• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Standing Guy Tries Oculus Rift Roller Coaster

It's fascinating how our brains subconsciously process sensory data and react without us even realizing it. It obviously takes a lot of small and not so small adjustments to stay balanced on 2 feet and the required adjustments need to be anticipated.

AlexBasch

Man, sometimes when I'm playing some games I get a weird feeling on my legs when dropping from a high distance.

This is gonna fuck me up so bad, haha.

Vexxan

Almost every day I see some new cool concept for the OR and I just can't wait to try one myself. If all these ideas make it to a final product this thing is gonna be on fire.

red731

I was a hero wanting to play Slender the arrival in OR, but this is just too much.
NOPE.gif

Zomba13

Cannot fucking wait for the consumer version. When it's out I think I'll buy the best grpahics card I can afford to go with this and start playing some games and all those crazy simulations.

AzerPhire

Sensitivity looks really low from watching how much his head moves versus what is happening on screen. His head is thrashing around yet the screen barely moves.

Not sure if this demo is meant to be like that or not but it looks strange.

So interactive game movies are going to be really crazy on this thing, eh? I see certain types of games really excelling on this device, like horror games.

astonish

I love giving people this demo on our rift. One person fell backwards (thankfully I was there to catch them). Most peoples knees start shaking. Best rift demo I've seen so far at showing off its immersion.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Tried one the other day, and imo the in-eye screens are pretty lo-rez.. If it had a higher pixel density I'd be more inclined to jump on the bandwagon.

E-Cat

Sensitivity looks really low from watching how much his head moves versus what is happening on screen. His head is thrashing around yet the screen barely moves.

Not sure if this demo is meant to be like that or not but it looks strange.
The tracking on the Rift is pretty much the thing that no-one's had any complaints about. Your observation could have something to do with the fact that the FOV of the Rift far exceeds that of the TV, making it seem like there's "less movement" than there actually is.

Seronei

I really wish I could try this before deciding to buy one. Looks really cool.

Tried one the other day, and imo the in-eye screens are pretty lo-rez.. If it had a higher pixel density I'd be more inclined to jump on the bandwagon.

The consumer version is supposed to be 1080p.

Blablurn

Rift seems so cool. Are these normal programs that everyone can download already? I'm talking about the demos we have seen coming up on youtube lately.

jaypah

Yeah, I want to play with something that fucks with my brain so severely that it almost makes me fall down. And that's not sarcasm.

I can't believe that yesterday cracked.com voted the rift number one in the 'five unbelievably horrible kickstarters that were actually funded' article. It's like the writer never bother to research the kickstarters he was writing about.

TheExodu5

Banned
I really wish I recorded my mom trying the roller coaster. She was screaming the entire time and couldn't let go of her chair.

ido

Yeah, that's my friend Brandon trying it out. He had never even really heard of a "VR helmet" before I let him try this.

I've been letting a lot of coworkers try it out(big mike, brandon, etc)... tomorrow we are getting another coworker over to give it a try.

Kind of crazy how the video blew up, though. I'm sure he will be shocked when I tell him at work in the morning.

wwm0nkey

Yeah, that's my friend Brandon trying it out. He had never even really heard of a "VR helmet" before I let him try this.

I've been letting a lot of coworkers try it out(big mike, brandon, etc)... tomorrow we are getting another coworker over to give it a try.

Kind of crazy how the video blew up, though. I'm sure he will be shocked when I tell him at work in the morning.

Please record them as well! lol

Top Bottom