• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 Reveal? [IGN/EG: Teaser Vid Is Fake | No Reveal Or Announcement]

Frankfurt

Banned
I’m not one to post rumors, but this right here seems like the real deal. We were sent the image you see below by someone who was able to attend a behind-closed-doors Capcom press conference (much like the one we were able to attend at E3 2011) at Comic Con, which is still going on as of this writing.

The image shows off Resident Evil 6’s official logo and also the following date: September 15, 2011. That’s when we’re expected to receive official details from Capcom on this highly anticipated game. A full return to horror, or not? We’ll find out at TGS in just a few months. But for now, this rumor must be taken with a big grain of salt.

http://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-...ed-official-details-coming-on-september-15th/

Can anyone mirror/imageshack the image? I'm on my iPod, can't upload it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Well, Capcom did reveal several major games at TGS last year, so this would make sense from that perspective.

Kerrby

Banned
peF0G.jpg

abstract alien said:
Shit is as concrete as the Sunlight Mechanic they promised us in RE5.
yeah but to be fair, Revelations for the 3DS seems like a step in the right direction, so maybe they got their heads on straight.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
abstract alien said:
Shit is as concrete as the Sunlight Mechanic they promised us in RE5.

And it being singleplayer and no forced co-op. :|

Johnas

Interest somewhat piqued.

Fingers crossed.

I'm actually pretty ambivalent on whether it feels more like 4 or the older games, as long as it's drenched with atmosphere.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
You know what? I'm not even excited. Capcom hates me as a faithful consumer. Except for putting out resi 4 in HD. Now that, I can except that as love.

psykomyko

I wish I was excited for RE6, but RE5 disappointed me so much, I am scarred from it. RE4 is one of the best games ever.

BurntPork

Banned
Marrshu said:
I swear to god if there's forced co-op again I'll strangle myself with my own 360 controller. =p
That would be quite the feat. Please record it and put it on the internet when you do.

... Unless you have a wired controller; in which case, what's wrong with you?

Anyway, I'm not sure about giving Crapcom money...

I will be sooooooooo pissed off if they forced another co-op on us.

Make it optional for those who want it.... but for us the old RE fans, we want our game to be solo and scary again.

and oh yeah... this time is Clair turn, she didn't get her own game for a decade .

ezekial45

Banned
Sven from Capcom Unity said the game is going to be "ambitious". I certainly hope that means they're gonna go back to basics and bring back the horror.

Anyway, i can't wait to see it.

Sophia

BurntPork said:
That would be quite the feat. Please record it and put it on the internet when you do.

... Unless you have a wired controller; in which case, what's wrong with you?

I have both a wireless and wired controller. The wired one is for the second player (and the PC.) =p

Chris_C

I can't see Capcom releasing a sequel to one of their biggest franchises in 2 months with zero marketing ahead of time.

Are people really buying this?

Teknoman

The Praiseworthy said:
I will be sooooooooo pissed off if they forced another co-op on us.

Make it optional for those who want it.... but for us the old RE fans, we want our game to be solo and scary again.

I support this. Seperate co-op scenario would be nice.

Sophia

Chris_C said:
I can't see Capcom releasing a sequel to one of their biggest franchises in 2 months with zero marketing ahead of time.

I think you need to re-read the thread title. It says revealed, not releasing. As in, they're going to start showing it off at the Tokyo Game Show.

SmithnCo

Chris_C said:

It's just the date for when they reveal more info.

ezekial45

Banned
Chris_C said:

They're REVEALING info about it. Not releasing it.

Chris_C said:

September 15th is when they'll officially reveal the game, not release it.

feel

LiquidMetal14 said:
If it's like 4 or 5 then consider me less excited. Sorry guys and gals. I love the series pre 4.
This. I wouldn't mind if they went with the same style of camera as 4&5, but take it back to the fear/horror/puzzle-solving roots and make controlling the character as smooth as gears or dead space with the difficulty in combat coming from other aspects of the game like scarce ammo, two hit deaths or whatever. On the other hand, I would will for a static-camera resident evil at 1080p with incredibly atmospheric pre-rendered animated backgrounds and 3d character with great animations that blended well into the scenery, using the current consoles' power.

Top Bottom