• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT14| They call it Halo

IHaveIce

Banned
I found the three in game images for what the maps in the Majestic Map Pack look like in the lobby. I simply changed the name of the map in the images they have on the website to find them.

Landfall
8wxU1ul.png

Monolith
oyq5UeX.png

Skyline
Cwi1jDe.png

Hey, our forge maps are grey, what color should the dlc maps be?

Grey of course

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I found the three in game images for what the maps in the Majestic Map Pack look like in the lobby. I simply changed the name of the map in the images they have on the website to find them.

Landfall
8wxU1ul.png

Monolith
oyq5UeX.png

Skyline
Cwi1jDe.png
God-fucking damn. Hopefully these are not just the surrounding scenery we're looking at again.. but it looks like the concept art actually matched the levels a bit more this time around. Well for the first two anyways.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Nice find! 2 night maps, very hot. Can't wait to get some smaller maps in the game. I just hope that they're good.

Fracas

#fuckonami
The art direction for the new maps look nice. Especially Monolith. Reminiscent of Tron, kind of.

When do the maps launch?

ElRenoRaven

Gold Member
Greetings! I wanted to get this out before everything gets (rightly) swamped by Destiny news. Almost a week ago on February 10th, my birthday, I was able to sit down for a couple of co-op games with Dan Miller of Bungie. Destiny is just around the corner, so I figured let me celebrate another milestone for Bungie withHalo 3: The best campaign of their last game series.

Dotted throughout the picture stories are Developer Insights into Halo 3 and ODST, from what I can remember. They’ll be clearly labelled, so if you want you can just skim through this and read those. Didn’t have any time to resize the screenshots (thanks to Over for rendering them), so I’ll just throw them into quotes. Click to biggify. Had to rush to get this out, so forgive any typos. Enjoy!

Snip for length.

You lucky lucky lucky lucky devil. How did you manage to pull that off? I'm seriously envious of you. I'd kill to have a developers ear like that and to get that kind of insight into the game. Also a lot of cool info. I actually like Cortana but it would have been cool for the High Charity level take on it with the scarab Gravemind fight. In fact the one thing that I was let down with about Cortana is that it didn't resemble High Charity at all really.

God I just love hearing and learning everything I can about what went into making games. So envious. So So envious.

Havok

Glad to see Skyline and Monolith breaking from the same boring human module aesthetic that so many of H4's multiplayer maps are (the influx of Forge variants may have something to do with me getting tired of that bland, washed out look). I hope we get overhead views of the maps this time. I'd rather not be buying blindly again, or based off of a flythrough that never really shows off the layout.
wat?

The game needs more BTB maps. Exile and Valhalla are good, the rest are meh or unplayable (in splitscreen). And then there's Harvest which looks like would work just fine in BTB but is not there.

Don't need small maps, ain't fun MP game with less than 8v8...
There are currently two truly symmetric 4v4 maps in this game and every single objective gametype is symmetric. Fixing that disconnect on both ends has to be the focus since there are only two playlists that need large maps (BTB, Dominion), and seven playlists that need smaller maps.

Woorloog

Banned
No lets not.

Majestic is supposed to be an infantry focused map pack. But as we all know, 343's definition of small is Harvest.

wat?

The game needs more BTB maps. Exile and Valhalla are good, the rest are meh or unplayable (in splitscreen). And then there's Harvest which looks like would work just fine in BTB but is not there.

Oh my god those maps.

lol at the Hornet flying on the Skyline pic, those teases. Skyline reminds me so much of the city scenes from A Fistful of Arrows I wonder if it was deliberate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Great post Dax.

Specifically intrigued by the bit about Cortana originally supposed to be the second half of Floodgate. That makes a lot of sense really. Oddly comforting to hear Bungie knew Cortana was going to be bad too. The bit about the Forerunner City is cool too.

I really never liked the green Phantoms. I thought just the hue chosen in general was ugly and it kind of stood out in a bad way every time they showed up.

IHaveIce

Banned
wat?

Wat.

WAT.

WAAAAAAAAT

TCKaos

I'm putting together a mixtape for Episode 10 because, honestly, the score for SpOps is pretty meh.

I assume it's gonna' be big due to it being the finale and all, so what songs would you guys recommend? I'm aiming for one or two tracks per chapter, that way I can loop it for the entire chapter and just select the next one when I load it up.

The track for the final chapter is a mix of the theme from every game. The standard chant starts us off, drums pick up in to the Anniversary version, guitar explosion in to the Halo 2 version, piano kicks in and we splice to the Halo 3 version, which goes in to the version featured in Tip of the Spear in Reach, and during the lull in the Reach version it goes in to 117.

Don't let me down 343.

Sai-kun

Banned
Fantastic read, Dax, and belated happy birthday! :) I'm uber jealous of ya!

Edit: The maps look neat. Especially excited for Monolith and Skyline.

Toa TAK

Banned
Destiny is just around the corner, so I figured let me celebrate another milestone for Bungie withHalo 3: The best campaign of their last game series.

Thanks a lot for these. The Dev Insights are interesting. I really wish we were able to have some of the cut content put together or changed. Like the Cortana/High Charity level, or the Guardian level.

I still wish that fight with the Gravemind would've happened, too. We really didn't get a proper confrontation, and that kinda sucks.

Top Bottom