• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First English Tales of Xillia footage

Sophia

I was going to say that the voice acting doesn't really match up well with the character art. Higher pitch would have been better.

Alvin's the worst. He just sounds completely out of it. It's not actually even an unfitting voice for the character, but my god, show some emotion and enthusiasm.

Sorian

Banned
Meh, I don't care much about voices in battle. Those are going to get on my nerves no matter what anyway. As long as the voices are a little bit more emotionally driven in the cutscenes, I'm fine.

aonp7v.gif

RPGCrazied

The voices... don't sound so good, but what I heard of Jude in battle seemed decent enough. Sounded better than the Asbel voice actor.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Can they add an option to turn off the stupid post battle phrases?

HEH THAT WAS 2 EZ!!!

Besides that, looking forward to Tales of Syria.

Bladenic

Ugh I didn't like the sound of any those. Hope it's better in the final game. Speaking of, can we get a damn trailer and release date already?

Astral

Millia's the only one that sounded bad. She sounds like she doesn't wanna be there. I like the music though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I kinda felt that Ali Hillis will be voicing Milla before. :p

Bladenic

I kinda felt that Ali Hillis will be voicing Milla before. :p

Great, just what we needed. Another Lightning. Ali Hillis seems tailor made for these boring no-emotion type roles, but I wish she'd use her Liara voice instead of Lightning at least.

Psi

That doesn't sound like Ali Hillis at all to me. But that's based on only hearing her as Liara, Lightning, Palutena, and that doctor from Starcraft 2.

Didn't sound too bad imo, although I don't think Riegal was a good pick for Jude even if he gets the acting down. Also disappointed that it doesn't sound like they got Kyle Hebert for Alvin :(

Seda

Didn't sound too bad imo, although I don't think Riegal was a good pick for Jude even if he gets the acting down. Also disappointed that it sound like they got Kyle Hebert for Alvin :(

Jude definitely sounds like Sam (sounds like Allegretto from ES) but Alvin doesn't sound like Kyle...

Looks like a really promising game. I love the art-style, the graphics are nice and the music seemed quite good too.

Anyone who's played the JP version care to comment on the battle system, story and so forth?

I know very little about voices, but I see the names Laura Bailey and Johnny Young Boy thrown around a lot in Tales threads. Are either of them in the video?

(If I'm not mistaken, the high five girl is Bailey. No idea about the other guy though.)

Anyway, can't wait. Game looks great. Can't wait to have it in my hands.

Vamphuntr

Alvin's VA seems like he isn't happy to be there. Voice synching for the anime cut ins is awful and I'm hearing Lightning in there.

Hard to judge from a short excerpt like that but so far it seems like a step down from Vesperia :(

Seda

I know very little about voices, but I see the names Laura Bailey and Johnny Young Boy thrown around a lot in Tales threads. Are either of them in the video?

(If I'm not mistaken, the high five girl is Bailey. No idea about the other guy though.)

Anyway, can't wait. Game looks great. Can't wait to have it in my hands.

Nope.

Top Bottom