• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XSEED Teasing New Announcements (Senran Kagura Vita? +More)

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't see this posted already, and someone asked me to toss it on GAF to figure some of these out.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/26/xseed-games-a-year-in-review/

We have more in store for PS3, Vita, and even PSP fans in the coming year, so be sure to keep an eye on PlayStation.Blog, as well as our Facebook and Twitter, for any announcements (not to mention the inevitable pre-announcement teases!).

It's already begun, the black figures in the image seem to be teases for some of their announcements.

11472268285_e5226d3341_z.jpg

The one in the top left appears to have been figured out already, Senran Kagura for Vita.

Edit: And the silhouette on the right is apparently from Akiba's Trip 2. That leaves the one on the bottom left. And XSEED will likely have some other teases for non-PS platforms (probably 3DS and PC) before too long too.

Eusis

Well, that cat thing's from Zero/Ao/Nayuta no Kiseki and for all I know appears in Sen no Kiseki, so either they have a ninja localization team and are skipping the Third to go to Zero (likely on Vita), or we may be getting Nayuta no Kiseki on PSP afterall.

And it's a pretty great action RPG and surprisingly import friendly (dividing up the game in a platformer-esque fashion with stages/worlds and a central hub town help though), but it'd still be nice to actually understand it!

EDIT: Though there's also the possibility that someone (wyrdwad?) is an asshole and threw that in there as a red herring.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
PSP? I wonder if they have anything other than Trails planned.

I think that's supposed to imply another PSP announcement. Wyrdwad has said they could release Brandish or Nayuta no Kiseki, but that it's pretty unlikely (especially the latter).

And I thought Mishi(?) made an appearance in Ys Celceta, but I haven't really had the opportunity to dig into that enough to have seen it.

Edit: Likely unrelated to this specific tease, but I think they have also teased Corpse Party 2 for PC. They were supposed to have a non-Falcom PC announcement a while back and something that would have been fitting for October. Seems that one has gotten pushed back quite a bit.

Well, that cat thing's from Zero/Ao/Nayuta no Kiseki and for all I know appears in Sen no Kiseki, so either they have a ninja localization team and are skipping the Third to go to Zero (likely on Vita), or we may be getting Nayuta no Kiseki on PSP afterall.

And it's a pretty great action RPG and surprisingly import friendly (dividing up the game in a platformer-esque fashion with stages/worlds and a central hub town help though), but it'd still be nice to actually understand it!

EDIT: Though there's also the possibility that someone (wyrdwad?) is an asshole and threw that in there as a red herring.
Bleh, not Nayuta. >_<

I'll choose to look at it as a sign they're with the canon Kiseki series for the long haul.

C'mon detectiveGAF, let's get down to business here. We figured out about Senran Kagura and Trails SC from extreme close-ups of a girl's breast and a guy's elbow, surely we can decipher some silhouettes.

Eusis

And I thought Mishi(?) made an appearance in Ys Celceta, but I haven't really had the opportunity to dig into that enough to have seen it.
Hmm, maybe that's just becoming something of a general Falcom mascot then. Seems like it'd be one of the easier late-PSP RPGs to do that isn't a full blown dungeon crawler, doubly so if they don't worry about dubbing (not that it seems like it'd be a very heavy dub job anyway.)
Bleh, not Nayuta. >_<

I'll choose to look at it as a sign they're with the canon Kiseki series for the long haul.
Anything in particular you found wrong with it besides the story? I have seen wyrdwad rag on that and I don't doubt at a minimum it's nothing to get excited about, but it's definitely nice for those of us that miss action RPGs we saw in the 32-bit era like Brave Fencer Musashi or Threads of Fate.
C'mon detectiveGAF, let's get down to business here. We figured out about Senran Kagura and Trails SC from extreme close-ups of a girl's breast and a guy's elbow, surely we can decipher some silhouettes.
The silhouette on the left just looks like someone holding a staff, and I think Estelle had that position in the SC teaser they had. Maybe just a nod to the fact it's an upcoming title they still need to release more concrete details on.

androvsky

Sunglasses dude on the right looks familiar, but I can't place it enough to google for it.

Pretty excited about more Senran Kagura if true.

Bring it on! Had fun with Burst. I got like three other people to pick it up, too. I did my part!

Anything in particular you found wrong with it besides the story? I have seen wyrdwad rag on that and I don't doubt at a minimum it's nothing to get excited about, but it's definitely nice for those of us that miss action RPGs we saw in the 32-bit era like Brave Fencer Musashi or Threads of Fate.
The non-canon aspect of it is my main problem. I'm sure it's a fine action game, but that is not what I want from the Kiseki series. If I knew for sure we are getting all the main Kiseki games, I'd say they can knock themselves out and go for Nayuta too, but the possibility that they'd skip canon games for it makes my stomach churn.

And it doesn't look like Falcom is interested in continuing with the Nayuta-verse either, so what's the point? XSEED needs to build and define the Trails brand in North America. Nayuta will only confuse things.

