• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resistance vs HALO 3 (comparison inside)

bouc_emissaire

Who Compares, Wins
Two good looking games, two great multi-players games.
Will Halo 3 make better than Resistance ?

ResistanceVSHalo3.jpg

What do you think ?

GhaleonEB

A noble attempt, but it should be done after Halo 3 is released. We've seen NOTHING of campaign, which is the meat of the game.

JB1981

A couple things:

1. Resistance MP and SP look the same but all these Halo 3 shots are exclusively MP shots.

2. Color palettes are worlds apart.

3. Resistance has many many more players onscreen and huge multiplayer maps. At least 2x the size of the maps in Halo 3 MP beta.

4. Halo 3 has air and land vehicles online, whereas Resistance does not (much better explosions as well).

5. Resistance was a launch title.

6. Resistance has at least 4xaa. Halo 3 does not. But Halo has HDR (not sure if Resistance does).

7. This thread will not end well.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
GhaleonEB said:
A noble attempt, but it should be done after Halo 3 is released. We've seen NOTHING of campaign, which is the meat of the game.
Shouldn't be done at all imo. :lol

bumpkin

bouc_emissaire said:
What do you think ?
I own a 360 and will be buying Halo 3. I do not own a PS3 and therefore didn't buy Restistance.

And besides, Gears is better. :lol

"There's room for one more. It's a ****ing party down here!"

123rl

Did somebody actually try and find photos that could be compared with each other (snow setting with snow setting etc)? :lol

This is the funniest thing I've seen on the internet today. Did I say funny? Sorry, I meant stupid. This is the stupidest thing I've seen on the internet today

Finished vs Unfinished (Compare the GRAW images from November to its release graphics in Feb, you will see what a difference some months can make).

MP images vs...SP/MP mix?

And my next question is, Will Resistance ever be as much fun as Halo 3?

JB1981

Bouc is notorious for comparison shots. It's not intended to start a flame war. He's just having a little fun. It's pretty sad that these games can't be compared because they're on opposing platforms. So much insecurity around here.

sk3tch

bumpkin said:
And besides, Gears is better. :lol

I own Resistance and Gears...I think Resistance is way better. Graphically, yeah...Gears.

Although Halo 3 Beta trumps them all, so far.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Visually rfom has more style but halo has better gameplay, no?

Personally i dont like halo, but going by popular opinion halo is the better game.

JB1981 said:
Bouc is notorious for comparison shots. It's not intended to start a flame war. He's just having a little fun. It's pretty sad that these games can't be compared because they're on opposing platforms. So much insecurity around here.

I don't think it has anything to do with the platforms, more to do with the nature of the shots available for Halo 3 at this time.

tanod

when is my burrito
You left out the snow level on Resistance?!?!?!!

i'm kidding although that level is awesome

One's done, one's not = invalid comparison. :/

JB1981

Francias Castiglione said:
I don't think it has anything to do with the platforms, more to do with the nature of the shots available for Halo 3 at this time.
Meh. Halo 3 MP is done. Nothing substantial is going to change (if anything at all). I stand by that. What you're seeing now is what you're going to get, imo.

tak

I think this generation we are going to learn art style has more of an effect on making a games graphics look good then the console behind the game.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think one thing that Resistance does that many other games do not is really, really crank up the geometry. A lot of other games use lower poly environments with complex shaders, but some of Resistance's later levels are just so geometrically complex that they are impressive despite drabber lighting and less interesting shader effects.

The alien architecture in the later levels is as impressive as most of the stuff in many other games.

Steroyd

m0dus said:
So I take it Gear's of war, Rainbow Six, or GRAW is kicking the guy's head in? or did you forget those particular titles in your race to post that gif? :lol

Yes, if you compare just Resistance to the many available on the Xbox 360 that is what will happen.

Next up Resistance vs Gears of War 2. :lol

SpacLock

JB1981 said:
Meh. Halo 3 MP is done. Nothing substantial is going to change (if anything at all). I stand by that. What you're seeing now is what you're going to get, imo.

Whoa you really are full of rich creamy shit. I stand by that.

although I dont think its fair to compare unfinished to finished and completely multiplayer screens to single player---

I still have this sneaky feeling that Halo 3 is gonna be a big disappointment visually....

Top Bottom