• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Re:Legend - monster raising RPG [PC/PS4/XB1/Switch] - KS concluded at 901% funding

Falk

that puzzling face
I wonder if they have been asked about a physical release in the comment section. I haven't been following all their replies over there.

Meanwhile, new update went up with a new Pick-a-Magnus minigame:

I picked B myself, the pot is kinda cute to me.

if you dont pick you wont doom 9 other magnus to oblivion

think about it

Kinsei

Banned
I wonder if they have been asked about a physical release in the comment section. I haven't been following all their replies over there.

All of the ones on the bottom row look great. Talk about a tough choice.

kami_sama

Mmm, I'm between f, g, h and j. Those are the ones that interest me the most.

StMeph

I have a hard time imagining that porting something to different consoles and architectures brings in THAT much more revenue, and the gaps between them for the bonus unlocks always seem to be too small to be realistic. It's almost certainly going to be outsourced, and probably won't go well. But expectations now seem to demand them as bonuses beyond the minimum ask, and it seems like campaigns aren't willing to put their foot down to say no.

kami_sama

I have a hard time imagining that porting something to different consoles and architectures brings in THAT much more revenue, and the gaps between them for the bonus unlocks always seem to be too small to be realistic. It's almost certainly going to be outsourced, and probably won't go well. But expectations now seem to demand them as bonuses beyond the minimum ask, and it seems like campaigns aren't willing to put their foot down to say no.

Well, I think that the location of the studio definitely helps them in the money department.

In the end I choose F, looks too much like torterra for me not to vote for it.

Here's today's update!

Update #18: 400% Funded, Playstation 4 stretch goal, Pick-a-Magnus Winner, Magnus Friday!

Two more weeks to go and we're currently sitting at more than 400% funded! Props to everyone and we've also caught the Playstation 4 stretch goal fish! Woohoo! Re:Legend has always felt like a console game since day one when we first started the development and we've always wanted to play it on console. We are really excited that we are finally able to do it and we can't wait to get started!

8ge169X.png

You can now select Playstation 4 as your choice of platform at the end of the campaign through a survey. Do not panic if you did not see an option right now, as the platform choices will only be given once the campaign has ended. Now let us move on to our winner for yesterday's Pick-a-Magnus! The winner is... F! The Saggithorn! Here's the colored version of it and we hope you will enjoy taming it in the game. :D

wz1t0Yh.jpg

For those who are disappointed because your choice of Magnus did not make it this week, fret not as we do plan to move them forward into next week's voting. We've also selected a handful of them that you will be seeing in-game in the future as a surprise. They will not be revealed anywhere and you will have to find them next time, if you can still remember them.

Lastly, let us proceed to our awesome Magnus Reveal Friday! Are you excited?! Today we're looking at the Great Oriton Tortoise! #magnusfriday

pSQX4KO.png

Great Oriton Tortoise is the third stage of the Oriton Tortoise species evolution and they are one of the largest Magnus around Vokka Island. Despite their size, they can move fairly fast and are good at range attacks. The lighting rocks around it's body are able to generate high amount of electricity so they can use it as a protective barrier and electrocute anyone who come close to them. They are able to converge those electricity and turn them into lightning bolts at will as well. They may look really aggressive but they are gentle giants and will not attack you unless provoked. Do not attack them if you value your life.

Great Oriton Tortoise favorite/taming food: Unknown

Specialty: Combat, Harvesting

Hope you enjoy this week's Magnus Reveal Friday and we can't wait for you guys to get your hands on this guy! <3

I'm so glad the Saggithorn won!

Well, I think that the location of the studio definitely helps them in the money department.

In the end I choose F, looks too much like torterra for me not to vote for it.

You made the right choice, my friend!

Here's today's update!

Update #19: Re:Legend Combat Spotlight: Staff & 3500 Backers Special!

Hey guys! We're back for our final combat spotlight of Re:Legend. This will conclude the 4 basic weapon type that we have planned for the game and today we will be looking at the Staff!

e4ixrBl.png

Staff users will mainly be wearing cloth armor and has high resistance against magical attacks. It is a class suitable for players who do not fancy physical work and love to command colorful magics. They can deal serious damage from afar and can be really useful in combat. As you level up your staff proficiency, the size of your magic bolt will grow accordingly and deal higher damage as you progress. You will start with a tiny magical bolt but you will be able to blast through the enemies at ease after you have mastered the art of magic. Use your gigantic magic bolt to tear your enemies to shreds!

