• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman 5 viral marketing hints at E3 reveal [Hitman: Absolution]

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Sn4ke_911 said:

I think it's going to be released in 2012, otherwise they would announce Hitman 5 already instead of waiting for an E3 reveal. Also if i'm not mistaken this year seems kinda packed with high profile games, maybe they think if they push Hitman 5 to next year it won't be lost in the shuffle or something like that.
Anyway if it's set for 2012 at least it would give me plenty of time to buy an Xbox 360 lol.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Gexecuter said:
I think it's going to be released in 2012, otherwise they would announce Hitman 5 already instead of waiting for an E3 reveal. Also if i'm not mistaken this year seems kinda packed with high profile games, maybe they think if they push Hitman 5 to next year it won't be lost in the shuffle or something like that.
Anyway if it's set for 2012 at least it would give me plenty of time to buy an Xbox 360 lol.

Looks like Eidos will have a strong line-up next year; Tomb Raider, Thief 4, and now Hitman 5. Looks like they (Square) will win next year alone for me.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Jason's Ultimatum said:
I hope IO keeps the core gameplay intact and innovates, but uses a new engine and revamps the controls.

And please IO, for fuck sake fix and make the goddamn AI much much better. It's useless to disguise yourself as a bodyguard when the freaking enemy can see you anyway.

Every Hitman i tryed to be really stealthy but ended up beeing a second rambo. Thats not fun. Thats not how a professional assassin plays his cards.

plc268

Sn4ke_911 said:
And please IO, for fuck sake fix and make the goddamn AI much much better. It's useless to disguise yourself as a bodyguard when the freaking enemy can see you anyway.

Every Hitman i tryed to be really stealthy but ended up beeing a second rambo. Thats not fun. Thats not how a professional assassin plays his cards.

I only ever played Blood Money, and I never had a problem with being stealthy. As long as you hide the body and your notoriety is low, you shouldn't be found out.

Dabanton

Sn4ke_911 said:

You were playing it 'wrong' then.

As a silent assassin rating is possible on most stages.

VVIS

Neo Member
Is it worth it to play all of the hitman series, or is there one in particular that I need to play? Right now there's no savings on steam for buying all 3, so I might as well just buy one.

Sn4ke_911 said:

As long as you haven't left a body to be found or something, the enemies should never get alerted to you as long as you're in the appropriate clothes for a certain place.

VVIS said:
Is it worth it to play all of the hitman series, or is there one in particular that I need to play? Right now there's no savings on steam for buying all 3, so I might as well just buy one.
By most accounts, the latest one- Blood Money- is the best.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Sn4ke_911 said:

pfft, amateurs.

IMq1q.png

UiQsH.png

derFeef

It begins (?)

http://twitter.com/ToreBlystad

Finally able to tweet about the new game we're developing here at IO in Copenhagen.. I'll be posting lots of game dev stuff here! :)
Going to ITU (Copenhagen) tomorrow to lecture about directing games. Have to be indirect not to give away too much about the new game..
Having big level design discussions about a centerpiece level of the game today. Hot topic: Freedom of choice vs. clear direction..

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
derFeef said:
It begins (?)

http://twitter.com/ToreBlystad

Having big level design discussions about a centerpiece level of the game today. Hot topic: Freedom of choice vs. clear direction..

excellent-frog.JPG

Sounds pretty much like Hitman. Faith in the title still high. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ex IO devs who worked on Hitman have helped chipped in with the project and gave feedback.

Hitman is one of the best series in gaming!
The first one was such a great game. I loved the fact that it was set in the real world and had realistic scenarios. Such a departure from all the fantasy and scifi games.
Traditions of trade is such an amazing level.
They also cut quite some stuff out of that mission, when I looked through the games files there were dialogue files for at least 3 more ways to tackle the mission, including 47 quoting a beatles song during some conversation.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
All this needs is to have Jesper Kyd comfirmed to return to compose the soundtrack for the game and then we can get the champaign out to celebrate!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Any chance that someone is gonna upload or transcribe what Tore Blystad is gonna say at the ITU? I would love to find out what's he gonna say.

Interfectum

"clear direction" concerns me.

I don't want to be directed through a Hitman level... that kills the whole point of the game.

MMaRsu

Banned
Interfectum said:

I don't want to be directed through a Hitman level... that kills the whole point of the game.

Truth, this game better not dissapoint.

Stealth is disappearing in games.

I'm scared that this will go the SC:Conviction route: Dedicated kill everything buttons and an increased emphasis on gun fights...

Dark FaZe said:
Stealth is disappearing in games.

I'm scared that this will go the SC:Conviction route: Dedicated kill everything buttons and an increased emphasis on gun fights...

That won't happen but by any chance if that happens, i will shave my head and then visit the producer of the game.

rvy

Banned
These folks need to license Euphoria. Hitman games are great, but, aside from Blood Money, animate poorly as hell. And Blood Money isn't even good in that department.

Al-ibn Kermit

wtf I must be the only one who loves both the Kane & Lynch and Hitman series. They are totally different gameplay wise though and I would like to see it stay that way. K&L did have some awesome storytelling but Hitman is more of about blending in and figuring out the levels like a puzzle. Except for the 47 kills achievement, that was just awesome.

Interfectum said:

I think they're just going to make the intel system a little more direct in explaining your options for every mission (intel was optional anyways). In Blood Money, unless you combed over every inch of a level several times, you wouldn't find a lot of the more interesting ways of getting a silent assassin rating since you needed to be in the exact right place at the right time to do certain tasks. I remember one mission let you shoot out a skylight with a bb gun hidden in a treehouse and if you did it right when a target walked under it, you'd make it look like they accidentally died. How the hell are you going to figure that out without a walkthrough?

Pachimari

Just read a summary of the four games, wow do I want to play the PC games now. Do you guys think IO Interactive can make anything interesting out of the story in "Hitman: Absolution" ?

I'm excited, mostly because, this franchise is one of the only worthwhile franchises we got here in Denmark, sometimes I wonder if I should go visit them, as I live around 15 minutes away from them - just go knock on their door hehe.

MMaRsu

Banned
Anastacio said:
Just read a summary of the four games, wow do I want to play the PC games now. Do you guys think IO Interactive can make anything interesting out of the story in "Hitman: Absolution" ?

I'm excited, mostly because, this franchise is one of the only worthwhile franchises we got here in Denmark, sometimes I wonder if I should go visit them, as I live around 15 minutes away from them - just go knock on their door hehe.

How are you going to visit them if you've never played any Hitman games? :p

Pachimari

MMaRsu said:
How are you going to visit them if you've never played any Hitman games? :p
For a fact, I won't visit them, though I did get invited once.
I played Hitman: Codename 47 when it came out, then I watched my friend play a bit of Silent Assassin, I quickly tried out a demo for Contracts and I reviewed Blood Money. I just really want to like these games as they are developed by one of our only quality studios here in Denmark, so I wanna force myself to play them all through next time. =)

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
This video brought a smile to my face since I missed some of these easter eggs in the game. Awe-inspiring when you think on how much they packed in the sandbox of each level. Also the name they trademarked is great. A fine choice but I need my hitman fix!

I want my insane physics back. There was nothing like luring a guard to a dumpster and blasting him over a city block with a shotgun.

I like Blood Money as much as the next guy in this thread, but Contracts doesn't get enough love. The Beldingford Manor/Traditions of the Trade>*

ArjanN

Guerrillas in the Mist said:
The title makes me think of that Muse album, but that's from when they were still good, so it's alright.

I think Absolution is a good subtitle, it would have fit Hitman 2's story very well actually.

Top Bottom