• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High arched feet suck, anyone else with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nearly every day I have aches and pains from my feet after getting off work. I've tried multiple types of shoes and even had custom made inserts made to help relieve the stress my arches endure. Sometimes even my heel will hurt from the pain of the arch =/

Has anyone tried those Dr. Scholls custom fit machines found at grocery stores and malls? Everyone that I've seen has looked DISGUSTING that I do not want to take my shoe off for it.

Worst of all, having high arches limits all the awesome shoes out there. =(

Life is in shambles.

Let me in

I have a high arch but I've only experienced that issue when I wear shoes that have "arch support" i.e. they have a big curve in the middle that contours your arch. WRONG.

You have to wear flat shoes that don't have any bump in the middle. Like skateboarding shoes or high top sneakers. Anything, just as long as the sole is flat.

Let me in said:
I have a high arch but I've only experienced that issue when I wear shoes that have "arch support" i.e. they have a big curve in the middle that contours your arch. WRONG.

You have to wear flat shoes that don't have any bump in the middle. Like skateboarding shoes or high top sneakers. Anything, just as long as the sole is flat.

Why would the Podiatrist make arch support inserts then?

Now I'm just confused. So if you HAVE high arches use uncomfortable skateboarding shoes? Leaving an area of space between the arch and the shoe.

Gaborn

My arches are fine, but my feet are EXTREMELY wide, I wear a 4E width, which is very very wide. I will never forget in elementary school we were doing a basic math lesson on volume and we calculated our shoes volume by putting... I think it was marbles into one of our shoes. I was one of the smaller sizes but I had by far the largest volume because of the width.

bounchfx

I have a high arch and a wide foot, it's annoying as fuck. I used to skateboard when I was younger, but just couldn't do it for more than 20-30 minutes at a time without extreme pain.

I run now, but even then it just becomes pain after a 25 minutes. ugh.

Let me in

Square Triangle said:
Now I'm just confused. So if you HAVE high arches use uncomfortable skateboarding shoes? Leaving an area of space between the arch and the shoe.
Wearing flat shoes is as close as you can get to not wearing shoes at all, which would be ideal but of course impossible. Your arch is already supporting your walk, so you don't need "support."

Just trust me, I walk on a concrete floor all day long with my flat Converse basketball shoes and I never have pain. Flat shoes for the win.

QyTbo.jpg

These Nike Free's or those toe shoes.

ch0mp

Square Triangle said:
Why would the Podiatrist make arch support inserts then?

You've heard the phrase 'to make a rod for your own back' ?

I used to get some heel pain/Plantar Fasciitis when I was at work (mostly standing up all day). It was worst when I got up after sleeping though, it got to the stage where I couldn't walk. I tried softer insoles, support etc. The only thing that helped was changing my shoes. Now I wear Dunlop Volleys and some random skate shoes with no pain at all.

I have absolutely no arch in either foot and I blame that for the freak incident where I broke my femur a couple of years ago. Been wearing supports for over 10 years now. It sucks.

Aesius

My wet foot prints are actually convex. My feet are ridiculously flat. It sucks ass, but I hear that having extremely high arches is just as crappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom