• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Miletius

speaking of pokemon go decline. the four stops in front of san francisco's beach chalet restaurant has gone from 100~ players to more or less 5 people. probably because many passerbyers shit on the players for crowding up such a nice area.

what probably isn't happening anymore:

(that's a lil too close to the restaurant ppl, u can reach the pokestops from the other side of the small parking lot and not crowd the entrance.)

i only tried that place a couple times but man every so often when i did go, it's like high school punks (drivers in nearby traffic) ragging on "nerds"(pokemon go players)

there are so many better spots though, but i feel many kinds of people ruined this pokestop hotspot

Especially in the Bay Area, where there are so many Pokestops that you can pretty much shake a stick and find one. I have no idea why people would congregate in one area around here unless you wanted to play in the most sedentary way possible. At any rate, I'm still playing casually, but only when I go for walks. Don't see as many people playing it anymore, but there are certainly quite a few that still do. I think the initial fad is over though, for sure.

One more candy until I can evolve a Raichu! I also caught a Gydrados in Emeryville last week, near that open air mall and the IKEA.

Yrael

Pokéstop spinning got a new possible server response: EXCEEDED_DAILY_LIMIT. It probably means you'll either have a daily limit per Pokéstop, or a global limit. Either way, I don't like this idea, especially the former since it will further degrade game experience for players who don't have access to many Pokéstops.

Wow. I certainly hope they don't actually have a daily limit per Pokestop - that'd be rubbish, particularly for players in rural or distant suburban areas who only have access to one or two stops.

So does the trainer level not have anything to do with how strong your Pokemon's CP number be when they evolve?

No. A Pokémon's CP is determined by its own level (the white semicircle at the top of the stats page that increases as your upgrade it with candy + stardust) as well as its stats and species. When you evolve a Pokémon, all that changes is its species, so the CP just gets updated to whatever the same level/stat combo would yield for the evolved species.

Your Trainer Level is effectively your Pokémon's level cap.

No. A Pokémon's CP is determined by its own level (the white semicircle at the top of the stats page that increases as your upgrade it with candy + stardust) as well as its stats and species. When you evolve a Pokémon, all that changes is its species, so the CP just gets updated to whatever the same level/stat combo would yield for the evolved species.

Your Trainer Level is effectively your Pokémon's level cap.

thanks for the info. damn I just did a mass-evo and I realize I may have jumped the gun then.

So it would be better to levelup/powerup a pokemon to its highest "lvl" before evolving them?

zulux21

if this is true I am very glad I didn't get rid of the pokemon I really like even though they suck.

that being said I do think i got rid of some rarer pokemon I don't care about.

but a buddy to gain candy by walking with them would be great.

daily limit on pokestops would be poopy though. though if they did it I imagine it would be something like 50 per pokestop which would be around 4 hours of farming a single stop to stop people from farming a single stop all day long.

I'm only level 11. Been playing since it launched. I'm too casual for gaf. I'm sorry.

I'm slightly more than casual, but i'm still only lvl 22 and i've yet to power up anything other than CP 10's to see their IV's. My strongest Poke is like a 1140 Cloyster lol

Btw is Tangela rare? I'm having a hella time finding candies for it (and I've got some okay IV's for it, and it's an absolute beast for wrecking water types)

jts

...hate me...
Just hit me that living in a harsh weather country I should hurry up with my hunting.

Winter is coming.

thanks for the info. damn I just did a mass-evo and I realize I may have jumped the gun then.

So it would be better to levelup/powerup a pokemon to its highest "lvl" before evolving them?
No. It'll still be the same level when it evolves and the cost of power ups is entirely based on the pokemon level so there's no gains at all from powering up before you evolve and due to moves being randomised on evolution it's almost always better to evolve first THEN look at which ones are still worth powering up (aka didn't get landed with terribad moves) :3

AdanVC

Hi new thread! I still continue playing this because it's relaxing to go for a walk after work to catch pokemanz but yeah, it seems the overall hype of this game is fading a bit. Hope Niantic can hurry the hell up and add proper tracking in-game, trading and fighting with other people and not just on gyms.

Edit: Wich I still can't believe there's still no trading feature in this game. The original game boy games had trading feature since day one! Come on!

Jintor

Just wasted seven great balls on one hell of an escape artist of a bulbasaur who ran away in the end. Piece of shit.

jariw

I hope thats a lie, there are only 3 pokestops here

The source isn't conclusive on if the limit will be for a specific stop or a global limit. A global limit would be reasonable, IMO. In my town, it's possible to reach a huge number of pokestops from the bus lines, meaning that a player can loot multiple pokestops each minute. Even if the bag gets full, the player gets the bonus reward for the pokestop spin.

Growlie19

Inching ever closer to getting the final evos for the Nidos, Weepinbell, and Gloom. I've also been stockpiling some eggs. All eight of them are 5K's, though. I used to have variety. :(

Nightbird

It seems like there's a Dratini nest in Cologne. I'd like to go there, but it takes already an hour just to reach the city, and that's a bit much >.>

I was just thinking to myself that I personally wouldn't have many trade opportunities if it did become a thing. Not many people I know still play, so it'd really just be with randos.The most notable thing I'd really want to trade for is the regional pokemon. I'd probably use some sort of online service to trade Taurus with people that are traveling to my local international airport.

But first, I'd need 3 more Taurus...

Thanks for the source. I guess we'll see what happens. A Daily limit would really suck for those more rural players. Ingress had a cooldown limit but it was four hours, not daily.

Sniff... awwwwww, new thread smell. Now that school has started I'm getting a lot more km on my walks from parking structures to classes, I'm also getting a lot of new pokemon on my walks. It's the perfect game to take a break from studying and get some fresh air.

jariw

At what XP level is it likely to find 200+ CP Magikarps? I'm at XP level 23 (soon 24), and the best I get are 145 CP Magikarps.

ruddiger7

Banned
Caught all 145 like a week ago. Havent seen the need to play it since. Finished at level 26. Ill wait for gen 2 i guess.

Pachimari

Hmm, so I have all the Pokemon in the 2km tier, and I still need 3 Pokemon from the 5km eggs, and 7 Pokemom from the 10km eggs. Sucks that there's nothing more to get from 2km eggs other than hoping for higher CP ones.

jts

...hate me...
Hmm, so I have all the Pokemon in the 2km tier, and I still need 3 Pokemon from the 5km eggs, and 7 Pokemom from the 10km eggs. Sucks that there's nothing more to get from 2km eggs other than hoping for higher CP ones.
candy for evos though

So someone dropped a lure at the pokestop that I can access from home! That's nice.

Two Pidgeys, two Weedles, two Rattatas, Eevee, Oddish. The usual crap, although Oddish isn't that common.

PSFan

Yeah, but you'll soon get tired of the Sentrets and Murkrows. :)

You mean Hoothoots, they were the early flying types in Gen 2. Murkrows weren't found until a lot later in the game.

So someone dropped a lure at the pokestop that I can access from home! That's nice.

Two Pidgeys, two Weedles, two Rattatas, Eevee, Oddish. The usual crap, although Oddish isn't that common.

Oddish is just as common as those others in my area. Venonat too. So sick of seeing these crap Pokemon all the time.

Are those appraisal meanings in the OP pretty accurate? I have a Pokemon with perfect attack and defense according to that chart and I want narrow down the HP, so I punched in the numbers in the SylphRoad calculator but it ended up giving me 26/30 for atk+def and 12 for HP. I'm a bit more inclined to believe the appraisal because the wording in the text (for Instinct) is clear cut. Would that mean my HP value would actually be 8?

Podge293

Quite possibly a stupid question.

If you evolve a Pokemon does its IV stay the same or can it change dramatically?

Like say an 85% pidgey, will that result in an 85% pidgeotto and 85% pidgeot?

JoeM86

dead2.gif

Dishwalla

Banned
Had a Seadra appear out of nowhere in my apartment(there's no water around here lol) and it ran after the first ball. Whatever dude, you invaded my apartment.

Podge293

Another silly question lads/ladies.

Is there a max/min number of candies you can get from the various eggs? I got 26 candy from one 10k egg then I got like 8 from another.

Is there limits on 2k or 5k eggs?

That new thread feel hehe

Hoping to get those last few Squirtles this week :D come on Blastoise!

The spawns around my house were nice last night, 3 Bulbas showed up, 2 Dratinis, and a Growlithe :eek:

Another silly question lads/ladies.

Is there a max/min number of candies you can get from the various eggs? I got 26 candy from one 10k egg then I got like 8 from another.

Is there limits on 2k or 5k eggs?

Yeah each category gives different amounts so you get more for 5k and even more for 10k. I also notice a strange variance in 2k eggs, some give you 10 others only 5.

Top Bottom