• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Compilation of Hilarious Animations in Mass Effect Andromeda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slaythe

Much appreciated, sad to see there's nothing fundamentally better in the non-glitched version expect better textures and poly count. I now remember seeing that alpha footage at the time but had completely forgotten about it until today, and it's a shame at how much fidelity and detail is lost in the final version. You can even see them deliberately cut the camera when the coughing starts so you can't even see the character's face properly until he falls down since they've obviously cut/changed the animations drastically in the final product.

It's a shame to see a troubled project like this, especially one that potentially showed some promise, as a new and bright future for the Mass Effect franchise. I've had my beef with the original trilogy, but there was a lot of good stuff in there, so I'm kinda bummed when a big and interesting sci-fi series gets borked like this.

Yeah that went about exactly as I expected. :p

inky

https://youtu.be/FvR2E6GbXz4?t=2m20s

I was like 'uh-uh, he seems decent' and then...

Reminds me of this gif:

hv3eD.gif

Holy smokes. LOL

That looks awful! Had to take a still image to post. May be a bit blurry from being a still, but the lighting, the colors, what happened?!

8c8Pcei.png

I watched about 5 minutes of the Quick Look and happened to randomly skip to this point. Even knowing this game was kinda broken, I couldn't believe it looks this awful.

Keasar

I just finished a comparison between the (alpha?) footage from april 2016 and this one. I couldn't find a good video so I used the glitched footage.

https://my.mixtape.moe/lygacu.mp4

What in the flying...

So, they had a version where the characters actually had animated faces that looked natural. Where the Krogan squeezes on the fruit-pollen-thingy. Where it actually spews some neat looking fumes. And where the guy doesn't look like he went into immediate paralysis on the face.

What platform is this recorded on? Surely they can't have wrecked the fuck out of textures and lightning like that, it has to be ultra-low settings on PC or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom