• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2017 |OT| Don't be a SukaSuka for Gacha

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually meant the movie. I don't remember much about it, but doesn't it just end on a Jdrama-style train confession?

Mochizou confesses to Tamako about a half hour into the film, and the remaining hour focuses on Tamako trying to sort out her own feelings and deal with her fear of change. It does end with Tamako finally answering Mochizou's confession.

Either way, I remember it being more low key than the Your Name ending. lol

Tamako Love Story doesn't have falling comets wiping out villages, so in that sense, sure, it's more low-key. On the other hand, the Your Name ending is
"Hey, don't I know you?"
, which as far as relational progress goes is distinctly behind Tamako Love Story's ending.

How's blame so far?

Been curious to read the Manga but the artstyle is so... Dirty? I don't know, it's not particularly appealing to me. But I've heard great things.

It's got a minimalist story, low on chatter high on action most of the time. I personally think the big appeal is the art, so if that isn't grabbing you I doubt there's much there otherwise to hold you. I haven't gotten to watch this new movie yet though. But as someone who never really got why Blame was awesome, I thought it was okay, I'm still excited to see what they've done with it.

Gundam Build Fighters Try 17-20
DAN12ng_Vo_AEONv_K.jpg

That was alright. Inose should have been introduced earlier, but there was a decent conclusion to their battle.

That said...

Hell man, you just had to watch Kung Fu Panda and you were golden.

Monster Strike s2 Episode 7

Well the action with the angels + Napoleon in the magma bath against that lion that you always see in rich people's baths was amazing. I always love Napolean's cannons and creatures that fire them as she stand and points her blade, and also Luc[y]fer was there too.

Ren, Ryouma, Akira too with the usual peeking for the hot bath scenes was lol. Getting all fired up, how like Ren.

BLAME!

OMG Blame! was sooooo good...a little slow at the start and way more chatty then the manga., but damn if that action and world did not get my blood pumping! That gun action! First it was more a story inspired by BLAME!, because I remember a similar story in the manga, but it wasn't like that(For reference somewhere around LOG 15 or the 2nd BLAME! MASTER VOLUME). Then we get to the world and wow Polygon just nailed it, the visuals on this film are jaw-dropping. It was absolutely beautiful from start to finish. They got this feeling of awe, dread and long lost world perfectly.

Killy was also an absolute badass, when I said character where more talkative though that definitely excluded Killy haha. The dark cool and hot looking protagonist, he is just to best.

I do have something negative to say though. While they do succeed in making character like Killy look way better, the safeguards on the other end while looking cool were never as cool and grotesque looking as in the manga. Also a slow start, lots of early chatter.

Hopefully with an ending like that we can get another one! And boy am I hyped for GODZILLA! BLAME just made me give all my hopes and dreams to Polygon.

Just T

Natsume Yuujinchou Roku: 2 & 3

Thought the second ep was going to end a lot sadder than it did but at least they got each other. And the third ep was pretty funny seeing them all shook like that. Just like the first episode though they've both shown how far Natsume has come with his relationships to other people and confiding in them.

Ascheroth

Blame!

Yeah, this was Blame. Seeing the megastructure in animated form was awesome.
It's a loose adaption of something that happened early in the manga expanded into a full storyline. Cibo and Sana-kan have a role in here too that is similar to the manga yet slightly different but not really in a way that conflicts with the manga.
The story of the movie is nicely concluded, but Killy's search isn't, so basically they could continue making movies no problemo.

My biggest dissappointment is probably that they didn't really have the ton of awesome weird creatures/robots blame has. The enemies are basically entirely those basic white thingies you also see in the trailer and
Sana-kan.
as the 'boss'. They did show a constructor and it looked fucking awesome, but they didn't do anything with it.

It should be noted however that the environments/backgrounds were on fucking point. Looked amazing.

Monster Hunter Stories: Ride On Episode 32 - All-Out Airborne Assault!

lol at Leolaeus being the one who was causing Lute to be seasick, almost couldnt believe it considering how Lute does all those high flying acrobatics with little physical ailments from it.

I wish we had more adventure anime like this being made. Its so fun.

Oh and wait, that dude is Dan's friend?! What?! I need more Top Form!!!!1

Qurupeke

Virgin Soul 7

It certainly feels like the show is repeating itself. Demons attack, humans defend, demons lose and Azazel retreats. I suppose Nina or Mugaro will save him this time. It's like there's zero progression so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
How's blame so far?

Been curious to read the Manga but the artstyle is so... Dirty? I don't know, it's not particularly appealing to me. But I've heard great things.
The Blame movie feels like Sidonia, complete with similar twists and character archetypes. You might argue that Sidonia was just a retelling of Blame. :p

It's an interesting world though, and I guess I would consider reading the manga assuming Netflix isn't funding any more of these.

Then again, isn't the Sidonia anime dead?

Essentually yes, but that was the point of the movie in this case. The main ship were stuck in the past and needed to move their relationship forward and grow up. Mostly for Tamako.. The MC knew what he wanted..
I know it's anime so the best I can expect is for them to hold hands. lol

Just T

Natsume Yuujinchou Roku: 4

Natsume should probably continue keeping the book a secret from Natori. And that cliffhanger is too abrupt, would have sucked watching it when it first came out haha.

Starmyu Season 2 Episode 7

The Hoshitani Otori senpai admiration plot felt like romance, so sweet, and how Hoshitani was all embarassed about it and told Hiragi too lol, so sweet.

Hoshitani singing solos are also awesome, I hope he gets the role.

Toraishi, Shu, and Ren having singing was epic, best trio.

