• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Surfer Girl returns, claims 360 slim for E3 and rebrand

TommyT

Totobeni said:
how I missed this thread ?

well if she is saying that Insomniac will go multiplat or even working exclusively for Micorosft I don't see it as a "surprise" at all , since Ted Price already hinted on going for bigger market and Insomniac was unhappy with PS3 fans attitude toward them.

Oh lordy... did you just read the OP and hit reply?

edit:

Totobeni
An blind dancing ho

... nvm

TheOddOne

ULTROS! said:
Slightly OT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236806

Here are some that came true (initially unconfirmed):

- The Gears of War trilogy will be finished on the Xbox 360.
- Forza Motorsport 3 is currently in development at Turn 10 and aiming for a spring/summer 2009 release.
- Super Punch-Out! is coming to Virtual Console [in 2008]. ~ came out 2009
- Team Ico is working on two titles (maybe three), one major and the other(s) smaller. The smaller one(s) is/are more like Echochrome and does/do not take place inside the Ico canon. ~ not sure about this, but TLG is the major one.
- Kane & Lynch 2 is still happening.

Although some are completely false like L.A. Noire not coming to the 360 and the Red Dead Revolver successor coming out as an exclusive.
Dunno the might have been true, but maby business changed and they went multiplat.

Jocchan said:
It's Son of Godzilla. He likes to post the exact opposite of what anyone would, in any circumstance.
True!

For instance, four pages ago:
Son of Godzilla said:
I actually believe none of this.

Rez said:
I am and always have been a Surfer, Girl.
fteakx.jpg

If they launch a SLIM 360 of sorts with Natal bundle I would be buying a new 360 when the release it.

My 360 broke this month and I don't want to buy an existing model, so I'll wait.

TommyT

yencid said:
no no no the original surfer girl actually got stuff right... this its a pretty bad attempt specially if you noticed what "insider information" was posted in that blog before admitting that it was fake.

Shiggy said:
Many of the "false" rumors were true when posted.

Add lack of reading comprehension to the "standards" that *imposter* SurferGirl was talking about.

Yeah, had a feeling MS would go black with the Slim. Makes sense.

All their accessories are only being sold pretty much in Black now. You can hardly find the white stuff anywhere anymore.

Nice, will go well in my living room with the PS3 Slim I'll be buying around the same time.

Shiggy

TommyT said:
Add lack of reading comprehension to the "standards" that *imposter* SurferGirl was talking about.

What exactly do you mean?

While going through those rumors though, I'd say that I could've done 70 % of those only by browsing through resumes and LinkedIn profiles though. Thus I still believe that this person was a recruiter.

TommyT

Shiggy said:
What exactly do you mean?

While going through those rumors though, I'd say that I could've done 70 % of those only by browsing through resumes and LinkedIn profiles though. Thus I still believe that this person was a recruiter.

Two replies in defense of the original SurferGirl of whom I never once referenced in what I was talking about. I guess I'll have to explain every detail:

"Standards have fallen" alluding to how MaxConsole handled their information, and how GAF was quick to jump to thread creation, and no telling how many people actually drooling over the "rumors" coming from the site.

TommyT said:
Two replies in defense of the original SurferGirl of whom I never once referenced in what I was talking about. I guess I'll have to explain every detail:

"Standards have fallen" alluding to how MaxConsole handled their information, and how GAF was quick to jump to thread creation, and no telling how many people actually drooling over the "rumors" coming from the site.
2hdthqvk1dw-1.gif

ULTROS! said:
Slightly OT:

Here are some that came true (initially unconfirmed):

- The Gears of War trilogy will be finished on the Xbox 360.
- Forza Motorsport 3 is currently in development at Turn 10 and aiming for a spring/summer 2009 release.
- Super Punch-Out! is coming to Virtual Console [in 2008]. ~ came out 2009
- Team Ico is working on two titles (maybe three), one major and the other(s) smaller. The smaller one(s) is/are more like Echochrome and does/do not take place inside the Ico canon. ~ not sure about this, but TLG is the major one.
- Kane & Lynch 2 is still happening.

Although some are completely false like L.A. Noire not coming to the 360 and the Red Dead Revolver successor coming out as an exclusive.

Jesus Christ! Talk about some unpredictable predictions!

plufim

Pretty obvious to me the new surfer girl only admitted being a fake because they'd been caught out as such. Rather than look the fool, they quickly tried to turn it on those who'd payed attention to them.

They'd have kept this up for as long as they could have. They can say all they want about how easily fooled some of the gaming community are, but they themselves were trying to get internet fame by fooling people. Pretty sure that's far worse.

They say it was "like taking candy from a baby". In those cases, it's not the goddam baby that is the jerk.

Truespeed

Totobeni said:
well if she is saying that Insomniac will go multiplat or even working exclusively for Micorosft I don't see it as a "surprise" at all , since Ted Price already hinted on going for bigger market and Insomniac was unhappy with PS3 fans attitude toward them.

I'm sure Ted is really concerned with the attitude of the lunatic fringe within the vocal minority.

Top Bottom