• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Update: Confirmed for PS3/PC] Rumor - Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Releasing on PC

Grief.exe

UPDATE: CONFIRMED

Payment options just added to the Enslaved Sub

7 minutes ago Changed PurchaseRestrictedCountries – JP › AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA LV LT EE
7 minutes ago Changed AllowPurchaseFromRestrictedCountries – 0 › 1

Confirmed from Polygon

Update: A Namco Bandai rep confirmed to Polygon that Enslaved will be re-released as part of a premium edition later this month on PlayStation 3 and Windows PC.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/8/4818784/enslaved-odyssey-to-the-west-re-release-rated-in-australia

I've been following this for a little while now, but a pretty big piece of evidence popped up today. This seems to be essentially confirmed at this point, just awaiting on official word from Namco or Ninja Theory.

New Evidence:

iBxf5Q3as0UOD.png

Enslaved Premium Edition sent to the Australian Ratings Board with no official platform.

SteamDB Evidence:

Steam Database link: http://steamdb.info/app/245280/#section_history

This entry has seen multiple daily updates for the last few months, if you dig deeper into the entry you see that one of the developers working on the sub named the umbrella package as Enslaved at one point.
They corrected their mistake about a month later, but once something is published on the database, it cannot be taken down.

ibiyO9JM25JtA7.png

3rd Piece of Evidence:

This is NeoGAF, you can't hide anything from us.

https://vine.co/v/hqJ9W9ZMqI5

Finally, here are some screenshots of Enslaved from a 360 devkit that rendered them via tiles at high resolutions. Looks pretty damn good, apparently, the console version suffered from frame rate issues as well.

Yuripaw

Banned
I actually enjoyed this game for what it was...not perfect, but I liked it. This many years later though...why?

V_Ben

Banned
I actually enjoyed this game for what it was...not perfect, but I liked it. This many years later though...why?

Namco is finally realizing they can release their games on the PC. It took a while, but they're learning.

Parsnip

I for one enjoyed Enslaved for it was, reminded me of the best parts of PoP08 in a way. And the motion capture was super impressive.

I'll probably double dip, depending on the price.

Grief.exe

Namco has seen just how much revenue can be generated on the PC platform.

Up front sales are quite lucrative, just like on console, but the real strength of the platform is long-tail sales available through digital download. Games are literally generating a large amount of income decades from their initial release.
You just don't see that kind of return on other platforms.

Namco's eyes will really be opened wide when Dark Sous II is released sans GFWL.

Matchew

Enslaved is not perfect but it was a lot of fun I thought. It did suffer from technical issues so it will be fun to play this on PC.

Seance

Banned
Loved the game, but I don't know why they are bothering with a PC release. I can't imagine it selling well.

Grief.exe

Release a game that's bombed everywhere else on PC so it can bomb again and never release anything else

God damn it

Loved the game, but I don't know why they are bothering with a PC release. I can't imagine it selling well.

I doubt it will bomb.

The game is running on UE3, so the port was probably trivial. I'd imagine it was done with a very minimal staff, similar to Dark Souls.

The profit potential is probably very large comparable to the sunk costs.

Parsnip

Trip is probably showing too much cleavage for the Aussie ratings board.
I imagine the bonus costumes are going to be included in this as well.

Naminator

Banned
Didn't play it on the consoles, seemed like a nice game, I don't really have too high of standards anyway.

Will pick it up if it's like 30$, otherwise fuck that.

Loved the game. Still not sure about that last hour or so...

Way less memorable than Heavenly Sword too but More good Ninja Theory and more good Andy Serkis is always good

Oemenia

Banned

Way less memorable than Heavenly Sword too but More good Ninja Theory and more good Andy Serkis is always good
I thought the ending was awesome, a little abrupt but certainly though-provoking much like the rest of the game and its themes.

Sentenza

Namco is finally realizing they can release their games on the PC. It took a while, but they're learning.
I'm fine with that, and as far as I'm concerned *everything ever made* should be on PC, even when I'm not interested in it.

What worries me a bit about these companies testing the PC market with these "unusual" picks (games that bombed hardly and/or that weren't very good in the first place) is the risk that if these "unappealing" titles bomb hard, they could take it as a signal that there aren't money to be made on PC and stop releasing other stuff.

antitrop

I would play Heavenly Sword again on PC. I really enjoyed it.

For like 3 hours, or however short it was.

Dryk

Correct me if I am wrong, I am in no way an expert on Australian ratings, but aren't they more conservative on from an age standpoint?
No they're just different

Our system goes

G: General
PG: Parental guidance recommended for under 15s
M: Not recommended for under 15s
MA15+: Restricted to over 15s
R18+: Restricted to over 18s

Your M is closest to our MA15+ from what I can tell but probably a bit over since a lot of M games get rated R here, T sits somewhere between PG and M but closer to M. It's actually really hard to compare them properly.

dEvAnGeL

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love this game man, the framerate was seriously bad in some places but it was gorgeous, the facials animations on this game have no equal, i seriously hope this is true!

-MD-

I remember really loving this when I rented it. Pretty sure the ending was shit but it was a really fun game. Definitely gonna be in my library when it hits $5.

ArjanN

I doubt it will bomb.

The game is running on UE3, so the port was probably trivial. I'd imagine it was done with a very minimal staff, similar to Dark Souls.

The profit potential is probably very large comparable to the sunk costs.

Pretty much this.

I liked what I saw of the game on consoles. With some better IQ and framerate I think it'll still look great.

Grief.exe

If it comes with Pigsy's Perfect 10, Im there

ready to pull off some sick combos

From the video it seems like there is a block and counter system, looks very fun and fast paced overall.

Frame rate definitely dipped a couple times.

No they're just different

Our system goes

G: General
PG: Parental guidance recommended for under 15s
M: Not recommended for under 15s
MA15+: Restricted to over 15s
R18+: Restricted to over 18s

Your M is closest to our MA15+ from what I can tell but probably a bit over since a lot of M games get rated R here, T sits somewhere between PG and M but closer to M. It's actually really hard to compare them properly.

Thanks for the information, I edited it into my post.

Please let this be true. I briefly owned the PS3 version of this game and enjoyed it immensely. The post-apocalyptic world was beautiful. I only scratched the surface, but I'd love to add it to my Steam library.

Top Bottom