1SwzMhG.gif

Similar to other classes, staff mages will unlock powerful charge attack after hitting certain level. These charge attack will change according to the staff that you're wielding so do not be surprised if they look really different after switching your weapon. Even though staff could deal a lot of damage, their stamina consumption is also the highest among the other classes. Be sure to keep an eye on your stamina level and not go trigger happy with your magic attacks.

r759LaR.gif

Besides having offensive spells, staff mages could also cast supportive spells such as healing or buffs to assist other players or Magnus during battle. This is great for boss battle and will improve the party's combat efficiency by a great deal.

This will sums up the basic of staff weapon class and let's move on to our 3500 backer special! Today we will be looking at the Baston Gator evolution! Whooo!

BNP6QUm.png

Baston Gators are small in size at the beginning but they can grow really fast similar to Triemer Snails that we've revealed previously. Despite being small and innocent looking, their bites are really powerful and they have one of the highest offensive stats among the other early stages Magnus. They are aggressive in nature and will be more than happy to chew on you if you get too close to them. The only down side of Baston Gator is that they have short legs and can't really move too fast on land.

That's it for today's update and we hope you enjoy it! <3

PS: Please do not attempt to put your hands or head in between their jaws for entertainment...

Lain

The staff users look pretty cool.

They reached 311k and unlocked the X1 stretch. All 3 console stretch hit and only the 330k stretch left before we get to find out about the hidden ones.

zeopower6

This looks super cute. Might pick it up though when it actually comes out. Excited to see all the goals getting reached!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope the combat is a little faster than the videos. I find games done in this chibi-animu style, Spiral Knights, Tree of Savior, etc, all tend to be really slow and plodding. I'm not looking for a character action game or anything but Hyper Light Drifter is a nice pace for me.

kami_sama

So it has reached 310k S$
XBOX ONE GO! Might be a good idea to offer play anywhere for the title now.
Also, will we know what N??? is now? It's been like that for the last two or three stretch goals.

Lain

Yesterday's update with the fanart results:

Update #20: All Console Stretch Goal Fish Caught & Week 1 Fanart Contest Winner!

Finally all console stretch goals are met and Re:Legend will be coming to all platforms! We're extremely thrilled that we have caught the final console stretch goal fish today and words could not express how happy and grateful we are to every single one of you. Thank you so much for making it possible!

6O1c.png

Without further ado, let's proceed to our week 1 Fanart Contest result! There's so many submission this week and all of them looks really good. We can feel that every single one of them were made with love and care so it really brings us joy as we browse through the gallery. We will be showcasing all of em on our website once the Kickstarter has concluded and we're extremely proud of you guys! Now let's announce the winner of this week's fanart contest:

1st: &#35910;&#20992; (&#664;&#8255;&#664;&#10047;) aka "mamegatana"
These are the most awesome fanart that we've seen so far and look how pretty they are! Not to mention they are animated as well and that gave a boost to the overall mood of the art. There's three submissions and all of them are creatively done and extremely adorable.

7O1c.gif

8O1c.gif

9O1c.gif

2nd: naoyi

Naoyi was one of the very first person who has submitted a fanart to us and we were really impressed. We really love the color and composition of the characters. It's also extremely cute that Snachi and Momochi are hiding behind the scene in the second submission.

AO1c.jpg

BO1c.jpg

2nd: Purrmaid

Purrmaid is also one of the very first few person who has submitted a fanart to us and they are all filled with personalities! We love how every piece comes with character emotions and they are always extremely fun to see. The second submission is the one that made us re-consider putting Tital Seal into the game.

CO1c.jpg

DO1c.png

EO1c.png

As you might have noticed, there's two second place and that is actually intended. Both of them are very talented and we cannot help but place them in the same ranking. That is all for the winners and here's some of the notable fanart submissions.

Notable fanart of the week:

Dane

FO1c.jpg

Shelby

GO1c.jpg

Pricey

HO1c.png

Agent Squibs&#8207;

IO1c.jpg

Cindy Duong

JO1c.jpg

This sums up the first week of fanart contest and winners will be contacted soon. It was a really exciting week for us as we're happy to see so many awesome work and can't wait to see more of them in the coming week!

Note: We're on our way to more waifus and husbandos! Whoo!

Some nice fanart from my point of view.

Funds reached 324k too, so the next stretch goal is within reach already and then we get into the unknown territory. If the NEW ???? is New Game I'll be pretty happy.

Lain

From their Kickstarter F.A.Q.:

Q: I don't see console(Switch, PS4, Xbox One) copies available, where are they?

A: You can convert the PC copy to the platform of your choice once the console stretch goals are met.

Obviously the conversion will be done after the campaign ends.

Hexer06

I backed it for the Beta tier. Hoping they still let me get my Xbox copy while still beta testing it, which I assume is gonna be pc only. Just was waiting for that Xbox stretch goal to finally back it. Can't wait! :D

Shifty

Those Armour sets remind me of Monster Hunter. Looks cool, I'm interested.

Though I'm mystified by the title. What's the deal with the ex:cessive use of co:lons in Japanese titles these days? Is it Re like re-doing a thing or Re like 'regarding' in an email?

I mean geez guys cmon this is vital information you're not giving us here.

Lagamorph

Hmmm, this looks pretty interesting. I've gone in for the standard $30 tier.

Just need to decide if I'll stick with PC or change it over to the Switch version.

ozfunghi

Though I'm mystified by the title. What's the deal with the ex:cessive use of co:lons in Japanese titles these days? Is it Re like re-doing a thing or Re like 'regarding' in an email?

You're right! I'm withdrawing my pledge!

Kidding, i didn't pledge anyway... but i'm considering buying it when it gets released.

Hey Falk, do you know if the devs will be showcasing at Comic Fiesta this year? I think I'll be in Malaysia around that time and it'd be cool to be able to tell them I think their game is cool in person

Falk

that puzzling face

All joking aside, the game is built on the ashes of a project that blew up (more dets in KS description), hence the Re:

Hey Falk, do you know if the devs will be showcasing at Comic Fiesta this year? I think I'll be in Malaysia around that time and it'd be cool to be able to tell them I think their game is cool in person

No idea actually.

How much of a focus is the co-op going to be and how much is single player going to be viable?

Devs have touched on a bit of this in comments but I feel a good way to describe what I've seen (my words, not theirs, so don't take this as official haha) is it's similar to Diablo. Progress for story follows host, people who join get something out of the time invested too, and like Diablo you can run solo if so you desire.

ReaperXL7

I'm just seeing this sadly so I'm a little behind. I love games like this though, one of my favorite series of all time is the now mostly forgotten Monster Rancher, in general I love Monster rasing games. I may have to kick in some funding for the Switch version after I look into the KS.

Is there a full character creation system with different classes?

Lain

I guess the reveal of the new stretch goal will be for tomorrow's update
Update #21: Introducing Vokka Village Item Shop Owner & Shop Interface!

10 more days to go and we've nearly caught all the stretch goal fishes! Since we're really close to the new bachelors and bachelorettes stretch goal, we figured that we should introduce one of the potential waifu! You will be interacting with her a lot during your time in Vokka Village and she can be extremely helpful throughout your journey in the game. Today we will be introducing the Vokka Village item shop owner - Emilia!

HI33D2c.gif

Some of you might recall seeing Emilia in the trailer but probably do not know that she runs the item shop in the village. There are plenty of items available for your daily needs such as seeds, tools, food, potions, crafting materials and more. There will be sales on different day of the week, so be sure to drop by her shop from time to time.

G5ZjvqH.gif

Emilia's concept was conceived as a shopkeeper on a tropical island so the initial roughs were heavily focusing on giving her the Hawaiian feel to blend into the environment. These are her initial roughs:

u57JWcC.png

After several roughs, we find that it's a little too cliche and decided that we should create a unique personality for her instead of trying too hard to fit her into the island surrounding. In the end, we want her to be a cheerful and kind item shopkeeper with class, so we gave her blonde hair and a dress to simulate the overall feeling. Here's the final roughs:

YXQWaVD.png

A giant ribbon was also added to further improve her cuteness. Here's the final colored version of Emilia.

