• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Jedi is the cover of EW's Fall Movie Preview (light spoilers)

Snoke's Praetorian guards.

000263250hr.jpg

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!

Oh god, Howling III flashbacks...

The "Rey is Obi-Wan's grand-daughter" theory would be interesting if it connected to a later Obi-Wan spin-off film detailing how Kenobi originally hooked up with her gradmother...who I'd presume would be a female tusken raider, or something. Otherwise, Obi-Wan breaking his vows and having it off with some random woman during the events of the prequels would seem very out of character for someone so famously committed to the Jedi Code.

Excuse me?

blakep267

So Finn is going back to being a coward and a quitter even after the last movie. So they are basically giving him the Han Solo treatment. Is he gonna be put in carbonite as well?

Another movie of Finn running away. This character really has killed all the hopes I had for him when he was initially revealed.

I don't think I'll be watching this.

SpaceWolf

Banned
Excuse me?

It would be great! She could reminisce about how Anakin came to her village that one time and butchered her whole family, and Obi-Wan could spend the whole film feeling incredibly guilty about it.

By the way, if you're wondering if I'm joking here...at this point I'm not even sure.

“No, it’s entirely a mo-cap performance,” Johnson says. “[Creature designer] Neal Scanlan built a maquette that we had on set for lighting reference and to give the actors a sense of what it was going to feel like. And then we scanned that and [Industrial Light & Magic] used that in their renderings, but Snoke will be an entirely CG creation.”

Snoke Dogg is all CG again.

-griffy-

Banned
“No, it’s entirely a mo-cap performance,” Johnson says. “[Creature designer] Neal Scanlan built a maquette that we had on set for lighting reference and to give the actors a sense of what it was going to feel like. And then we scanned that and [Industrial Light & Magic] used that in their renderings, but Snoke will be an entirely CG creation.”

That confirms that.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Another movie of Finn running away. This character really has killed all the hopes I had for him with he was initially revealed.

I don't think I'll be watching this.

This is quite a leap to make, having absolutely no idea what his arc will actually be. And that lack of information is going to make you not want to watch a Rian Johnson-directed Star Wars?

Definitely interesting that Luke had such particular expectations for Ben, if Hamill's not just being fanciful with the 'chosen one' talk.

But from the sounds of the article, Rey's gonna prod his development along as much as she has to figure out just what he's even up to. Perhaps setting up for an eventual twist on the lesson from Empire where him sitting around until he's 'ready' with whatever he's trying to do is actually a problem as it leads to inaction?

Also I like the idea of this legend of Finn having somewhat outpaced the reality of him. He was fighting mainly to save a friend, maybe stop an authoritarian regime from having a doomsday weapon, and then disappear forever. Now he's been mythologised into this wish fulfilment redemption and revenge fantasy by scores of people he's never met and who know barely a thing about him. I can easily imagine Rose hyping up what he's capable of while he just stares blankly trying to figure out where she even heard some of this stuff.

Jarmel

Banned
He has been critically wounded by a lightsaber attack that still burns and has never quite healed.
How? Howwwww?????

We've never seen any lightsaber seemingly leave a burning aftereffect.

SpaceWolf

Banned
How? Howwwww?????

Snoke probably refused to allow Kylo to seek out proper medical attention to treat the wound, forcing Kylo to bear his scar as a permanent reminder of his humiliating defeat, thus fueling his rage and hatred.

Or something.

EDIT: Assuming you're talking about Kylo. If not, disregard.

So Luke wasnt at the temple on Ahch-To by himself? He had fishy ewok nuns with him? I was hoping he was totally alone out there.

How? Howwwww?????

Could be metaphorical, like his immediate reaction to seeing Kylo is one of fear. Alternatively, in full fan speculation mode, perhaps Kylo's sheer hatred of him manifests in causing pain via the wound, ala Harry Potter.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
How? Howwwww?????

I mean, to be fair, every time we do see someone attacked by a lightsaber, they usually lose a limb that's immediately treated/replaced entirely or just kick the bucket altogether.

Don't think there was anyone else in a movie that got a very heavy yet survivable injury that wasn't dismemberment up until TFA.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I mean, to be fair, every time we do see someone attacked by a lightsaber, they usually lose a limb that's immediately treated/replaced entirely or just kick the bucket altogether.

Don't think there was anyone else in a movie that got a very heavy yet survivable injury that wasn't dismemberment up until TFA.

Obi-Wan gets hit in the arm and legs on AotC by Dooku tho.

Sephzilla

Notice the heat distortion. I can fully believe that Kylo Ren's unstable lightsaber could have some burning side effects

7df3b555be5331064bd27e3798e5baab.gif

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
So whats gona happen that makes Finn want back in?

A combination of hanging out with Rose plus a proper and rousing understanding that this is all much bigger than him, probably.

Because come to think of it, Rey really was the sole motivating factor for why he went to Starkiller. He never did get a proper wake-up call.

Ridisc

Banned
Loved what I read except for Finn, I trust them to do it differently but his moment of confronting Kylo at the end of TFA was the moment I thought he stopped running, now to hear he wakes up and wants to run again, bleh.

Surfinn

Damn. No puppet no puppet! For Snoke. Here's to hoping they make him look real and unique via mo cap and cgi.

I sense.. A Bobby post demanding to know why Snoke needs active body guards to defend him..

Loved what I read except for Finn, I trust them to do it differently but his moment of confronting Kylo at the end of TFA was the moment I thought he stopped running, now to hear he wakes up and wants to run again, bleh.

Yeah not really a fan of the idea but let's see how it plays out

Damn. No puppet no puppet! For Snoke. Here's to hoping they make him look real and unique via mo cap and cgi.

I sense.. A Bobby post demanding to know why Snoke needs active body guards to defend him..

Well, I mean, Palpatine had guards and the dude could throw lightning.

Surfinn

Well, I mean, Palpatine had guards and the dude could throw lightning.
Right but these guys have a much more active presence. The article also mentions how the emperor's guards were almost there for their presentation and how these new guys are much more apparently ready to fight

But I agree with you. I think Snoke can take care of himself

Top Bottom