• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFO 50 announced (PC, 2018) from creators of Spelunky, Downwell, and more

http://50games.fun/

UFO 50 is a collection of 50 single and multiplayer games from the creators of Spelunky, Downwell, Time Barons, Skorpulac, and Madhouse. Jump in and explore a variety of genres, from platformers and shoot 'em ups to puzzle games and RPGs. Our goal is to combine a familiar 8-bit aesthetic with new ideas and modern game design sensibilities.

logo.jpg

FAQ

Q. How big are the games?
A: In general, the games are slightly smaller than commercial 8-bit titles from the 80's, but rest assured that they are full games and not microgames or minigames! Completing the entire collection could easily take over a hundred hours.
Q. Who's doing what?
A: Each game has a director who came up with the core concept, but everyone on the team worked on games they didn't direct and helped with art, programming, and design.
Q. Are the games connected in any way?
A: The story of UFO 50 is that the games were all created in the 80's by a fictional company that was obscure but ahead of its time. They're all connected by a unique 32-color palette and other restrictions we decided on to make them feel more authentic.
Q. What kind of multiplayer is available in the collection?
A: All the games will feature a single-player mode, and roughly a third of the games will feature either cooperative or competitive multiplayer modes as well.
Q. What platforms is UFO 50 coming out on and when?
A: We're planning to release the game on PC first in 2018 and then move on to other platforms.
Q. How much will UFO 50 cost?
A: We're still deciding on the price, but we want it to be an easy purchase!

UFO 50 is being published by Mossmouth. The development team is:
THE TEAM
Derek Yu: @mossmouth
Eirik Suhrke: @strotchy
Jon Perry: @QuibbleGames
Paul Hubans: @phubans
Ojiro Fumoto: @moppin_

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wqZi1smZOg

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, it's cool to see a new game from these guys, but I'm not sure how I feel about the concept. Could be really cool, though.

BTA

As someone who loves Downwell + played a lot of the original Spelunky despite being terrible at it (and despite not playing it much at all, actually had a wonderful time playing multiplayer with friends in the new version just last week), I'm in day 1.

Galang

Banned
Wow this sounds and looks awesome!! Individually they've nailed the aesthetics for a lot of these games

Kalor

This sounds cool. Theres been similar collections before but it seems like each game will be a good lengh.

This seems super awesome. The idea of an anthology of smaller games has always been interesting.

Guild 01 only had 4 but they were so different from each other.

I like the concept, but would've liked to see a larger pool of indie devs.
Terry Cavanagh, Vlambeer, Team Meat & Pixel and come to mind.

RM8

This is now my most hyped game.

50 gameplay focused games with authentic retro inspired visuals, made by competent game designers!

This is the [hopefully good] sequel to Retro Game Challenge I didn't know I needed! May Arino play it to Incept the universe.

Santar

This looks interesting, lots of different stuff in there. Some games look interesting others not quite so much. Hopefully more of the former.
Was eagerly anticipating Derek Yu's next project but was kinda hoping it'd be something a little more fleshed out than this to be honest. Still very much looking forward to this!

We're invariably going to end up with some good games and some bad games. Don't really see the point of forcing people to buy them together.

Top Bottom