SeeUMBw.png

Once the concept has been finalized, we proceed to model, animate and place her in the game to try out her functionality. She turned out better and cuter than we've expected in the game and she runs the item shop pretty well! Great work Emilia!

creEZQa.gif

This is the shop interface that we're experimenting with right now and it was really fun to implement. Initially it looked like a typical inventory window with lots of square boxes, but we find that a little too boring so we made a drastic change to make it feel and look better. The current interface should work well with both PC and console version, and we will be improving it as time goes on.

That's it for Emilia and leave us a comment below to let us know if you like the shop interface. We hope you enjoy the update today!

PS: Please ignore the 1G price tag for the Wild Mushroom!

zeopower6

It might be a reference to the old title? Prior to Re:Legend, they had been working on a game for a bit and then the investor pulled out or something so all their work went down the drain. I have no idea what the old title was though.

Shifty

All joking aside, the game is built on the ashes of a project that blew up (more dets in KS description), hence the Re:

It might be a reference to the old title? Prior to Re:Legend, they had been working on a game for a bit and then the investor pulled out or something so all their work went down the drain. I have no idea what the old title was though.

Interesting- I assumed it would be a case of "just because", but that's actually a solid reason to title it like that.
Nice to see them succeed too, having your hard work be for nought is a really shitty feeling.

Lain

New Stretch Goal revealed: New Weapon Classes.

Update #22: New Bachelors & Bachelorettes Stretch Goal Fish Caught, Hidden Stretch Goal Revealed, 4000 Backers Special!

Hey guy! We have finally caught the final visible stretch goal fish, new bachelors and bachelorettes! It's really exciting to see that so many fishes has been caught and there's still one third of the campaign left to go! We're pretty sure many of you are really excited about the new waifus and husbandos so we are going to talk about them today!

b88LrvW.png

With the current stretch goal fish caught, we're able to add two additional bachelors and bachelorettes to the game. That will make up a total of four additional NPC villagers being added on top of the existing ones, but we will not be revealing the total number of NPC villagers at the moment. The reason behind that is because they are quest related and we do not want to spoil them early on. Let's leave the discovery to you guys in the future.

We have always wanted to have more romance candidates previously and thankfully it can finally happen. Here are the two bachelors and bachelorettes that we plan to add:

rrZli0I.png

As you can see, two waifus and husbandos will be coming to life thanks to all of you! Each of them have their own unique occupation and you will have to recruit them before they show up in Vokka Village. They can either be recruited through main story line or hidden side quests so do not be alarmed if the number of villagers you have are different from other players. We have planned to add several hidden NPC villagers that requires some effort to recruit as well and we believe you guys will enjoy it! <3

That is all for the new bachelors and bachelorettes, we will be moving on to reveal our first hidden stretch goal fish. We've seen some correct guesses and it will be.... *drum roll* New Weapon Classes! Congratulation to those who have guessed it correctly!

FPLYgKu.png

Four weapon classes will be added if we can catch this stretch goal fish and they will be Knuckles, Great Shield, Shurikens and Prisms. We will talk about them in more details once we have landed this hidden stretch goal fish. We can't wait!

Last but not least, we have also managed to hit 4000 backers! Woohoo! Thank you so much for supporting us and to celebrate your awesomeness, we will be revealing another Magnus Evolution path! Today we will be looking at the Wilker Treant.

Qgbvw72.png

Wilker Treant is a passive Magnus that you will encounter during your time in the forest biome. They are extremely rare and are great in many situations making them an all rounder Magnus. Be sure to take good care of them if you ever find and tame one because they extremely hard to find and do not have many weaknesses.

That sums up today's update and we hope you enjoy it. Let's catch the first hidden stretch goal fish! <3

I think I actually prefer that first rough sketch of Emilia. Oh well.

New weapons sound interesting, but I'll likely end up sticking with the staff. Black mage best class all times.

zeopower6

Looks like new weps are a go. Magnus breeding is next goal. At this point it sounds like just normal game features. Hope the next stretch is more substantial.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Depends on how sophisticated it is. If it's just "X or Y magnus if you breed X and Y" like Pokemon then yeah, but if it's actually modular breeding? Could be big.

Top Bottom