Pre-ordered. JoJo is one of my favourite series ever, so I'm more than happy to pony up for the limited edition. It came to around 80$ CND in total, but considering the stuff included with the Limited Edition, it's looks to be worth it.

Will probably wait to see how it much it comes to when it pops up on Amazon, and maybe cancel my order with RightStuf if there's a significant difference, though.

Im glad they are re-releasing JoJo from somebody that gives a shit. That WB release was pathetic.

I ended up getting the WB release, just because I wanted to support the series, but OH MY GOD, was it terrible.

I really hope, since they don't mention it on the page, that the VIZ release has separate subtitle tracks for English and Japanese. Not having that would be a serious mess. Having an actual menu would be nice, too.

I'm excited to see the series on HD with all the vibrant colours. It's how it should be watched.

Yowamushi Pedal New Generation Episode 19

Kaburagi is so silly, I can't believe even with Aoyagi watching him he still thought it was some soda god leading him messages lol. He's kind of lovable. And also Aoyagi is such a good mentor.

Im guessing Sohoku will be losing this first stretch.

Syrinx

Himouto! Umaru-chan

It definitely took some time to get used to Umaru's.character, but once I did, this became a highly entertaining show. Though I think the scenes with just Umaru and her brother are my least favorite overall, the show probably doesn't work without Umaru's two-faced nature (well, three actually with UMR).

Kirie da best.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm doing a group watch with 4-7 other people of Monster.

We watched eps 40 through 55 today (basically all the stuff that happens in the czech republic)

Here are the reactions we had when
Johan removed the wig

http://imgur.com/a/t3HD5

JulianImp

Kuroko's Basketball - #20-28
This is actually pretty entertaining, and even though I can see teams heavily banking on pitting their aces against each other to determine the winner, I think the character development and pacing are both good enough to compensate for that. I guess it's still going to be a while before we learn just what was it that resulted in Kuroko's teammates no longer enjoying the game and playing strictly to win, though.

The only thing I don't like is how the show tends to use its two female characters for making stupid comparisons about their breast size, which is a shame since I do like the chemistry between Riko and the team captain at the very least (but only when their scenes don't devolve into slapstick comedy, that is).

Too bad Polygon Pictures will not finish Knights of Sidonia. One of the few mecha shows in the past years which also didn't bomb in the retail market.

Kuroko's Basketball - #20-28
This is actually pretty entertaining, and even though I can see teams heavily banking on pitting their aces against each other to determine the winner, I think the character development and pacing are both good enough to compensate for that. I guess it's still going to be a while before we learn just what was it that resulted in Kuroko's teammates no longer enjoying the game and playing strictly to win, though.

The only thing I don't like is how the show tends to use its two female characters for making stupid comparisons about their breast size, ).

I think those scenes felt out of place, especially considering the fandom and fanbase .

JulianImp

I think those scenes felt out of place, especially considering the fandom and fanbase .

Do you mean the Rika x Captain scenes? If that's the case, then I don't really see what's the deal with them getting along...

Wait, now that I think about it it's almost like the smurfette principle, only they're the only non-bromantic couple in the whole show (Momoi x Kuroko is mostly a comedic unwanted fangirl routine, and Aomine's awfully self-centered, while his relationship with her has barely been portrayed in the show so far).

If you mean Riko/Momoi breast comparisons, then I guess you're right. I can definitely understand why people might be inclined to ship the boys with each other if they're mostly written in pairs where each of them acts as a foil to the other, and the whole story is about Koroko and Kagami supporting each other and getting together... as basketball players.

duckroll

Is the BLAME! movie a one-shot or is it part of a larger project? I remember when they first announced Ajin, it was movie or something right? Then eventually there were multiple movies and then a TV series edited from that? Am I misremembering? Could there be something similar here?

I mean after all, they're doing -3- Godzilla movies too, so it sure sounds like that would make a 1-cours TV series later on.

Is the BLAME! movie a one-shot or is it part of a larger project? I remember when they first announced Ajin, it was movie or something right? Then eventually there were multiple movies and then a TV series edited from that? Am I misremembering? Could there be something similar here?

I mean after all, they're doing -3- Godzilla movies too, so it sure sounds like that would make a 1-cours TV series later on.

I think Ajin had multiple movies planned from the start. So far BLAME! seems like a one shot, but the ending of the movie leaves open the possibility of a follow up. It feels kinda like a pilot in some ways

Thoraxes

That's a pretty nice set! Is the LE the only one available though, or is there a standard as well?

They only have the LE up.

Looking at the end of the trailer too, it seems like that'll be the only version available... For the immediate future anyways. I'd have assumed they'd mention multiple SKUs with the announcement if they had any intention of doing so, since that's what they've done with past releases with this sort of format.

Just T

Natsume Yuujinchou Roku: 5

Pretty much a sad episode, the familiars intentions weren't as bad as the others thought. Natsume was pretty assertive this ep which worked out for the better. That last scene though was pretty bleak, hopefully Hiiragi could do something if things get out of hand.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
My Hero Academia Season 2, Episode 8:

Right, this episode could basically e called the exhibition match of the midcarders given how quickly we blew through six matches and aside from building up or further developing the support cast the big focus is on the main event match of Ochako Vs Bakugo.

blurr

My Hero Academia 21

This episode went by so fast, almost all battles concluded more or less predictably except for the one between Support class girl and Iida. That was hilarious.

I'm also super glad they aren't taking Uraraka vs Bakugo lightly. It looks incredible.

DanMachi Gaiden Sword Oratoria 06

I'm not one to comment much on the technical side of things in shows but one thing I love about this show is the sound design. I absolutely adored how weighty and powerful they made the dungeon boss' attacks sound and whenever it struck the ground or hit Ais herself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom