and iodized salt we'll see from certain posters will be well worth the PS4 exclusive announcement..

when it happens, it will also mean japanese rpg devs are ready to embrace the console market again.

Lost it at iodized salt, damn i love gaf.

Still day 1 if ps4 exclusive, and just wait till i get one

I swear to YHWH if it's a fucking sequel to P4 instead of a new cast...

I replayed it recently, and the ending made me hate all the characters.

I love how they are like "I will wait until the world ends with my mind consumed with nothing but thoughts of you and your splendor, living only with the hope that I might yet get another glimpse of your magnificent face, Senpai" and after they all pour their hearts out to him, he looks around and meekly nods "...mh" and walks off. lol, ridiculous.

I don't know if there's even any validity to the speculation that it's a P4 sequel instead of a true P5, but as much as I love the P4 cast, there better be a fucking new one.

It defeats the entire point of the series if we're going into it already knowing the characters. Persona is about building these bonds from the ground up with the player and player character learning more about his friends and growing with them.

Man. What if this isn't Persona 5, guys? For real? It will be, it will be, of course.

But what if it isn't?

Shengar

I don't know if there's even any validity to the speculation that it's a P4 sequel instead of a true P5, but as much as I love the P4 cast, there better be a fucking new one.

It defeats the entire point of the series if we're going into it already knowing the characters. Persona is about building these bonds from the ground up with the player and player character learning more about his friends and growing with them.

Man. What if this isn't Persona 5, guys? For real? It will be, it will be, of course.

But what if it isn't?
Either sequel to P4 or another P3 re-re-release. To be honest Persona 5 chance to be announced is higher than anything else. Even P4A2 doesn't have this kind of treatment.
Yeah, I am not saying I want a Persona 4.2 instead of Persona 5, I am just saying it could have a new cast of playable characters, should it happen.

Time skip, Nanako as main character. Old P4 cast act like according to their age, similar to Vincent and co.
No, it's too soon for that.
Just noticed that you've changed your avatar.

Dr. Buni

Time skip, Nanako as main character. Old P4 cast act like according to their age, similar to Vincent and co.
No, it's too soon for that.
Just noticed that you've changed your avatar.
Nanako as the main character would please me so much. I am hoping for her to be a playable character in whatever the new Persona game is and I'd also love a new FeMC.

Yeah, my XY hype faded off weeks ago, so it was about time to pick a new avy.

Frodo

duckroll said it is not on 3DS. So maybe it will be released on the next Nintendo handheld that will also be revealed on Sunday.

#gethype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom