• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

100 PS3s to be resold all by ONE GUY

Ashodin

hundred.png

<alkaline> So uhh. . a friend of mine in Japan. .
<alkaline> http://www.flickr.com/photos/boxthor/296485520/
<alkaline> Got a hold of 100 PS3's

Yakuza connections are suspected. Oh noes!

lachesis

Too bad for this guy, that I heard that PS3 auction scalping in Japan wasn't as high as expected... and we are already seeing some game SW being sold in 4000 yen price range... Hope he loses the money that he paid towards those poor chinese guys who stood in line for them.

yanhero

Funky Papa said:
100 units x at least $200 in profits = $20,000 with no real effort.

I hate my life.

No real effort? I would think it would take quite a bit of effort to get a 100 PS3s at launch.

seat said:
QFT
Why are any of you praising this guy? I mean, seriously.
Because I'd do it too. I have no moral quandaries about a few techies or hardcore gamers not getting their hands on the latest toy before Christmas. If Sony wanted to do something about this, they wouldn't have created a console that relied on a new storage medium and a kra-z processor.

Ashodin

OpinionatedCyborg said:
Because I'd do it too. I have no moral quandaries about a few techies or hardcore gamers not getting their hands on the latest toy before Christmas. If Sony wanted to do something about this, they wouldn't have created a console that relied on a new storage medium and a kra-z processor.
Either that guy's gonna get a huge helping of Karma-kickass, or he's going be living the glamorous life ;d

kenta

Has no PEINS
OpinionatedCyborg said:
So... Xbox 360?

Fifty

Does he explain how he did it? Hiring people to stand in lines? He can't be in 100 places at once, and if they all sold ASAP he'd have to have tons of preorders or tons of people involved.

seat

OpinionatedCyborg said:
I should have specified that no one with a Patrick Nagel avatar is allowed to answer the question.

Ashodin

Fifty said:
Does he explain how he did it? Hiring people to stand in lines? He can't be in 100 places at once, and if they all sold ASAP he'd have to have tons of preorders or tons of people involved.
alkaline is getting the details.

Top Bottom