The silhouette on the left just looks like someone holding a staff, and I think Estelle had that position in the SC teaser they had. Maybe just a nod to the fact it's an upcoming title they still need to release more concrete details on.
The staff person as already been figured out elsewhere. (It's another Senran Kagura game.) It's the glasses dude and the small person in the bottom corner we need to work on.

It would be really cool if Senran Kagura for Vita came to the US. It was one of the games I was most looking forward to playing when I got a Vita.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The staff is for Senran Kagura, they already found the exact image

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Sunglasses dude on the right looks familiar, but I can't place it enough to google for it.

Saw someone suggest Lily Bergamo. I haven't paid any attention to that so I'm not really sure if it fits. Edit: They didn't mention PS4, so that's probably not it.

Bleh, not Nayuta. >_<

http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=26967&#entry823657

Very much doubt it's going to be Nayuta.

Saw someone suggest Lily Bergamo. I haven't paid any attention to that so I'm not really sure if it fits. Edit: They didn't mention PS4, so that's probably not it.
Also, the only character revealed for that game so far is the main protagonist, and that is definitely not her.

Eusis

The non-canon aspect of it is my main problem. I'm sure it's a fine action game, but that is not what I want from the Kiseki series. If I knew for sure we are getting all the main Kiseki games, I'd say they can knock themselves out and go for Nayuta too, but the possibility that they'd skip canon games for it makes my stomach churn.

And it doesn't look like Falcom is interested in continuing with the Nayuta-verse either, so what's the point? XSEED needs to build and define the Trails brand in North America. Nayuta will only confuse things.
I really wouldn't want to have that attitude taken as there's something to be said for games that can stand on their own, plus they can always translate the name differently or even leave it as Nayuta no Kiseki in NA. Plus it seems Carpe Fulgur's more or less fully on SC, so this leaves staff at XSEED to work on something that's not a huge investment and could do OK regardless of how SC does.
Ohh, right, I see now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, that was FAST. In any case, awesome to see that SV might actually happen. I was rather pleased by how well Burst was, looking forward to possibly playing SV, even if it's digital again.

Vamphuntr

I don't think it will be a trails of game. They already announced SC and they are not even working on it fully themselves. We'll never get Sen no Kiseki at this rate T.T

I really wouldn't want to have that attitude taken as there's something to be said for games that can stand on their own, plus they can always translate the name differently or even leave it as Nayuta no Kiseki in NA. Plus it seems Carpe Fulgur's more or less fully one SC, so this leaves staff at XSEED to work on something that's not a huge investment and could do OK regardless of how SC does.
Except that XSEED is a small firm, and they need to make every localization decision count. Any attention they give to the Kiseki brand needs to be focused on the meat of the series right now. It still hasn't found a solid foothold in the US, and this is crucial for the continuation of it.

And as chaosblade has already mentioned, it almost certainly won't be Nayuta anyway.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Ooh yeah forgot about DLC, there were three DLC characters right?

even more reasons to buy it again :)
I think it was just two, Rin & Daidouji (can't remember the exact spelling), then a ton of clothing DLC. I just hope it's priced decently or at the very least, bundles. Though I just want the characters since I find it hard to bring myself to buy DLC that doesn't really change anything with the gameplay.

baekshi

Banned
I hope they get rid of the Online Pass, it needs to die. I couldn't play it online on my US account.

Also, DLC. Finally be able to play this.

Eusis

Except that XSEED is a small firm, and they need to make every localization decision count. Any attention they give to the Kiseki brand needs to be focused on the meat of the series right now. It still hasn't found a solid foothold in the US, and this is crucial for the continuation of it.

And as chaosblade has already mentioned, it almost certainly won't be Nayuta anyway.
While you obviously can't be overly careless, I'd still have to question how much harm it'd really do at least post-SC release. Especially with how knowledgeable people can be online, I almost think that'd be a better time than when it originally came out in Japan anyway (though I have no idea how Ao ended either and it was likely partially so they'd have the time to get Sen 2 out sooner than later.)

Though I missed that post. Ah well, I'd point out it was only about $30 on Amazon but I think those copies actually got sold out now.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I don't think it will be a trails of game. They already announced SC and they are not even working on it fully themselves. We'll never get Sen no Kiseki at this rate T.T

Definitely not. We won't hear anything else about the series until after SC releases, barring a possible PS3 localization for FC and SC (they're apparently still looking into that).

On the Bright side (har har), Wyrdwad seemed pretty optimistic about SC's prospects and expects to continue working on the series. They're almost definitely going to tackle the games in order though, so I wouldn't even think about Sen any time in the near future.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

I mean, it kinda looks like Suda's-style, but you're right with not much being revealed with it yet.

Who else wears glasses then, in a game that's not localized?

Corpse Party 2U incoming!
(Yeah right)

I'd also be okay with Ys VS Trails(equally unlikely).

Book of Shadows kind of me turned me off to Corpse Party. The first one was decent but the second one was just boring. I'd be more interested in Ys VS Trails.

Edit:
From what I'm seeing, it plays like a Musou game. That is, a Dynasty Warriors game with a lot more plot.
Thanks! I think I'll end up trying out both at some point.

Heres hoping this one has a physical release but I'm not holding my breath.

Top Bottom