• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox |OT|

Blackhead

Redarse
The Nightly build has a new optional click-to-play feature for flash. Now flash won't activate unless you click it.

9I5MQ.png

Does the click activate flash on the entire page or just that particular element?

Izick

It doesn't occur on Chrome and Opera. I am now temporarily(though starting to like it) using Opera since it's the most like Firefox, until I can fix this Youtube problem.

Hm, that's very odd. I'm not sure why Opera would be better than Firefox at flash since they'd use the same flash plugin.

Just in case anyone has loaded up FireFox today to discover that it's essentially been nuked (can't refresh pages, home doesn't load, bookmark toolbar doesn't show up, can't open add-ons page), it's likely because the latest update to Tab Mix Plus is breaking it. So just restart in safe mode and re-enable everything other than that.

Then shake your fist at it.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
It's still the same on Windows. I guess they're doing it for Linux only so far.

Mozilla might actually accomplish most of their design plans this year at this rate.
I hope so. Their current Windows UI is bleh, I want the proposed design.

Got a problem.

When you type something in google/youtube/... search, and a bunch of suggestions turn up as a drop down kinda menu on the search frame, I used to just point downward with the arrow keys to get to the suggested search I want.

Now however, if I do that, instead of going through the drop down menu, I scroll down on the page. WTF?

Any idea why that happens?

Izick

Got a problem.

When you type something in google/youtube/... search, and a bunch of suggestions turn up as a drop down kinda menu on the search frame, I used to just point downward with the arrow keys to get to the suggested search I want.

Now however, if I do that, instead of going through the drop down menu, I scroll down on the page. WTF?

Any idea why that happens?

Do you have any scrolling related add-ons?

Any know what Neogaf, google looks like ass all of a sudden in Firefox?

I Can't see any background on Neogaf, and The Main Google banner doesn't appear.

Any ideal how to fix this? I tried uninstalling firefox then re-installing. but nothing changers. which is weird because it was working fine last night.

Dany

Banned
Any know what Neogaf, google looks like ass all of a sudden in Firefox?

I Can't see any background on Neogaf, and The Main Google banner doesn't appear.

Any ideal how to fix this? I tried uninstalling firefox then re-installing. but nothing changers. which is weird because it was working fine last night.

Clear recent history from today. That usually fixes it for me.

malfcn

I cleared out some of my history, and now it is effecting my awesomebar. It was just a day of history, but some how that changed everything. I will probably just wipe all history now (because?) but had some questions about how the bar worked.

For example, I used to just type in "ga" and I would have the forum pop up as the top suggestion (followed by other gaf pages). Now coincidentally, this thread is the top suggestion when type in "ga" - help. I have a lot of sites that I just type in the first letter or two and can hit the down key and enter to surf away.

Do I click a link a bunch of times for it to filter up? Or do I type in a few letters and pick the suggestion a bunch of times to raise it to the top?

I cleared out some of my history, and now it is effecting my awesomebar. It was just a day of history, but some how that changed everything. I will probably just wipe all history now (because?) but had some questions about how the bar worked.

For example, I used to just type in "ga" and I would have the forum pop up as the top suggestion (followed by other gaf pages). Now coincidentally, this thread is the top suggestion when type in "ga" - help. I have a lot of sites that I just type in the first letter or two and can hit the down key and enter to surf away.

Do I click a link a bunch of times for it to filter up? Or do I type in a few letters and pick the suggestion a bunch of times to raise it to the top?
Type in a few letters and pick the suggestion a few times and it should move further and further up until it operates like before.

Does anyo other browser do that, I love that firefox does.
Opera does an okay job but no one does it close to as well as firefox does it, being able to scroll through every suggestion, having the bookmarks take priority over google searches, they really nailed the awesomebar.

Blackhead

Redarse
Is there anything better than Gif Block for controlling the loading of gifs in webpages? Some of the gifs heavy pages these days can cripple my browser almost as much as flash...

Do you have any scrolling related add-ons?

A bit of a late reply from me, sorry about that.

I do have Yet Another Smooth Scrolling as an add-on. But I've been using that for ages without problem.

I don't know where this sudden change of arrow-key behavior comes from.

Izick

A bit of a late reply from me, sorry about that.

I do have Yet Another Smooth Scrolling as an add-on. But I've been using that for ages without problem.

I don't know where this sudden change of arrow-key behavior comes from.

Disable it and see if it continues.

Izick

Well damn, you're right. If I disable Smooth Scrolling, nothing's wrong. You're a great help desk, Izick. :)

Now to see how I can fix this problem, and why it occurred in the first place.

No problem. Add-ons are a lot of the times the culprit when stuff messes up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
FireFox 12 has been officially released...

Release Notes

The one main feature is they've improved the update structure in windows at least so it'll silently just auto update in the background. It's basically exactly like chrome now in terms of how things are handled update wise!

Firefox 13 Beta is on the FTP.

If you quit with a bunch of tabs open, it now only loads the pages on demand if you restore your session. So much better.

Madtown_

Firefox 13 Beta is on the FTP.

If you quit with a bunch of tabs open, it now only loads the pages on demand if you restore your session. So much better.
This has been an option I've been using for a few versions now, is it going be default now? I agree, it's a good feature and a good idea all-around. Perceived start-up time there can be a huge difference maker.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish Aurora would update to 14. I feel like there is a bit of lag time between the beta going stable and then the previous nightly versions hitting the Aurora channel.

kharma45

It's not been loading on start, so I have to kill the process and then try again to get it to load at times.

And it's just hanging a lot and freezing when browsing, one is an upgrade and one a clean install so I found it strange both are having performance issues with it.

Top Bottom